PDA

View Full Version : GamesCOM 2014

pyran
2014-06-12, 16:29
Heyo Guys!

http://i.imgur.com/VZsA4Da.jpg

All of you remember our last years trip to GamesCOM...or at least the video we made there ;-)
I know Frank doesn't have much time this year, so no official trip can be organized.
But that doesn't mean there is no trip at all!
I will be at GamesCOM on Friday the 15th and Saturday the 16th of August.

Anyone else interested in meeting up there?
Some place to sleep and some cars to drive should be possible to organize.

Cya, pyran

Pariz-One
2014-06-12, 19:27
Nice post Florian!

Now more people will know that they go i guess, and i think i'll stay only on saturday from the morning with you guys.

Then all of you know how annoying i really am :twisted: ÂÂ*hahahha :p

SkinnyG
2014-06-12, 21:50
I will be there,

Dont know when yet.

de-pizzabezorger
2014-06-12, 23:08
Would love to be there :(

but really short in money and cant buy myself a ticket in or the way to

JimDijkstra86NL
2014-06-13, 00:41
EDIT Updated: Thusday 13-August-2014 2:15

Staying in Hotel, Atending 2 days or Not/Attending
pyran (Hotel 2 - Room 1) - 1 night (Will come with public transportation) "Germany"
JimDijkstra86NL + 2* (Hotel 2 - Room 2) - Friday untill Monday 3 nights (Will come with public transportation) "Netherlands"
*[RTP]Claudio_aKa_Du0 (Hotel 3 - Room 1) Thursday late/Friday early in morning untill Monday 3 nights (Will come by plane and with public transportation)"Italy"
*[NnB]Fancydeath (Hotel 1 - Room 2) Friday untill Sunday (Will come with public transportation) "Belgium"
TheIncredible Friday + saturday, no hotel. (Will come with public transportation both days) "Germany"

Alien_Smith N/A (slight chance he will still show up)
Einhornpups N/A
0daro0 N/A
Pariz-One N/A
Skinny G N/A

One Day visit
Cavemen + Loo_Cypher Friday "Netherlands"
Vercetti + Error Friday "Netherlands"
Shadowfox Friday "Belgium"
MI-six + Basicly Friday "Netherlands"
macgyver1969 Friday "Netherlands"
DarkVoo Friday "Netherlands"

Found a hotel that has enough rooms available; (Everyone booked as far as i know, 3 to 4 (single) rooms left in hotel 1)
Hotel 1
http://www.booking.com/hotel/de/kolner-hof-dormagen.en-gb.html?aid=303947;label=kerpen-xSqE70MJW0jFYIryBcf1kQS22629374359%3Apl%3Ata%3Ap11 5%3Ap2%3Aac%3Aap1t1%3Aneg;sid=d23b6ca082726322c59a 3151a6424c04;dcid=1;checkin=2014-08-15;checkout=2014-08-18;dist=0;srfid=bc9352cbec81b0176f05177fa39a64901a a36805X1;type=total;ucfs=1

Hotel 2
http://www.expedia.nl/Cologne-Hotels-Hotel-Viktoria.h34815.Hotelinfo?hashTag=overview&rm1=a1&emlcid=ETM-ENSPC-issu2-testX-segmX-segaX-date20140811124106-vers01-link-paidX-dma-wave863723&

Hotel 3
http://www.booking.com/hotel/de/lindner-airport.en-gb.html?sid=196045653ea018bb07b1d221cae58644;dcid= 1;checkin=2014-08-15;checkout=2014-08-18;ucfs=1;srfid=bf9ee70e48451e114d4c021b4f2e0b120a 30db6eX1

Hi Foks 13-06-2014

Pariz-One...dont worry me too some days :twisted:
I will do everything i can to go this year...missed out too much already.
If i can phisically handle it i will be there right now i cant say i can make it.
My lungs are toast...20% of what it should be compared to an average joe...astma/C.O.P.D is messing me up.
Working on better health if that is sorted enough by then i will attend for sure. (depending on my healt and what other members will do i will attend none, 1, 2 maybe 3 days)
In case i will attend friday and saturday, i will be leaving sunday due to hangover/to tired to travel ;-) so 2 nights of hotel for me in that case.
Regarding the whole event i am thinking dinner on friday night and clubbing saterday night for those interested.
And can someone try to contact the same hotel as last year once over time when we now a minimal count of people attending.
(please edit/post what days you will be there and how regarding transportation)
So that way we might be able to reserve a couple of rooms with 2 beds so we can all spend the night at the same hotel.
And maybe even get a sweet deal if we book several rooms at once. (better soon then sorry, ofcourse as soon as we got a count of people attending and on what days)
(If needed i am willing to pay up to 30€ reservation fee for the room(s), I hope others will follow up on that so thats sorted out.
Vercetti can we use the OG bank account for reservation and room expences ect.?, or should a staff/trusted member thats attending cover that?
Folks keep in mind that hotels will be fully booked there in no time!
(Frank) Is there anything else we should keep in mind regarding last years hotel? (things like do they overbook rooms?)
And is there someone in the community that can try and arrange extra's/goodies for a couple bucks like last year that whould be awsome! (from what i heared this year 10+ will attend so far)
If i attend i will try my best to arrange a car to get there.(keep in mind for me it's still a maybe if i will be there)
Keep an eye on this post i will edit/update it over time with info regarding gamescom related info

De-Pizzabezorger....start delivering...on a bike if you have too, deliver those pizza's/newspapers game less and attend the event!
Most likely you can split the gas bill with someone thats attending me if i will be there....No BS... ;-D we will try to get you there ;-D, The more people the better.
I think that covers most of it for now.
BTW, i voted for both days since thats my target.

Greetings, like last year i hope te see a sh*tload of usefull/positive replies again..Jimmy ;-D

0daro0
2014-06-13, 01:04
aww , i wont go this year.

wont make it with free days of work.
maybe next year again !

Vercetti
2014-06-13, 14:32
Vercetti can we use the OG bank account for reservation and room expences ect.?, or should a staff/trusted member thats attending cover that?
I suggest you book it yourself, that's the easiest.

Folks keep in mind that hotels will be fully booked there in no time!
Probably already are ;-) Last year we booked in January/February

(Frank) Is there anything else we should keep in mind regarding last years hotel? (things like do they overbook rooms?)
Not really. But besides the hotel, contact Andreas Koch for access to the EA community lounge.

And is there someone in the community that can try and arrange extra's/goodies for a couple bucks like last year that whould be awsome! (from what i heared this year 10+ will attend so far)
10+ already? Good to hear. Well, we do have the webshop where you can order (personalised) goodies.

pyran
2014-06-13, 15:24
Most guys in here are adult and should be able to organize a room. ;-)
So just lets make a short list of the guys driving to gamescom:

Staying in Hotel
pyran + 1 (Room 1) - 1 or 2 nights
jimmydijkstra (Room 2) - 2 nights

One Day visit or not sure yet:
Skinny G
Pariz-One

So we just need to ask Andreas Koch and perhaps make some pass things with the name on it like last year... ;-)
yours, pyran

Pariz-One
2014-06-14, 11:26
idk if the hotel or something where you guys stay has also rooms for 1 o.O, nvr done something like that XD

so then i'll ask my parents or i'll just come 1 day.

or just: YOU WILL HEAR IT FROM ME XD

TheIncredible
2014-06-14, 12:27
Copy and paste!

Staying in Hotel

Skinny G
Pariz-One
TheIncredible

Vercetti
2014-06-14, 12:36
Check booking.com for that period.... there are almost no hotels left.

SkinnyG
2014-06-14, 14:53
Well, there are but with room prices of >100.- per night

pyran
2014-06-14, 15:44
We could book a bit outside of cologne.

SkinnyG
2014-06-14, 16:59
Will have to be like Bonn or something.

All in the direct area are either full or way too expensive

pyran
2014-06-19, 00:32
Staying in Hotel
SkinnyG ÂÂ*(Room ?) - 2 nights

Pariz-One
TheIncredible

error.exe
2014-06-19, 13:23
Can't come, no moneys.
You boys have fun and don't get as fucked up as your uncle Jim last year. ÂÂ*8)

SkinnyG
2014-06-19, 15:09
I arranged with my ex so she will take my son a day earlier.

This means I should be able to be there friday from around noon up to sunday!

Shadowfox
2014-06-19, 20:14
I won't be able to make it, it's bit too last notice.

I hope you guys have fun and definatly try to get into that Community Lounge of EA, was probably the closest we got to games that weekend :D

Caveman
2014-06-19, 20:56
I will try to go on Friday! And will arrange vip with andreas since i already got contact with him!

SkinnyG
2014-06-20, 00:48
As far as i am informed Jimmy has already arranged VIP to EA lounge.
He just needs names

Caveman
2014-06-20, 07:53
Well then mr jim should inform us in this topic!!! It's kinda late already and it is nice if names are collected and send to Andreas!!

Hersh
2014-06-21, 16:09
Have fun guys maybe some year i will fly over that pond and kick it with you all. ÂÂ*8)

Pariz-One
2014-06-23, 17:13
Pyran! I'm staying for 2 days! :P change my poll haha

but i wanna know what hotel and other stuff xD

JimDijkstra86NL
2014-06-25, 18:39
Hi Folks Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Â* Update's about Hotel/Transportation will be updated on my first post.

Indeed i got some update's my sinceer apoligy' s for that i am late...I had a rough and busy couple of weeks.
Also while gathering serveral details regarding Gamescom, Hotel, car rental...my system but most of all my browser crashed a couple times therefore a had to re-write the post 4 times after witch i eventually gave up and needed a brake.

Anyways indeed i had contact with Andreas Koch about Gamescom and the EA community lounge.
Yes we have been accepted access to the community lounge!
I can simply give him the names + date's of the members attending so he can list us all.

-=Info/details about members/people attending in a PM before 10th of july please=-
PS; I agreed that i would let Andreas Koch know before the 15th of july who would attend and when.

If you are attending what i need in a PM on the forum for the community lounge/Whatsapp/Hotel is:
1. Â*Date's (time's) you will/expect-to be there Arrivall/Departure.
2. Â*Real Names.
2. Â*Gaming Nicknames (in case of P4F your main soldiername/TS-forum name)
3. Â*An email address.
4. Â*For the ones that dont mind also a mobile phone number. (I took the liberty to create a whatsapp group for Gamescom)

Also since there where some issues regarding Booking hotels i did some research
At booking.com i found a hotel with 5 rooms for 10 adults for a grand total of: 807,50=161,,50 per room for 2 nights.
It is in Dormhagen 18.3KM from cologne...Booking.com hotel website page quote;

Situated only 50 metres from Dormagen’s pedestrian area, this 3-star hotel boasts excellent transport connections and easy access to the trade fair cities of Cologne and Düsseldorf.
The Hotel Kölner Hof offers cosy rooms in the immediate vicinity of the colourful shops and restaurants of Dormagen’s town centre.
The A57 motorway, railway station and airport are just a few minutes away. The sights and business opportunities of Cologne and Düsseldorf are within equally comfortable reach.
Free parking is available directly on the property.
I can book all rooms if all is right at no expence thats IF i have the details of everyone.

To me it seems like the perfect place to stay.....-=or Â*not what a fail little to cosy!!=-
Can someone look for a hotel?, i seem to keep failing....will keep looking tho.

Also i will be renting/hiring a car to get there IF i can find at least 2 people that need a ride.
The 4th or 5th seath will most likely be taken by a friend and neighbour of mine.
Also within lets say about 100KM from 's-Hertogenbosch/Den Bosch
The bill for the car will be devided by the number of people driving with me...me included, any extra km's from/to hotel/train/airport and gamescom the gasbill will be split by the ones driving along.
The expected bill grand total will be between 200 and 480 depending on the number of people driving along.
I counted on 3 to 5 people me included...dont mind to hire van for 7+ but then the average price p.p. would be higher.

Thats it for now/so far, Hoping i have informed you guys enough.
Again my apoligy's for the late post/update
Friendly Greetings, Jimmy ;-D

SkinnyG
2014-06-25, 21:32
Hey Jimmy,

Looking good!

Maybe you should contact that hotel directly for info.
My experience is that if you skip booking.com but book with the hotel itself, you can probably get a better rate.

For the rest:

Well arranged with Andreas!

Vercetti
2014-06-28, 13:39
Seems like the date my house will be finished is pushed back til the end of September........ considerations and negotiations at home are commencing :P

Pariz-One
2014-06-28, 16:52
i can stay 2 days, give jimdijkstra an pm with information about you and your number for the whatsapp group so we can take care of an hotel, and dont leave it at us but show your love for gamescom xD

JimDijkstra86NL
2014-06-28, 17:16
Yes...Yes...YES!!, we would love to have you there that would be awsome!!!

Guys really, If you are attending what I need in a PM on the forum for the community lounge/WhatsApp/Hotel is:
No offence but no details/PM means no EA community lounge.(I really need everyone's details!)
Why a PM?, so i dont lose it!..wanna make sure everyone gets inthere

I know i am pritty much "part of the OG furniture" here but I dont know you all that well that I got whats required.

1. Â*Date's and time's you will be there from arrival to Departure.(for possible time slots we might get)
2. Â*Real Names. (full name)
2. Â*Gaming Nicknames (in case of P4F your main soldier name/TS-forum name)
3. Â*An email address.
4. Â*For the ones that don't mind also a mobile phone number. (I took the liberty to create a WhatsApp group for Gamescom)
5. Let eachother know in a post what kind of transportation you will use as well."for travel buddy's"(I am still looking for someone to travel with, i will be renting a small car)

And keep looking for a hotel!
I keep failing all the way, the one I found is a hotel with 5 rooms each room one bed FAIL :roll: ...little too snug for my taste.
I will also keep looking for one so we can hopefully travel as a group.

I was also thinking same deal as last year?
Friday evening checking in @ hotel then Dinner, saturday wondering around @ gomescom and the evening clubbing?
If you will join it, let us know/post it.

Caveman
2014-06-29, 09:25
I am going on Friday, saterday is the day that you don't want to be @ gamescom.

So driving to gamescom on Friday and driving back on Friday evening!

Vercetti
2014-07-15, 10:30
I'm in on Friday, so is Error.exe.

Jimdijkstra, you got our details? Otherwise I'll sent it to Andreas, no probs.

Shadowfox
2014-07-16, 20:40
Checking if there's some of my friends interested in going, not feeling like making the drive on my own but can attend afterall.
I'll keep you posted Jim

darkvoo
2014-07-18, 18:38

This sexy guy is also going too the Gamescom this year, missed it last year :(
So "Good news everybody!" this year there is a possibility that you can drink a beer with me! (18+ only!)
Hoping on a fun day with the community will check if that Razer dude guy from the states is also going too the GC this year. If so there is a chance we can get VIP acces too the big Razer box (and the oppertunity for seeing boothbabes up close).

See ya at the GC on friday bitches! XoXo!

MI-six
2014-07-18, 18:44

This sexy guy is also going too the Gamescom this year, missed it last year :(
So "Good news everybody!" this year there is a possibility that you can drink a beer with me! (18+ only!)
Hoping on a fun day with the community will check if that Razer dude guy from the states is also going too the GC this year. If so there is a chance we can get VIP acces too the big Razer box (and the oppertunity for seeing boothbabes up close).

See ya at the GC on friday bitches! XoXo!

Nice to see you on GC 2014:D

Vercetti
2014-07-18, 21:37
I like, niceeeeeeeeeee

Vercetti
2014-07-20, 10:50
God its hot outside and inside. ...

TheIncredible
2014-07-20, 11:25
yeah...and it always was full and hot at the gamescom...and now with the weather :(

Vercetti
2014-07-20, 11:27
I meant right now :)

Caveman
2014-07-23, 09:36
Nice Voo, anyone already an idea what kind of new games will be shown?

darkvoo
2014-07-23, 10:37
Less is know at the moment for a lineup or something Caveman.
@Jim, do you still need the info for the lounge or did Frank already fixed it?

JimDijkstra86NL
2014-07-23, 14:26
Hi Folks

First of all...AWSOME that so many people will attend Gamescom 2014! (16 maybe 17 so far)
I was informed that the lineup cannot yet be revealed, at least last time i talked/chatted with the EA community manager a while ago.
Tho last year they released the lineup the week before gamescom if i am not mistaking.

The community lounge; Vercetti and i had contact with the community manager about this...
Everyone that signed up is on the list for the community lounge.
After my mail Vercetti resubmitted an updated list and as far as i can see everyone is on it.
Darkvoo you indeed aren't on the list yet noticed your PM to me and i will update the list and forward it to the community manager and Vercetti.

This is the list of people for the EA community lounge @ Gamescom 2014 so far;
Vercetti
Shadowfox
Error.exe
Caveman
MI-six + Basicly
L00_Cyph3r
macgyver1969
Alien_Smith
Pyran +1
Jimdijkstra86NL + 2*
FancyDeath*
Claudio_aka_Du0*
TheIncredible
-=OG=Einhornpups (will try her best to make it, tho not yet confirmed)
DarkVoo

Also thanks for the tip DarkVoo cuz yes people i forgot to ask for "In Case of Emergency"(ICE) names/numbers.
Please PM me and/or Vercetti a name and number for ICE so when shit hits the fan that can be covered.

Friendly Greetings, Jimmy ;-D
And see you all @ Gamescom 2014...BTW you can reconize me on site, i will be wearing the black OG t-shirt.

Vercetti
2014-07-23, 14:28
I already contacted andreas, it is up to date voo.

Alien_Smith
2014-07-23, 22:39
I won't be able to make it because of work. In the unlikely event the situation changes i will let you know. Have fun and make a video.

TheIncredible
2014-07-27, 22:20
if anyone knows anybody who wants to give away his/her ticket for saturday i would be happy to get it...else i will not be able to enter on saturday

MI-six
2014-07-27, 22:34
Lisa is having soms for saturday

JimDijkstra86NL
2014-07-28, 00:11
You can have pyrans +1 ticket she aint coming.

TheIncredible
2014-07-28, 06:59
oh that is great news! a lifesaver!
what about friday? do i have to buy it (will do so on thursday when my money arrives) or anyone also has a spare one?

Vercetti
2014-07-28, 07:48
Did Lisa already buy them? Is it a sure thing they are available?

JimDijkstra86NL
2014-07-28, 13:51
Good point, its not a sure thing yet tho saturn bought a sh*tload of tickets so i dont expect them to be sold out.

TheIncredible
2014-08-03, 13:37
i really need a feeback if i can have those gamescom tickets for friday and saturday or not...does anyone have the mobile numbers?

SkinnyG
2014-08-03, 14:50
I will ask lisa for you this afternoon. She is not going because of work and i believe she had 2 tickets for her and her brother. Not sure about which day(s), but i will let you know

SkinnyG
2014-08-03, 16:35
You got no luck christian!
She already sold them!

JimDijkstra86NL
2014-08-04, 11:27
Sry forgot you where not in the whatsapp group.
I have asked lisa if she could arrange tickets for saturday pitty enough she was not able to arrange the tickets for saturday.
They where sold out @ saturn in kiel.
Just maybe they are available at a local saturnstore if so buy 4 of them for us.
If you wont be able we will try to get tickets on site @ box office.
On site they will sell tickets for saturday afternoon.
There will most likely be a long waiting line there and they can only be used for 2 pm and later.
http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/en/gamescom/fuer_alle/eintrittskartenneu/index.php

TheIncredible
2014-08-04, 16:18
jim what did we arrange about the car? will you pick me up on friday morning or something? i think you never replyd via PM to me
and as i will not have tickets for both days i would like to borrow the tickets of someone over night for the trip from and to my home (free train ticket included)...and i will only come for the evenings

TheIncredible
2014-08-07, 14:07
i am sure it is already a topic in the whatsapp group...but i got an invitation for friday 2pm at the EA Battlefield Hardline community lounge.....together with all others at the same time?

anyone knows someone who wants my place?

JimDijkstra86NL
2014-08-07, 21:22
I am not able to rent a car and will be coming by public transportation.
Sry for the late reply...I thought i already replied to the pm sry sry sry!
Btw i think Claudio_aka_Du0 has the same time slot as you.

JimDijkstra86NL
2014-08-12, 16:31
Gamescom meetup: everyone try to be @ the community lounge 12:30 and/or 14:30 please.
See you all there.

Claudio_aka_Du0
2014-08-14, 09:42
EDIT Updated: Thusday 13-August-2014 2:15

*[RTP]Claudio_aKa_Du0 (Hotel 3 - Room 1) Thursday late/Friday early in morning untill Monday 3 nights (Will come by plane and with public transportation)"Italy"

Hello guys, thanks for have moved this post ;)

Anyway, there is a little mistake: as suggested, I booked the Kolner hof hotel (so, hotel 1)...
The "hotel 3" was an hotel I was suggesting..but, because everyone was going the the "Kolner hof", I booked it too.
I will arrive at the Dusseldorf airport at 12:55 (I hadn't find an earlier departure -.-")... so probably we will meet at the "ea community lounge" at 15:00 and even if my playslot was at 14:00 there would be no problem because I contacted Andreas Koch and he said that I can even join the lounge even if i'm late. (as I arrive, I'll let you know).
About the tickets: as some of you I only have the friday's and sunday's tickets... not so bad, saturday we can even visit cologne !!

About the nights programs: I totally agree with you jim :D

If you want add me on fb so that we will recognize each other easily as we meet there: I am Claudio Longo...

See you tomorrow !!!! :D

de-pizzabezorger
2014-08-14, 11:21
have fun there guys!

TheIncredible
2014-08-14, 14:13
please tell me more about the evening/night programm!

JimDijkstra86NL
2014-08-14, 14:37
Cristian is the number you send me in the pm your mobile?

Best regards Jimmy ;-D

When u ever got a question please ask!
If u ever need help /support look me up on TeamSpeak, i got too much time on my hands and really like too help out where ever i can. * ;-)

Reminder to the players that have a game for wich we have server(s) don't forget too hop on a empty OG server whenever you can to help fill them up, many thanks in advance. ;-)

TheIncredible
2014-08-14, 20:36
yes it is
but only a oldschool mobile...not a smartphone
so no whatsapp or anything

Claudio_aka_Du0
2014-08-20, 15:31
This is what I have found sunday late afternoon in front of the southern entrance of the gamecom...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwvdB58Wx8M

To be watched in full-hd XD