i fly stick and its messed up atm, theyve not finished debugging controllers i think, an enforced deadzone of about 40% means aiming with the nose cannon is like sailing a boat in a storm, my time will come, ive flown since the sinclair spectrum and everyone says im an awesome pilot in BFP4F (which is almost all gun in a dogfight, ask RPGforYOU what im like in a jet ) but until they fix the joysticks overall then ill just noob around use a mix of a2a and rotary. Chases start far away and many just boost and go on lock so ill just lazy follow, keep tagging with missiles and usually thats them done, but as soon as they want to dance up close then huge deadzone doesnt matter as much, fine aim isnt an issue so bang bang with the rotary, slide a few clips in their face

cqb dogfights can be fun, sometimes end up face to face with another pilot, firing away at each other

ive got all the buttons mapped, takes fraction of a second to switch main to secondary weap, not even that maybe, i use the same button so no thinking needed really, its just this pita deadzone. I can fly keyboard but im clumsy with it, with a stick i seem to shine, at least in other games.

yeah that reverse manoeuvre looked cool, i saw on youtube and practised at the gate, i did it a few times, just to say i did it but you actually use it in a df? lol, perhaps i should practice it some more.

oh and agree with the fun, a2a really is a poor cert gain, so many bailers too, but i just have to fly so it doesnt matter, fun is where its at .. well, when they fix the darn stick itll be more like fun, again, maybe keyboard might be better, but with a stick it just feels so natural, so thats how i fly, worse or not i dont care, sticks feel fun to fly jets with