PDA

View Full Version : Server provider change

Vercetti
2013-11-22, 14:59
Hey all,

Due to the recent lags, higher pings etc, we are cutting our losses and have set up the servers at a new hoster (1-3).
We tried to fix this for 2 weeks, but no proper reply or solution was offered. The ping was very unstable (20-70+ form the Netherlands), which indicates that the servers are oversold on the box, or that there is a lack of bandwith.

We have always good experiences with NFOservers.com for our US server, and decided to go for them now in Europe (the started in Frankfurt recently aswell). Their support is something we never encountered at other hosters, but they are slightly more expensive than Gamed. But sometimes you gotta spend a bit more, that's life.

Therefore the coming week, these servers can be identified by the suffix '(NEW)' behind it. At the 28th, the old servers will go down.

Frank

Eindbaas
2013-11-22, 16:15
Thanks for the update Frank!

SkinnyG
2013-11-22, 18:06
Good move!

Caveman
2013-11-24, 11:08
New host is better when it comes to ping.
But server connection issues are a gamekiller.

Everytime i want to connect to a server from the new host i have to connect 2 or 3 times before i am in the game.
The server client handshake is not happening. All the old servers and the training server do not have this problem.

And NO i am not the only one having this problem.

error.exe
2013-11-24, 11:36
I have the same problem as Cave. Its not all the time that this happens to me, but very very very often!
I tried to see if it was only when servers are empty, but when I tried to join the new lockers server yesterday when people were in it I had the same issue. I got a big red error sign in battlelog.

MI-six
2013-11-24, 14:27
How to fix "ERROR Game disconnected: Client closed down connection.

Till the hoster has find the probleme.
You can open the port on your router 3659 in port forwarding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMB4FTqziqw

Vercetti
2013-11-24, 17:21
Did that solve it for you, Jim and Michiel?

Caveman
2013-11-24, 17:46
Nope, it reduces the error but not fixing it totally.