PDA

View Full Version : OG servers

Macknetic
2013-11-09, 22:22
Just wanted to mention that I think the current server setup is spot on. We got a solid selection of conquest maps on OG 1 with a 48 player limit which gives room for a more tactical gameplay. You can be mobile and use flanking routes without constantly running into a zerg. The new 1000 ticket Locker server means that many OG's don't have to cry themselves to sleep anymore because they miss Metro. And then there is the Domination server for those that like to play some smaller maps now an again. Nice variation so there is something for everyone and we don't have to worry about a large number of servers to fill up.

Great job!

error.exe
2013-11-09, 22:28
Just wanted to mention that I think the current server setup is spot on. We got a solid selection of conquest maps on OG 1 with a 48 player limit which gives room for a more tactical gameplay. You can be mobile and use flanking routes without constantly running into a zerg. The new 1000 ticket Locker server means that many OG's don't have to cry themselves to sleep anymore because they miss Metro. And then there is the Domination server for those that like to play some smaller maps now an again. Nice variation so there is something for everyone and we don't have to worry about a large number of servers to fill up.

Great job!

Glad you enjoy!
And I could not agree more with you Mack.

Shadowfox
2013-11-10, 00:07
I like server setup too, only thing I'd prefer is the Lockers server being 32 players again.

Valheru73
2013-11-10, 01:51
I agree with Shadow. I think Lockers is more suited to a lower amount of players since the constant flanking and capping backflags is the fun part of the gameplay on this particular map and not the nadefest in the middle ;-)

Otherwise the servers are spot on! If we ever want another one or wanna mix things up a bit we could do a 32 player obliteration/rush combo.

//Valh

Eindbaas
2013-11-10, 01:52
I like server setup too, only thing I'd prefer is the Lockers server being 32 players again.

This, and perhaps remove dawnbreaker from the map rotation. People seem to leave whenever that map gets on

Mioracle
2013-11-12, 13:23
I agree with everyone in this post! ^^

MinimalMayhem
2013-11-12, 13:30
I could live without dawnbreaker, but it is okay I guess.

Obliteration would be cool, I like the mix of maximum mayhem (ahem).
BTW, is it only me or is watching an obliteration game like watching 7 yr olds play football: there's a big swarm all chasing around after the 'ball'.

Macknetic
2013-11-12, 17:54
I disagree with Mio!

macgyver1969
2013-11-12, 18:32
We have only 5 maps running. Taking one out is not good for the variation. We have to see how the new maps will be and possibly switch one.

SkinnyG
2013-11-13, 09:46

This, and perhaps remove dawnbreaker from the map rotation. People seem to leave whenever that map gets on

^^^^

Valheru73
2013-11-13, 10:18
I could live without dawnbreaker, but it is okay I guess.

Obliteration would be cool, I like the mix of maximum mayhem (ahem).
BTW, is it only me or is watching an obliteration game like watching 7 yr olds play football: there's a big swarm all chasing around after the 'ball'.

Haha, The exact same image has popped into my mind everytime I played Obliteration. I still enjoy it though ;-)

To not be completely off-topic I would also like to elaborate a bit on the current set of maps:

Paracel, Zavod and Shanghai are probably gonna be the big winners when it comes to larger maps. I'm personally tired of Shanghai after lots of hours in both alpha and beta stages but I still want to put it in the "Big Three" because there is something for everyone there. Fighting in vehicles is excellent but doesn't overpower the infantry gameplay. Golmud on the other hand is no fun for infantry at all. You feel helpless and overpowered most of the time. Rogue Transmission is somewhere in between. Not quite up to par with the three great ones but still much more enjoyable for all player types than Golmud. ÂÂ*Dawnbreaker is an odd bird. It should be fun just like Shanghai but it just isn't.

When it comes to mid-size maps Floodzone takes the win hands down. Once again you can sit in a vehicle an entire round as well as running as inf and have a good time. ÂÂ*Hainan is OK but not as versatile as Floodzone. Lancam is crap and should be taken out of all rotations. Tiny map where you get locked on straight away when you jump in a vehicle at base and not particulary good for infantry either.

Lockers is in a category of its own. Great infantry map with multiple flanking routes to go if (when) you get locked down in the middle. A worthy successor to Metro with fewer flaws. Still not suited for more than 32 players (max 40) and I really hope our server at some point will be bumped down from 48 players.

With news maps coming as soon as in 20 days we have to look at what's fun and what's just meh and adjust servers accordingly after that.

End of biased opinions ;-)

//Valh

Yepp3r
2013-11-13, 17:47
Seems like Dawnbreaker isn't the most popular map. Maybe change it with Hainan resort? Or is that one already in it? Â*:?
Great server, but what I don't like is 2 rounds per map on a 800 ticket server IMHO.

Mioracle
2013-11-24, 11:53
I disagree with Mio!

I hereby do not agree with everyone in this post anymore as I decided to disagree with disagree!
And Mack is a puffy sausage!