PDA

View Full Version : Hello

error.exe
2014-02-06, 00:28
I started playing this game a few days ago. When the other OG's played it I always told myself that these type of sci-fi shooters werent for me. But I have to take that statement back. Its extremely awesome. Its pretty similar to the Battlefield series, with engi's and assaults. But everything is just a tad more extreme.

So for people a bit bored with battlefield or whatever other game they currently play, you can check out Planetside again. Im not going to promote it or whatever, just informing people in OG im on that game for a while. In the end, we are a gaming community where these things are possible.

If you deside to check it out, start over or just join me, please do so following the way I went.

Server: EU Cobalt
Faction: Terran Republic

I am not going to start on a new server nor am I going to swap to a different faction. I only started a few days ago so I am still very low in level. So if other OG's dont want to start over, than that will be their choice. *:wink: *If you have questions or problems, just shoot me a message on these forums and ill set u up.

Vercetti
2014-02-06, 06:57
Noooooo, don't play Terran! Everyone is playing NC!

error.exe
2014-02-06, 12:43
whats the challenge in playing NC.. everyone is playing NC. Servers are extremely unbalanced with a overload of NC players. I choose Terran because they are outnumbered on the Ceres server. NC and VS are zerging their way trough Alerts and I guess the role of underdog just fits me better. ÂÂ*8)

Just out of curiosity, what level were you guys when you stopped playing?

Vercetti
2014-02-06, 12:49
No idea, would have to check somewhere.

Hangover
2014-02-06, 22:49
Let´s start to play that game again Frank. It´s a nice game

Shadowfox
2014-02-06, 23:41
It is a nice game, but I feel completely useless. I don't have the feeling I'm contributing to the 'win' ...

Vercetti
2014-02-07, 10:17
You aren't useless, we need to work as a team.
Btw Jim, when I was playing, everyone one playing either as a 'Spandex Motherfucker' (copyright Burning) or Terran. Therefore we played NC. Also refer to this topic:
http://oldguys.eu/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6134

error.exe
2014-02-16, 23:45
Yea Frank, the NC are currently insanely overpopulating servers. Thus making it more easy for them to steamroll other factions. Well, you've been playing TR for a lil while now on Ceres, as you can see even tho we are less in numbers we are very well organized.

The Outfit Frank and myself are in is called TTRO. Holds 1200+ TR members on the Ceres server making it the biggest Outfit of TR on that server. In two weeks, on Friday the 28th, 200 members will move out all together, in 4 organized platoons of 48 players each. If -=OG=- Members are interested in joining this massive event on Friday the 28th, make a post here and ill get you in.

Burning
2014-02-16, 23:48
I still play PS2 regularly as NC on the Woodman EU server. Population might seem unbalanced but numbers aren't everything, NC on woodman have a rough time vs those spandex fuckers ;)

I think I have a TR soldier on Ceres, I'll jump in the action with you all.

Vercetti
2014-02-17, 10:18
Played last night TR on Ceres, was pretty awesome :)

MinimalMayhem
2014-02-17, 11:29
Will try and make it on. I had a quick go and have to say I'm completely lost. Given how often BF4 crashes on me, looks like I might be playing this a bit more often!

error.exe
2014-02-17, 16:30
My nickname is: Nr5501
Once you are ingame click "M", Select the Social tab in the bottom, and then you can add friends.

Vercetti
2014-02-17, 23:28
Hey Jas,

Yeh, it is overwelming, but we can nicely help you out. You will find your way around pretty quick with good guidance.

Hangover
2014-02-18, 08:02
Downloading the game and logging in as NC on the Woodman EU server

schietschijfje
2014-02-18, 10:58
I haven't played this game for a while, but it was fun when we were playing together.
So which server and faction should I join?

error.exe
2014-02-18, 12:01
I haven't played this game for a while, but it was fun when we were playing together.
So which server and faction should I join?

Well thats up to you mate.

Several OG have played NC in the past, on the Woodman server. And some of them still do.
Like Frankie just wrote.

I decided to play on Ceres server as Terran, and Frank and MinimalMayhem joined me a few days ago.
We are in a large Outfit there that is actually active.

Like I wrote in my original post, I like it on Ceres as Terran and I don't plan on jumping to NC or whatever. But each person can decide for himself right? ÂÂ*:D

Burning
2014-02-18, 12:56
We had a OG outfit on Woodman EU , NC faction. Thats where everybody was playing a year ago, thats where I still play regularly. But it seems we play TR on Ceres now?

You can make multiple characters, so i'd recommend making TR(red guys) on Ceres and NC(Blue guys) on Woodman EU

schietschijfje
2014-02-18, 15:07
I still have the NC character on the woodman server , but will make a new TR character for the ceres server.

Vercetti
2014-02-18, 15:47
Frankie, come to Ceres as TR!
Nobody basically played it anymore, it's also nice a change, they got some nice weapons.
I can't figure out however where the TV guided rocket went to for the heavy (or is it NC only?)

Burning
2014-02-18, 15:52
Frankie, come to Ceres as TR!
Nobody basically played it anymore, it's also nice a change, they got some nice weapons.
I can't figure out however where the TV guided rocket went to for the heavy (or is it NC only?)

the Phoenix (TV Guided Rocket) is NC faction specific yes.
The tr have the Striker in it's place. Which is the lock-on magazine fed launcher.

Infiltrator update will go live soon too, which will bring some empire specific sniper-rifles.

error.exe
2014-02-18, 17:06
And soon the drone ÂÂ*8)

Hangover
2014-02-19, 10:29
Played two hours today. Still like the game. I will keep playing NC on woodman

Vercetti
2014-02-19, 20:19
Then it's playing on either server, whoever is online at that time :)

Hangover
2014-02-19, 21:41
Good idea, i ranked up today, and i dont wanna loose my weapons and addons. It's still Ã* great game.

schietschijfje
2014-08-13, 10:58
The Ceres server was merged with the Cobalt server and
Woodman with Miller