PDA

View Full Version : "Taxiing" kick and ban

bezvolos
2014-01-28, 19:22
- Your player name : bezvolos
- Name of mod/admin : can't remember
- Explaining the complaint! : Apparently it's not allowed to drive up to a jet in a car. I got kicked after lifting off without any warning, and our team lost a jet. How do I get to figure out what "taxiing" means? In real world it means driving a plane on the runway. Later I rejoined, looked up the rules, and asked the mod to clarify. And got kicked again for complaining. I rejoined and received threats of ban from some user without an [OG] tag, and got banned.
- Time and date of incident : Just over ten minutes ago
- Server of incident BFP4F: OMAN

I think that the rules section needs some clarification work. I've been playing on this server for a year and never been kicked for anything.

SkinnyG
2014-01-28, 20:45
Hi,

For your info: you are not banned. You got kicked a few times.

If you have played already for a year on this server I guess you will have noticed people getting kicked for taxiing :wink: .
We have strict rules on taxiing and indeed kick for it without warning.

Our meaning on taxiing is that you take a vehicle to get somewhere and just discard/leave it when you get to your destination, like you would do in a taxi.

Using a jet to fly from RU base Oman to A flag and then parachute out means a jet is lost to your team.
We call that a waste of assets.

Using a car to get to the jet means that other players can't use that car to get to a flag quickly, which in the beginning of a round is very important.

Just make sure you follow that and we are happy to have you on our server.

Because of your advise to give more clarification, I added a little text to the /rules to cover the car to jet.
Thanks for that!

Cya on the Battlefield!