PDA

View Full Version : OG Celebrating its 5th Birthday!

Vercetti
2014-04-27, 23:22
Hi all,

So it’s been 5 years already…… a long time since we started playing Battlefield Heroes. The first domain ‘Oldguys.nl’ got registered on 13 april 2009, after which the website got built and recruitment started 2 weeks later on 28 april 2009. As you all might know, we started as a Dutch-only clan and moved on to become an international community in 2010. I can tell you all about OG, however we already have a history page here (http://oldguys.eu/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=7), that’s why we won’t repeat everything here Â*8)

We’ve seen our fair share of games coming and going, tops and flops:

Top:
Battlefield Heroes
Bad Company 2
Battlefield Play4Free
Medal of Honor 2010
Battlefield 3

Mediocre:
Medal of Honor Warfighter

Flop:
Homefront
Call of Duty…..

And we also had some games we played in between, but are getting more and more adopted in the community, like DayZ, Payday (2) and of course Minecraft.

Besides that we of course also had our ups and downs through the years, people coming and going, and coming back again because the grass wasn’t greener on the other side. Some successfully started their own community, some failed in doing so. Overall we think we are maintaining fair relationships with our former members, we still believe that you should do whatever makes you happy!

But we grew in numbers and games over the years, we have built up a steady core of gamers, which are celebrating their many years anniversary:

Joined in 2010:
C4b4nossi (29 April)
NormanDlanding (22 September)
Janbo872 (6 November)

Joined in 2011:
MacGyver1969 (30 January)
Omnius (1 May)
RPGforYOU (4 May)
Cavenman (16 May)
Error.exe (27 May)
Silverfox83 (1 June)
Gisse (27 June)
Flugger (25 October)
Stihes (25 October)
Omega Weapon (25 October)
0daro0 (31 October)
Beerplz (2 December)

We’ve also had some nice meetings during the years:
* DICE (Sweden) in May 2011
* Gamescom (Cologne) in August 2011
* Paintball (near-Amsterdam) in July 2012
* Gamescom (Cologne) in August 2013
* Some other small meetings during the years organised by members

Overall I’m of the opinion that we had some great meetings, which we should do more often in different countries. Sadly I (Vercetti) won’t be able to organise anything this year due to having not enough time...... however maybe we can pull something off in November 2014 ……..

We also organised some nice events over the years:

* Road Rage (BFH)
* Play4Free Opening Cup
* Play4Free League
* Christmas cards (WILL RETURN IN 2014)

Lately we have been a bit more scattered across games, where for some Battlefield 4 was a big let-down and searched for some other game(s) to play. Overall we still get around 30+ consecutive members online (around 40+unique) daily, out of a total (didn’t update it the last 3 weeks) about 70 members. We still think that’s a great score, which we have been around for quite a while now.
In the past our ambitions were to grow-grow-grow, however maybe we’ve hit a limit where we all feel comfortable for the past 2 years.

Then: The new website! Last year we’ve purchased a license for vBulletin with the mobile suite, however we did not get around much to finalise it. We started actively with the layout, however due to lack of time with the plugins and such. Saying we will have it before the end of the year is optimistic, however we will try to get it ready by then.

My (Vercetti) situation won’t allow me the coming months to play or do much for OG unfortunately, except for making doing the back-end financial stuff, however we have the right people in place where all help out where needed.

We would like to thank you all for the happy memories we have and continue to grow some more!

Edward (MI-six) and Frank (Vercetti)

Force
2014-04-28, 00:05
Yay ^.^
Didn't know much about the OG history :)
Well...may We exist many years !

Darkness
2014-04-28, 00:31
Thanks for all the great time guys!

error.exe
2014-04-28, 02:32
I am old, but Caveman is older... and Janbo is grandpa ÂÂ*:lol:
Had some amazing times, some sad times and some very bad times here with The Old Guys....
but no matter what times.. I am happy & proud to be here.

Caveman
2014-04-28, 07:13
Congratulations!!! 5 years is quiet something and i enjoy being part of that! :wink: ÂÂ*:wink: ÂÂ*:wink:

bumbum
2014-04-28, 13:18
Happy Birthday OG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS4-JXB2yUU

0daro0
2014-04-28, 14:18
Nice! congratzz all!

Sadly i also dont have the time lately , so bussy on work and @ home.
but i hope to get more active indeed! and ofcourse BF4 is kinda disapointing.

and maybe we can get a small meeting again just for fun and we can drink and laugh.

See ya soon all! (talk :P)

MI-six
2014-04-28, 16:37
gratz All
Here some nice video's from the past
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfjgE_bHYBI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjjQTirRoCA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRJarCXNGoo

Delano1984
2014-04-28, 17:38
Congratz All ÂÂ*:twisted:

Pubbe
2014-04-28, 17:54
Wow!

I'm glad i ended up here.

i Have really enjoyed my time here, and i think i will enjoy the rest of it to! :)

SkinnyG
2014-04-28, 18:13
Happy Birthday OG!!!!!

and many years to come!!

macgyver1969
2014-04-28, 18:22
Congratz OG!

I'm still happy to be a part of this community. Hope to enjoy more funtime in the comming years. ÂÂ*:D

TheIncredible
2014-04-28, 22:01
congratulation!
even if i miss my name for the 2011 guys up there....

Burning
2014-04-28, 22:15
Congratulations OG, it has been 2 years for me, hope that we will soon find a collectively popular game again, something everybody loves and plays, like BF3 & BFBC2.

Pariz-One
2014-04-29, 19:13
Congratulations everybody with the 5th birthday of OG!!! :D

I really didn'tknow that much about that history of OG and that it started as an Dutch clan! P.S. so you see, dutch people RULE! XD

de-pizzabezorger
2014-04-29, 21:40
Congratulations OG!!

im almost celebrating my 1 year in OG (or say OGA)
and it was without any doupt a great year!

my compliments for the people who make this possible

and may manny great years come!

Grtz. From Pizza

PsychoEMT
2014-04-30, 03:50
Happy Birthday OG wewt

Omega_Weapon
2014-04-30, 07:23
I remember like yesterday when i joined here.Meeting all bunch of guys it was awesome.Too bad that game we played P4F is such a trash now.But best memories +my lvl 25 first in EU as OG achivement will remain in our memories of that once wonderful game.Since it's OG's 5th birthday i must say we getting really old now for sure :D.Cheers guys and congrats OG :).

Valheru73
2014-04-30, 09:53
Congratz OG! Amazing achievement to keep something good like this going for five years. I wish you all the best and hopefully you will be around for many more years!

//Valh

Ironside68
2014-04-30, 12:00
.. Congrats all, and great with the videos, MI-six, they are soo cool.. ÂÂ*:lol:

Jahooooo
2014-04-30, 16:27
Ive been playing on OG for well over a year now and its a pleasure to be a part of such a strong community

congrats to all!

Macknetic
2014-04-30, 23:50
Nice going OG!

Congratulations. It was good to be part of it for a while. Keep it up!

Mack

Stone
2014-05-01, 00:00
congrats guys!

bountyhunter
2014-05-01, 16:47
Also gratz from me ! I know i am new in the com . But i play on OG server (p4f) since they start . Hade a good times , spec. thanks to OG bebe !

Sorry 4 my english , working on it !

greatings , bounty

Hangover
2014-05-01, 20:20
I myself celebrating 26 years as a computer player. So happy 5 year birthday OG :wink:

Opie
2014-05-10, 17:18
Wow, I have no idea how I didn't see this thread. /brainfart.

Anyways, congratulations to OG, to all of it's members and the people who made it all happen in the first place.
It's always nice to see a community survive, thrive, and grow! ;)

*In time I hope to be able to help out, especially with webside, graphics department.
-Should you need any help with the new website. Just holla.

-Opie

NormanDLanding
2014-06-29, 11:20
Congratulations everybody, I'll drink to that, Cheers!!

Tabernac
2014-06-29, 12:02
Congrats OG!!! Good times and may you go on for another 5 years!