PDA

View Full Version : What to do with our servers ?

Hangover
2014-05-01, 20:30
So why do we pay for servers thats never used ? They have been empty for at long time now.

Hangover
2014-05-01, 20:52
Edward I suggest you do on server 2 to the lockers to 2 rounds of Conquest, 2 rounds of obliteration, two rounds of rush and two rounds of Metro Conquest. I played on a server with those settings and it´s almost full every day. Like the obliteration a lot in a good squad.

MI-six
2014-05-02, 00:18
Battlefield wise
Rotation is not a problem. It is the join system and the amount off players.
Personal i think to close 2 servers this will save a lot money.
But its not a problem to change rotation off the server and after that server stay's emty. 8)

Hangover
2014-05-02, 06:56
:D ÂÂ*I'm playing today...

MI-six
2014-05-02, 10:49
Rotation is set ÂÂ*:D

Hangover
2014-05-02, 18:40
Was there to start it up. We where a couple of guys. But it seems like our community dont play BF4 anymore. We had 10 players when i left. Good setting on the server. Will try it next time i can.

MI-six
2014-05-02, 23:48
Its not only that our members not playing.
There is so many time invest by members that on a point you must say it is done.
No severs no new members for battlefield 4 Dice and EA did a great job

Eindbaas
2014-05-03, 02:12
http://i.imgur.com/HA0U6xp.png
This picture says a lot I think.

There just are waaaaay to much servers so its really really hard to fill a server up.

I don't think the problem is the map/game mode rotation, but that we don't have enough people online during the day to start up the server.

(for example, I used to be able to help fill it up, but now I work fulltime I don't have time to game during the day anymore)

Shadowfox
2014-05-03, 04:00
Honestly this has been a problem since BF3.
Our members don't fill the servers (or at least most of them), and those that do aren't numerous enough to really get it going.

And I think the biggest problem is BF4 itself. I (and I assume a lot of other members) have stopped playing that game. The game has so much potential, but doesn't use it at it's fullest. Not only the netcode is a problem but the fact that you get killed by so much random explosion bullshit makes this game quite unpleasant for better-than-average players, which most of us are.

Anyway, if my GPU's wouldn't be kaput, I'd tell you to poke me so I can help fill (by idling) the servers, but they are so I'm sorry I can't help out. So yeah, maybe downsize the number of servers and try to get 1 filled up. Maybe some new recruits would be attracted then which would solve the problem I guess?

Hangover
2014-05-03, 08:20
You are right in what you write. Maybe it's better to just have one server up and running. Then we have only have one server to consern. I would like you to try this server that makes the lockers fun to play again. I know some of you already got this server as a favorite.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/pc/2df78059-4525-4430-a767-472dfa5a8c74/Jesus-Ranked-Server-The-one-and-only-Locker/

I think this rotation mixed with Metro would give us more variety.

MI-six
2014-05-03, 11:30
What also and maybe a big problem is ,autojoin system its not the same as bf3 and before that.
But i'm glad to see that a few guy's react on this post.
So its better for now to have 1 server, lets go from there.

Burning
2014-05-03, 11:38
I agree with what is said above, I think we don't have enough member interest to keep 3 servers running. People don't play as much or as often as they used to do in the past. And when they do they just hop on a server in a squad and play a bit.

With 1 server, and a good rotation, we be off much better in my opinion.

Just my 2 cents :)

Pubbe
2014-05-03, 12:08
I agree with everything you guys have said.

1 server is enough.

I've not been playing bf4 lately, ÂÂ*got very tired of that game.

Just waiting now for something better to come out. :P

MI-six
2014-05-03, 13:56
thnx guys for the input :D

Hangover
2014-05-03, 18:46
Let´s keep one server alive. I know you ALL just love the Lockers and the Metro as much as i do :-D
And i hope we have a agreement not to admin the server down to nothing. ;-)

And please take away that pistol only rule and let´s accept m320 and other weapons, who is there default when we start the game.
We have to many rules and people get kicked without knowing why. And we loose them forever. So open up the server and just get rid of the really bad players.

Hangover
2014-05-03, 19:27
Must say i just love you guys... 5 guys try to start up server 2 this evening and after a while it was 32 players. You are the best ! Sorry i can´t join you. I´m building a porch with conservatory.

Vercetti
2014-05-03, 22:34
If I had time.... I would be there ÂÂ*:cry:

Lets get some more input from the people, and decide how to continue (rotation) etc?

MI-six
2014-05-03, 23:37
Yes, lets try something new
I think now you over doing it hangover

I will put out the pistol rule this is not working.
But the rest is good

Hangover
2014-05-04, 07:48
Maybe Edward, but this will be my last effort with this game.

Gisse
2014-05-07, 10:03
On BF3 you could just idle on server and server would get filled in hour or two. IN BF4 no way. Like picture shows, to much servers on to few people.

We played in group of 10 OG on server actively and server still stay half empty after couple rounds.

No idea.

zladuric
2014-05-08, 01:55
Blame Dice.