PDA

View Full Version : BF4 event Sunday the 1st of December, 8:30 pm CET

Vercetti
2013-11-27, 23:20
cptblobs from Shox (www.team-aftershocks.com) is hosting ea little event for clans:

Where: The event will happen on Shox' #2 public server, and the server itself will be left open for random entries to fill out the teams during the event.

A commander will be assigned to each team. Squad leaders will be assigned to each commander. Players will be assigned to each squad leader.
-> Squads will sit in private TS channels and separate comms channels will be established between the commander and each squad leader.
-> Squads will be setup by function e.g. Armour, Air, Sea, Inf (anti-tank, assault or hybrid). --> Squads may also be limited to 4 ShoX members, and random public players will be invited to join those squads and get involved.

I will post the server details later. Who is up for some organized 64 player warfare?

error.exe
2013-11-27, 23:48
8) ÂÂ*Hell Yeah!

99-Cone
2013-11-28, 15:06
Me too....

FoxMulder
2013-11-28, 18:55
No can do. I've got to go to a meeting

To bad, sounded like fun

PsychoEMT
2013-11-28, 21:57
I'd like to but......I prefer NOT to play 64, if it's 48 ok fine but NOT 64

0daro0
2013-11-28, 23:19
Iam IN!

zladuric
2013-11-29, 23:19
When?

FoxMulder
2013-11-30, 10:04
I'd like to but......I prefer NOT to play 64, if it's 48 ok fine but NOT 64

That to. I'd like the play a OG vs OG match. 16vs16 (of 24vs24). 32vs32 I can't behind that. It's too chaotic. Putting it a little to harshly it's COD with vehicles. I have no idea how many OG BF4 members there are though.
Less players = more tactical and strategic gameplay. I've played some of my best games with 16. It's WAY more thrilling. You lose 3 dudes you're screwed. WIth 64 you lose 3 dudes whatever.

And also, you don't get sniped all the time by campers. I have no problem with combat snipers. (usually when I switch to recond, I don't pick a sniper and C-4).
But those camping snipers dudes that lie the entire waiting from a distance aiming at the flag until some real soldier shows up. F that. A good admin warns those guys at first. Second time kick. Third time temp band. That's how we rolled with BF2 and our server was better for it. It's raping right?

On topic:
Can't tomorrow. I'm politically active and every two weeks (at least) on sunday I have a meeting with my party.

Macknetic
2013-11-30, 11:17
Snipers that go prone somewhere and wait or camp on an unreachable spot are annoying as hell and I must admit I'm raging at them on a regular basis. But it is a valid tactic and part of the game. No reason to warn, kick or ban the player.

Don't take offense but using admin rights to get rid of camping snipers is kind off a weak move. Instead, it's up to you to apply effective tactics against them and there are plenty of options. Counter-sniping, mortars, air vehicles and with BF4 we have the awesome airbust gun. Or sneak up to them and use the knife, very satisfying. Often you can actually simply ignore them, make you sure you're in cover or move all the time. After all, they are not capping flags or arming M-COM's from their far away location. Camping snipers never win the round for their team.

FoxMulder
2013-11-30, 11:28
Baseraping is frowned upon though? I remember players getting warnings for laying outside the base. Not capping it, but just lying there shooting spawning players. You can't counter-snipe if you get insta-killed as soon as you spawn right?

Ok, if you're provinding cover fire while trying to take over enemy flag, it's different story. That's playing offensive (or vice versa) but camping outside main base?

Or snipers that shoot from the "red" zone, so you can get to them? Sometimes I play sniper. Blowing up tanks with C4. Not easy always. If the tank goes i reverse you're squised :D

EDIT: You're right though on your last remark. A team with more camping-snipers than anything else will lose in Conquest.

But I can't stress enough I'm not talking about "combat snipers". Those recon dudes that play an active rol and provide cover for their quad. Use C4, Radar and whatnot.

Or provide cover when the other 4 dudes are attacking a flag. That's what I mean by combat sniper.

What I mean by campersniper is someone who lays hidden at the main base. On his own. Not helping his squad and just kill dudes that just spawned.

Macknetic
2013-11-30, 11:38
Of course, killing players in their deployment zone is not allowed. OG admins tend to warn first, then kick, then ban players for any form of baseraping.

FoxMulder
2013-11-30, 11:42
Of course, killing players in their deployment zone is not allowed. OG admins tend to warn first, then kick, then ban players for any form of baseraping.

Yes, that is what I meant in the first place :)

For example, I've played with Error, who played as a sniper and he did great. Not lying around the entire round, but actually taking a very active role and winning. Using Squad leaders commands & secundary weapons = combat sniper and a good one at that to. Running around, giving directions, kicking ass, working together as a squad, communicating on TS, giving orders, Â*etc

You can be a recon, good squad leader, teamplayer AND winner all at once.

Vercetti
2013-12-01, 20:28
Server:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/servers/show/pc/bf489e2c-f3a8-47c9-bf03-9e24c84fb554/ShoX-Team-Aftershocks-2-Squad-Play-Event-Night/

I can't make it tonight unfortunately, I thought I could, but bad luck.

Have fun guys, join ask squads and play together!!!!