PDA

View Full Version : DLC: Second Assault Rundown

Caveman
2013-11-20, 23:10
For those of those who didn’t catch the AMD Fan Day Tournament live stream today, here is a brief run-down on what you missed. The event was broadcast on Battlefield’s official Twitch TV channel, and consisted of three matches played by developers. The action was cast by Alex Mendez, while we were shown three out of the four maps that will be included in this expansion.

THE MAPS

As stated, we got to see three maps, and I’m sorry to say that Caspian Border was not one of them. However, we did get to view that map in the BF4 Showdown at the beginning of this month, so perhaps that’s why the remaining maps were chosen.

Operation Metro 2014

This is the first map that was showcased, with a round of Capture the Flag. The tunnels are flooded, and the destruction has been amped up quite a bit. The ceilings are especially vulnerable, and can be brought crumbling to the ground (or upon your enemies) by shooting above or destroying support beams. The now operational elevators will provide a new way to get upstairs, or at least cause a distraction to help your team push to the top of those escalators. In certain game modes, there are extra side routes on this map. Outside, the long grass can be set on fire, and it was mentioned in the stream that this cannot be extinguished. That should create an interesting twist in game play–either create a flammable damage-inducing barrier, or burn up that pesky sniper hiding in the field!

Also mentioned was the fact that the Obliteration mode on this map is played outside in the park area, instead of in the tunnels. So, unlike in Rush, we’ll get the experience of pushing the objective in either direction.

Gulf of Oman 2014

Obliteration on Oman was featured next in the stream. A sandstorm hovers ominously on the edge of the horizon as soon as the round begins. That is the biggest change on this fan-favorite map, and it really affects game play! The storm slowly creeps in and hits during the match, drastically reducing visibility on both land and in the air. A giant crane falls due to the storm’s intensity (reportedly it cannot be triggered by player actions). We’re told that the duration of the sandstorm is around 8 minutes. Afterwards, things calm back down and game play resumes in the aftermath.

Operation Firestorm 2014

Last, and maybe least, comes Operation Firestorm with another round of Obliteration. Don’t get me wrong, Firestorm is an okay map, I’m just not sure I’d peg it as a “fan-favorite”. However, Obliteration and Capture the Flag may bring enough of a change to the dynamics to change my opinion. The main Levolution on this map seems to be the fires caused by various means of destruction. Tanks can be blown-up, pipes can be shot, and oil fires can be set aflame to create fire hazards and create visual obstruction from the hoards of snipers that usually inhabit this map.

http://battlefieldo.com/assets/uploads/2013/11/BF4-Second-Assault-Screen-pan.jpg

THE WEAPONS

By watching the stream, we’ve composed a list of the five weapons that are likely making their way back onto the Battlefield with this DLC. And here they are:

F2000
AS VAL
M60-E4
DAO-12
GOL (Sniper)

At the end of the stream, we were also treated to the debut of the Battlefield 4: Official Second Assault Trailer. View it below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9x0dE1WHFU&feature=youtu.be

Which of these maps are you looking forward to playing the most? What about the incoming Second Assault weapons, any favorites?

de-pizzabezorger
2013-11-21, 14:18
cant wait until the golf of oman!

always have been my favorite
and the put the gras in fire option GREAT! now a sniper cant hide anymore ;)