PDA

View Full Version : your mod " aDudefromDenmark " abused mod rights

medic4free
2014-03-21, 12:06
Server : OG3
Time : around 11:40 CET (21-03-2014)

I was in character HPV-16, flying jets. At first, i was in his team, some of our teammates bombed RU base A LOT, others guys complained, he did not respond. Other guys started swearing, he kicked them for " insult ".

After that, i was moved to enemy team. I did not attack RU base until i felt so annoying by AA gun from there, and decided to kill whoever there. It was him. IMMEDIATELY i got kicked for baseraping without even warning.

I checked the rules in official thread of OG servers . It said " no extensive spawn killing " , not " NO SPAWN KILLING ".

Just want to inform you about that ÂÂ*:P

SkinnyG
2014-03-21, 13:44
Thank you for taking the effort to bring it up here.

Your remark about the rules mentioned in the server thread on the P4F forum makes me realise that one rule is missing in post #1, the "no base rape" rule, for which we kick without warning because of the high number of times players baserape (especially on Oman with jets).
I will put that into that post immediately.

It is however mentioned in post #3, art3 of that same thread.

I do of course not know the exact circumstances at the time of the incident since I was not online at that specific time, so I can't determine if the kick was according to our rules or not.
Therefore I will get in contact with the relevant mod and get his side of that moment.

What I could imagine is that it is very difficult for a mod to determine base rape when players are in his team. Jets flying don't show the name tags a lot and if they are in the same team, the mod also does not have any kill cams he can determine the player name from and base a decision on.
I know this from experience, seeing team mates gather up on A flag on my minimap and showing signs of extensive spawnkilling. Trying to get there so I could read their tags, I would quite often get killed before reaching the point where I could determine IF they were spawnkilling and if so, what their soldier names are.

I will talk to aDudefromDenmark as soon as I can catch him and post back here.

Regards, SkinnyG