PDA

View Full Version : A fresh start for the OG minecraft server

schietschijfje
2014-01-18, 20:59
There are hundreds of mods available for Minecraft. Some add minor stuff to the vanilla game, other mods create a whole new experience which can barely be compared to the vanilla version.

The current world on the OG server is already running some mods like buildcraft and railcraft.
Adding new mods is not always possible because they alter the biomes or/and new blocks. That means that to find the new resources you 'd have to travel long distances to discover fresh undiscovered chunks. Other mods like furniture craft only add new recipes and can be added without any problems.

I would like to suggest a fresh start/new world seed so that we can add new mods to spice it up a little.
Add your list of mods you would like to see added to the new world so that we can try them out.
After trying them out we can evaluate and make a decision on which mods to add.

schietschijfje
2014-01-18, 21:10
My selection was made with the intention of adding some more nature stuff to our minecraft server without being overwhelming

My list of recommended mods

- Natura (extra trees, bushes, flowers, more types wood)
- Extra Biomes (more diverse biomes)
- forestry (auto farming, beekeeping, bio fuel, tin/copper ore)
- railcraft (more rails)
- buildcraft (automation)
- backpack (tool mod)

I will post a video later of my minecraft world with the mentioned mods

error.exe
2014-01-18, 21:52
I did decide to vote, even tho I don't rly play anymore.
Restarting a sever with more things to do is always a good thng in my eyes.
Expand! :)

Caveman
2014-01-18, 21:59
NO way just spent a shitload of time setting up this world and building shit. Felt a bit strange cause the other world just got abandoned.
Starting up all over again is an absolute nogo for me.

We started with this server with the 2 mods on there and if you wanna ad mods discus it.
There is a skybridge that can bring you 10/20.000 blocks away to bring you new biomes. That is what minecraft is all about.
So put your trainstation/system to work and make the pussies that play easycraft quit ftb. So we can have some proper fun.

Edit: also i want only mods that are properly maintainted. So when ever minecraft got updated we can updated pretty quickly. Cause minecraft is being completly rewritten and works way better.

Omulet
2014-01-18, 23:19
i want mystcraft mod- makes use of traveling to new dimensions and finding random worlds there,easy to use
Â* Â* Â* Â* bibliocraft mod and the forestry edition(same stuff but adds recipes for the other types of wood)- adds a number of blocks used to display items, such as Shelves and Bookcases. Most of these blocks allow quick and easy access to the items displayed on them, making them an excellent way to keep oft-used items near to hand while simultaneously freeing up storage space for things that are not needed as often.
Aether mod also is very interesting with the new portal and the floating islands,with new random boss fights that we might find
its gonna make minecraft allot more fun

And so with this mod we wont need a restart,since i can go to different worlds,making resources will be easy and fun adventuring, plus the chunks behind the server spawn point haven't been discovered yet,so we can still find things that are fairly close to the village

schietschijfje
2014-01-19, 11:04
This morning Caveman, Omulet and I tested extra mods with the current world. We went back to the original spawnpoint and travelled into the other direction which was still undiscovered. After appr. 800-1000 blocks we reached a new biome with all the new trees, bushes and flowers. In the npc vilage we found 2 appiaries (hive to keep bees) and some wild hives.
Omulet found the new ores (copper and tin) in the vicinity, which are added by and required for Forestry.
Caveman has also tested the Sphax texturepack for the added mods and most blocks are supported.

Apparently we can have best of both worlds; Â*keep the current world and add the mods to enhance our gameplay.

If anyone has any suggestions for mods post them here, so we can test them.

de-pizzabezorger
2014-01-20, 17:22
i say yes to more mods ;)

i like the industrial mod and the heli mod but that is more to make a BF minecraft ;)

Shadowfox
2014-01-20, 17:31
I wanted to suggest the complete opposite ...

I love to play Minecraft, Vanilla that is. But Singleplayer is boring as hell so I don't play it at all, just watch a ton of youtube about minecraft. Now, isn't it possible to have a vanilla server next to the mod-server? I know for a short period we had one and I played it but then it disappeared.

If anyone would be able to set this up, I'd love it and play on it weekly again (and I would finally have a game to play with the gf). I'll setup a spawn town and what not for whenever someone else wants to join in :)

<3

Vercetti
2014-01-20, 18:03
That's easy to setup.
But vanilla-vanilla, that's it? No special commands etc.

Caveman
2014-01-20, 19:54
No way there will be much more mods, like i said before our mod server is agreed on to be as close as possible to vanilla. So no teleporting flying god knows what else you want. That is the idea behind minecraft. :idea: Â*:idea: Â*We still have tons of unfinished projects and bees and amazing trees so plenty of stuff to do. :lol:

And like i said not well maintained mods will never make it. When forge goes stable for 1.7.2 i want our server to be 1.7.2 because it performs way better and will have a bunch of new things as well. :!:

Shadowfox
2014-01-20, 20:36
That's easy to setup.
But vanilla-vanilla, that's it? No special commands etc.
Nope, Vanilla-Vanilla with Snapshots :) (not immediatly updated though, to avoid problems)

error.exe
2014-01-20, 21:35
I wanted to suggest the complete opposite ...

I love to play Minecraft, Vanilla that is. But Singleplayer is boring as hell so I don't play it at all, just watch a ton of youtube about minecraft. Now, isn't it possible to have a vanilla server next to the mod-server? I know for a short period we had one and I played it but then it disappeared.

If anyone would be able to set this up, I'd love it and play on it weekly again (and I would finally have a game to play with the gf). I'll setup a spawn town and what not for whenever someone else wants to join in :)

<3

This sounds amazing.
Ill be on again then too.

schietschijfje
2014-01-21, 11:41
So far the following mods were added to the server:

- Buildcraft
- Railcraft
- Furniturecraft
- Backpack mod
- Natura
- Extra biomes
- Forestry
- Extra bees/trees

Omulet
2014-01-21, 21:20
if you want to play vanilla you can do that in lan also

schietschijfje
2014-01-23, 09:16
I would like to suggest the Twilight Forest Mod

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/561673-164-the-twilight-forest-v1203-haunting-of-the-knight-phantoms/

This mod will not add any blocks to our world. You can create a portal to another dimsension. This dimension is a biome knwon as the twilight forest. There you will find huge trees like the redwood, animals (wild boar, deer and birds).
For the adventurous type there are dungeons and castles and end bosses to deal with.

icuidid
2014-01-23, 14:48
yes twilight.......whats the possibility of a power suit.?

de-pizzabezorger
2014-01-23, 18:41
at least it sounds like fun and raging :)

Caveman
2014-01-24, 20:15
nope

Caveman
2014-01-26, 08:31
New minecraft server online.

After to much trouble trying to fix the other server and the insanly high ping of 2500 or higher we have there i decided to get a proper one @ Fragnet.
You can visit the server here : 185.16.84.33:25865

Edit: i created a new sphax bdcraft package. It contains all mods we run @ the server also twilight is now fully covered!!

Download: https://db.tt/sSwiOqXv or download it from the minecraft channel filebrowser!

Put this file in your resourcepacks folder!

schietschijfje
2014-01-26, 13:10
New minecraft server online.

After to much trouble trying to fix the other server and the insanly high ping we have there i decided to get on proper one @ Fragnet.
You can visit the server here : 185.16.84.33:25865

Edit: i created a new sphax bdcraft package. It contains all mods we run @ the server also twilight is now fully covered!!

Download: https://db.tt/sSwiOqXv or the minecraft channel filebrowser!

Put this file in your resourcepacks folder!

Finally a lag free server, thanks a lot ÂÂ*:D

Shadowfox
2014-01-28, 08:17
Any news on a fresh Vanilla server?

Shadowfox
2014-02-01, 14:00
The girlfriend has been asking about the Vanilla server, so I'll bump it :)
Any news guys? :D

Vercetti
2014-02-01, 23:21
I probably get my PC up tomorrow again. I;ll look into converting the old one into a vanilla asap then ok?

Shadowfox
2014-02-02, 11:33
What exactly do you mean with "converting the old one"? I'd prefer a new map, because of the new blocks in the snapshots.

Caveman
2014-02-02, 12:04
If help is necessary please let me know. We now have a fucked up world due to not properly setting up the server the first time!

Fragnet guys found a ton of mismatches in the world and only solution is a new generated world. So the vps server was proberly never the issue.

Btw good luck with the move m8!!! Hope everything goes smooth!

icuidid
2014-02-02, 13:55
ok a new server for the win i guess
at least now we wont have much trouble find all the new ores and stuff

Vercetti
2014-02-02, 20:32
Nicolaï, I meant the same details as the old server, but a new world ÂÂ*:)

I won't make it tonight though, it will probably happen tomorrow.

Shadowfox
2014-02-02, 22:25
So we will have 2 fresh servers? Or are you all taking a break from the modded server and joining us on the Vanilla?
In the second case, I think it's important we discuss some stuff before we all start doing what we want.

For instance, Spawn Chuncks, use them as 'spawn town' or use it for farms (iron foundry and such).
Also finding fortress/fighting dragon/fighting first wither and such should be done as a group in my opinion.

Caveman
2014-02-02, 23:00
No we have a new modded server with a fresh world. Where most of the guys are playing. You just try to find bugged horsies we have bees and butterflies. :lol: All the buildcraft stuff is banned to the deep underground.
We have so many new trees and biomes that we are to busy discovering how many we can breed.

Vercetti
2014-02-03, 14:59
So I can stay underground for the rest of my life and mine the crap out of it?
Pleaaaasssseeeeeeeeeee

de-pizzabezorger
2014-02-03, 20:38
if i read it good you are going to make a new world on the OG server?

+1!

Caveman
2014-02-03, 21:07
Yes Mr Vercetti you are not allowed to be on the upper world :lol:

Vercetti
2014-02-04, 11:27
Hells yeah.
Every day I'm quarrying....... and fetching oil.

Shadowfox
2014-02-07, 18:40
Any news about the Vanilla server? :)

Caveman
2014-03-04, 20:47
Server ip changed!! The server crashed a bit to Â*much and this afternoon it completly crashed.
So everything got moved to a brand new machine!

New ip: 185.16.84.200:25865

Edit: extrabiomes updated to 3.15.6

In case you have id mismatch problems take the extrabiomes.cfg file from the filebrowser and place in in you minecraft/config folder! and delete the old one!

Force
2014-03-05, 14:23
Would be Nice if i could play with my shadersmod on.