PDA

View Full Version : Oman + Boosters Woes?

Taylor-Nova
2014-03-07, 13:03
Greetings, the old timer from Terra Nova is back, I came back, because I got hooked on battlefield1943 on PS3 which has been hugely rewarding in taking the game by its neck, and trying to stay alive more than 30 seconds sometimes, because of daft way they re spawn you. I became a proficient sniper and demolition expert, gaining numerous awards including AA gun special status.

But of course, it has no actual text window, so your second guessing and using your own loaf, on how best to help your comrades either Jap or US.

Which leads me to テつ*Oman =OG= here:

Last night I felt there was really something quite wrong somewhere. テつ*I did about 12-14 rounds last night, and each time, the stats were, like テつ*Blues 100 against the orange winners of 1000.

Now I may not be elite, but its not as if I am untried, now being half way along lvl 24 now. テつ*With tank, RPG, and anti tank mining normally being my speciality. テつ*last night, was like trying to hit anybody through a brick wall. テつ*Now since a year or more ago, I gave up most boosters, as lots of people complained, テつ*even to me as the admin of that id3 server I financed a long time ago, that using boosters, especially RPG ones was lame.

So I decided to play fair and ditch the boosters, albiet, テつ*I still use the "Body Armour" one, and the "tank armour" one.
But last nights games, were very frustrating, in as much , I emptied a whole mp7 into a hiding enemy on beach Flag, fitted with hi capacity mags & Predator barrel. The result was nothing, it just bounced of him, テつ*not doing any damage at all, he got up, fired one round from his gun, and down I went. テつ* :( テつ* Tank driving was similarly useless, even with increased armour, with max hp on the tank One guy with just one RPG shot was able to take me out. :?: テつ* テつ* I wouldnt say the blue team, テつ*was lazy or not working hard enough either, the feeling from many, is that a few of these players in the orange teams seem to getting a distinct advantage over us, in テつ*a way I do not know. テつ*The end game stats didnt add up either, I came 5 out of 14, with barely a score of 5/3. テつ*But orange team members, were getting regular 20/3 or even テつ*25/1 scores. テつ*Either each one had every booster going, or something else was going on. テつ*One =OG= member, cant remember his name , ended with Fr at the end, not sure he was mod, but think he found it frustrating and difficult to maintain or seek out anybody using illegal equipment, I got shot both in karkand and Oman with Shotguns , still regularly, when I thought they were outlawed by the group? テつ*Allowed use of boosters, greatly affects and gives unfair advantages to to those who can afford/not them. Which is why I like 1943 on PS3 because everybody uses there own gifts, with the weapons thats standard to all, and thats where you learn your real skills from. テつ*So where does =OG= stand with some players using maxed out boosters, to the likes of me, who is trying to win battles with out them, on a level playing field. テつ*I felt sorry for the only =OG= member in Oman, trying to keep the peace on his own. テつ* I notice a lot of members are playing BF4 which is impossible for me due to my PC processor テつ*status. This seem to take admins or mods away from BF4F maps, which needs more intervention, like we had a few years ago. テつ* Now I am willing to support another vehicle Map , like I did before, including, テつ*Oman, karkand, Mushturr, Dragon and Dalian, rotates, テつ*which was always one of my fave maps. テつ* But before launching into that, as I have more disposable income than I used to have, due to early retirement, I would like to know, if its possible, if you support, finance an =OG= server yourself, are you able to determine as the admin of said server what boosts is legal, like credit boots xp boosts i have no problem with, just the physical impact ones. テつ*Also, is there any new tools that one can use to identify illegal aimbots etc etc. テつ*I see many people pointing fingers at differant people, but what basis or evidence do they have that a shield or aimbot is actually being used. テつ* I still find BFP4F a blast to play, but unnerved by stats and game play that seems to be completely unbalanced in may ways. If some one wants to drop me a line to my Email on record, テつ*about enabling the old vehicle map I used to sponsor, Im open to suggestions, and discuss payment terms and RPG can still hold the accounts coding data, as long as I get full control of rotation, (in consultations of course) and a way of clamping down on boosters and other stuff, so new people who are not level 24 have some fun, instead of being annihilated. :roll: テつ* テつ*I have always had the well being of our players in mind when making calls, and also =0G= reputation is important to maintain, and I certainly wouldn't take abuse to an =OG= mod from another player as I saw a few weeks ago, instant ban for a week, in my book for actually swearing and name calling an official =0G= officer!

Hope to here some constructive comments or other players concerned with the above:

Thanks for reading テつ*:D

Mike テつ*TN

Veviistyle
2014-03-07, 14:42
Well well this was a long morning paper needed 2 cups of coffee for reading this post ;)

First of all Booster never were a unfair advantage since everyone can aqire one with real currency or ingame currency, テつ*so its fair
It would be unfair if some had it avalabile and some not. Even tho there are people out ther who are mega boosted but not so many. Also booster give them a small advantage but not a unfair advantage for Example: we go 1v1, I have body armor and you dont and because of that i win. Its the same if u would go fight me with a pistol when im running with a LMG, You have an option to pick the one or the other. So nothing unfair here ;)
(Also booster controling is impossible, because its not registered as equipment PS i recognize booster by feeling ;) and skill can overpower any booster )

Sponsoring servers in P4F is welcome, but currently we have 2 servers that are sponsored by free will OG6 MYANMAR 24/7 テつ*and OG7 MASHTUUR 24/7... Also servers are set up acording to OG general rules. P4F Staff members vote on a balanced
setup of rules in a way that we dont exclude too much of weapons actions etc. You know more rules means more monitoring and tracing what was wrong and what not done/used. テつ*(Ok u can select a map and a speciality of that server) But you are sponsoring the server not owning it...You know more rules means more monitoring and tracing what was wrong and what not done/used.

This was just a quick picture how it goes.. But i would request you could join Teamspek so we can consult about this with other Staff members
Regards

Hersh
2014-03-07, 15:09
I think boosters are not a problem at all, i mean you can get them with credits so they are free and if your good enough to play without them, good for you. I know a few guys who don't use them and their tough players too, i on the other hand want my boosters and need them, lol.

I mean whats the difference in body armor and and boosters, i think body armor is way more effective then any booster you can get with credits. I think if your good enough to play without them good for you, but if ya feel like you cant compete or just need them, use em. I really don't care what anyone says about any boosters i use that is available to everyone, i mean its the body armor you need to pay for not the boosters.

SkinnyG
2014-03-07, 15:10
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your for your very thorough thoughts.

I see Vevii has already given some answers to you post.

Since you address so many topics I think it would be wise to use Vevii's suggestion and talk through the whole of your remarks and ideas on Teamspeak.

That would be a lot easier than trying to give a conclusive answer to all subjects you mentioned, and it would most likely decrease the chance of misunderstandings!

FYI, I am the new RPG in terms of Game leadership, so please find me on TS. I am on almost any evening from around 20.00 CET to 23.00 CET.

Taylor-Nova
2014-03-07, 19:48
Oh! yes I forgot to add, you need at least 2 coffees and a muffin, to read my posts. Sorry, comes from my writing stories days, trying to make a living by being a freelance writer of factual or anecdotes to be printed in magazines.

Well of course boosters have always been a pain for a very long time, going back to my time, when me and another mod went into テつ*Basra And Shaqui to break up a war involving two dick heads firing off boosted mortars, テつ*at each other that were killing just about anybody on the map テつ*:evil:

I notice some changes:

has the level cap gone up? テつ*last time I played for any length of time. lvl 25 was the highest.
I notice that テつ*the "No shotguns" text on map info has gone. It used to say, no Spats? was it?, now it just says no C4 on vehicles blah blah? テつ*So can i use my Spas i paid for 3 years ago, but I テつ*never got to use?

I agree body armour is a must, most boosters just allow you carry more shells, テつ*a lot of stuff has been nerfed over the years, it was just the fact of last nights brick wall problems even trying to hit an enemy with anything made me bring this up. As for another server, if you catered for, and there still isn't a sea map, that I supported along with the guy who outlined a Sea map to EA games a long time ago to make, wont materialise, then I wont go any futher into that direction. テつ*But if time comes you want another vehicle map, you only have to ask. テつ*Ok テつ*Im going to log in now, テつ*I will be in guest on teamspeak, i havent been able to talk to anyone today to get perms to enter P4F maps. テつ*i will have to text until テつ*Monday, when i get myself a brand new usb headset from Amazon, the plug in round the back of the computer for me would be really hard for me to put in as arthtitic hip prevents me from lifting or trying to bend or crouch down, so this one is handy , as i have a powered USB hub , stuck on top of computer, which drives my pirrex mouse and COD keyboard. heres a link , it looks just right for me? テつ* http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stereo-skype-headsets-Headset-Headphone/dp/B003ZV0UY2/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1394221297&sr=8-10&keywords=gaming+head+set テつ* テつ* Hope to see and text with you in a while. テつ* Regards TN

SkinnyG
2014-03-08, 09:34
Hi Mike,

Nice playing with you last night.

As already mentioned in TS last night, the level cap has gone up to 30.

As far as the rules per server are concerned, we rely on the /rules command to give people all the relevant rules on that particular server.

I still have to revise the banners to show people to use the /rules command. Only the most important ones are mentioned in the loading screen banner. A complete list of all rules will just not fit on the banner.

Can you do me a favor for administration sake and just quickly fill out the application form. Dont fuss too much about why we should accept you ;-)
We use the application form to track all relevant staff work (like making you orange on the forum, giving you moderator rights on the servers and so on.
Direct link to the application form: http://oldguys.eu/modules.php?name=Member_Application&appno=4

Thanks!

Taylor-Nova
2014-03-08, 12:06
Hi Skinny, sent in the form requested, will be online later, I have my own page on facebook where I admin a Virtual Airline called テつ*"British Holiday Airways", in conjunction with The "Airline manager" Sim, within face book. Also in a guild in テつ*large alliance within Goodgame Empires castle / combat game. テつ*Troops need a lot of feeding,! and often busy helping others with resources. So, you will usually find me on here later after middays and evenings:)

Busy Bee is me :lol:

Thanks for the support, last few days :D

regards TN