PDA

View Full Version : Dice Info on Fixes

Caveman
2013-11-03, 16:02
Dice on issues that they are aware of.

UPDATE #9:
PC Game Update Goes Live Nov 14
We are happy to report that the PC Battlefield 4 game update will go live tomorrow, November 14. The main focus of this update is threefold:

1) Reduce the number of crashes
We believe this update will solve a large portion of the most commonly occuring game crashes, and the improvement in overall stability should make a big difference for many players.

2) Eliminate a network sync bug
If you’ve been experiencing situations in multiplayer where it appears that you are taking damage from enemies through walls, you might have been the victim of a network sync bug. In this game update, we have identified and eliminated one such bug that caused this type of gameplay experience. We are continuing to work on more multiplayer optimizations concerning network performance.

3) Improve Network Smoothing
We have made some improvements to the ”Network Smoothing” functionality that you can find in the OPTIONS>GAMEPLAY menu. The Network Smoothing slider governs a group of settings that aim to produce a tighter multiplayer experience based on your specific packet loss situation.

If you’ve been experimenting with the Network Smoothing slider earlier, it might now yield better results. If you haven’t tried it before, please explore this setting and set it to the lowest value you can without experiencing graphical glitches in the game. By setting it lower, you can get a tighter multiplayer experience, depending on your specific network situation.

More details upcoming
Besides the above mentioned focus areas, this PC game update contains a number of other fixes and tweaks that we will detail once it’s live.

This game update for PC goes live around 10AM UTC/2AM PST November 14. Your Origin Client should acknowledge and automatically download this update for you, as usual. Otherwise, you can right click your game in the client and select ”Check for Update”. There will be a Battlelog maintenance downtime for about an hour as this update goes live. During this time multiplayer on PC will be unavailable.

We will release full patch notes for this game update later, but the three items mentioned above are by far the most important changes in this update. We understand that stability has been rocky for some players, and hope that this update will make the game run smoother and more stable for you. Let us know in the comments below.

UPDATE #8 (Nov 12):
Client patch (PC)
The PC client patch for Battlefield 4 will go live in the near future and fixes a number of different issues you have helped us to identify, including a number of the most common crashes and freezes. We will get back to you with a full fix list and a specific date for this update soon.

Maintenance downtime (All platforms)
Nov 13, we have a planned maintenance starting at 9AM UTC/1AM PST. The maintenance will last for 2-3 hours and multiplayer for Battlefield 4 will be unavailable on all platforms in increments during this window. This maintenance is done in preparation for the upcoming client patches.

Console Server Update (PS3/X360)
During the Nov 13 maintenance window mentioned above, we will roll out the latest server update for X360 and PS3. This server update will include the following fixes:
• Temporarily disabled the ”Indirect Fire” and ”Perimeter Defense” Field Upgrades on PS3 as they caused the game to crash when spawning. This is a temporary workaround while we work to solve the issue altogether.
• Fixed a number of dog tags that were showing up as blank in-game.
• Lowered the damage caused by Mobile AA Active Radar missiles to aircraft. The previous damage was incorrectly set too high.
• Improved server crash reporting and performance tracking on all platforms. This should further help us identify and fix server crashes going forward.

Upcoming console client patches (PS3/X360)
We are testing and finalizing upcoming client patches for PS3 and X360. We will be able to give you an ETA on these at a later date. You can always find the latest info in this thread.

Upcoming Live Scoreboard (PC)
We will introduce Live Scoreboards in the PC server browser on Battlelog in the upcoming days. It will let you see the current status in the ongoing round on a server before you join, such as the number of remaining targets in a round of Obliteration. We will be able to give you specific date on this feature soon.

UPDATE #7 (Nov 12):
Server Update R8 rolling out on PC
We recently deployed the R8 Server Update on PC. It should be propagating throughout servers in the upcoming hours. You can find the change notes below.

R8 Update Notes:
*Fixed a number of dog tags that were showing up as blank in-game.
*Lowered the damage caused by Mobile AA Active Radar missiles to aircraft. The previous damage was incorrectly set too high.
*Improved server crash reporting and performance tracking on all platforms. This should further help us identify and fix server crashes going forward.

UPDATE #6 (Nov 11):
Quick Update Update
Just a quick update: We don't have an ETA on the client updates just yet, but we will have information on these soon. We will let you know as soon as we have more detail. Stay tuned, and thanks for your patience.

UPDATE #5 (Nov 7):
R8 Server Update in the Works
We are working hard to deliver the next server update as quickly as possible to improve stability. This has now been released.

Client Update in the Works
We are also working on upcoming client patches for Battlefield 4 on all platforms. These will contain fixes for crashes and address a number of other issues that you have been feedbacking to us. Patch notes will be posted as we get closer to releasing these updates. The PC pdate goes live Nov 14.

UPDATE #4 (Nov 6):
R7 Server Update Rolled Out
We just rolled out a new server update for Battlefield 4 that should fix some of the most common server crashes across all platforms. Let us know if this patch improves server stability for you. Patch notes below:
-Fixed two of the most common server crashes (All platforms)
-The "admin.say" command should now work properly (PC)
-The "vars.preset" command should now work better in conjunction with other vars settings (PC) (It is now easier for server admins to set a server preset)
-Fixed a bug in the queue system regarding GUID (PC)
-Fixed various minor bugs (PC)

UPDATE #3 (Nov 4):
Fixing server crashes
New server update (R6) was rolled out across all platforms to fix the most common server crash.

UPDATE #2 (Nov 3):
Fixing the server queues on PC
We're rolling out a server update on PC with a fix for the join queue. As this new server version starts to populate servers, you will notice that server queues on PC will be available again in Battlefield 4. Note that it might take some time before the majority of PC servers are equipped with this fix (up to 24h).

UPDATE #1 (Nov 3):
Server crashes
We have identified an issue where the game server will crash and disconnect players, causing them to lose any stats gathered during that specific round. We have a fix in progress to address this issue in a server update and will let you know once it's ready to roll out.

Since the launch of Battlefield 4, some fans playing online have been experiencing various issues with the game. Thanks to your feedback, many of these problems have been resolved, but there are still a number of bugs that we are actively working on. Below you will find a list of some of the resolved issues, as well as some of the issues we are prioritizing at the moment and what we’re doing to address them.

Game crashes and freezes
ELIMINATED AS WE IDENTIFY THEM
Players on all formats have been experiencing game crashes and freezes while playing. We have logs of the most frequently occurring client crashes, and we are actively working to Obliterate the cause of these crashes in upcoming updates.

Note that crashes come in different types, and therefore this is technically not one single issue. There are two kinds of crashes and two types of updates that can address them: server-side updates that we can release on the fly (four of these have already been released since launch), and game client updates that require more in-depth testing and certification before they can go live.

We have found and eliminated some of the server-side crashes on PC in our server updates. There is also a client update on PC Nov 14 where we are aiming to eliminate as many of the client-related crashes as possible.

Progress in Multiplayer Lost
INVESTIGATING
Players have reported losing their progress in multiplayer. This is probably related to crashes stopping the game reports from being sent to Battlelog. We are still investigating this issue in more detail. Note that your progress sometimes can seem to be reset during server maintenance windows. In these cases, your stats will be just fine and reappear later.

Single Player Save File Corrupted
WORKING ON POTENTIAL FIX
We are still investigating the issue of single player save files being corrupted for some players. If you have experienced this problem, please describe below the steps leading up to the save file being corrupted, your platform (PC, PS3 or X360), and when the issue occurred. If you’re on PC, please also list your OS and system specs.

Miscellaneous Audio Bugs
FIX UPCOMING
We are aware of the issues with missing/corrupted audio in multiplayer and have created a fix for them. This fix is planned for release in the next PC client patch.

Magazine Reload Bug on Normal
FIXED
On all platforms, some players were experiencing a bug when playing on Normal servers. The bug caused the reload setting to incorrectly mimic the behavior from Hardcore servers. This was fixed in our four

Source: *http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065217944685108

Caveman
2013-11-03, 16:06
I would like to reply to this instant!!

I do hear a lot off whining yelling rage quiting and so on.

IT MAKES NO SENSE! So please report issues so Dice get to know them.

As long as you do not report any issues please stop whining like little baby's and play the game and if you don't like it go play something else!

Eindbaas
2013-11-03, 17:28
At least the netcode is amazing

http://i.minus.com/imtwnfuAPtilV.gif

Edit: You did not read my second post right?

Burning
2013-11-03, 17:54
LOL!

DAT HITDETECTION

MI-six
2013-11-06, 14:16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrY7OUhnFyU

Caveman
2013-11-07, 06:12
http://i.imgur.com/nOVV2nd.png

error.exe
2013-11-07, 11:24
`Dayum. That is nice.

Safa246
2013-11-07, 12:22
Caveman, I would be REALLY interested in hearing from your inside source whether DICE view current hit detection and netcode issues as a real problem or think that its okay as it is. While server and client side crashes are a huge pain, I'm confident that they can sort them out. But I worry more that these two are so deeply built in to the game that they simply cant be sorted.

And as an aside, I really feel DICE's pain. Ive only every written, or managed the development of, systems that are used by a comparitively small number of users (up to about 10 000) but testing is always a bit hit and miss and there are always significant issues that arise after deployment that cant be anticipated prior to go live. Interesting here, though, because their beta test must have been at significant scale and it did feel more stable than the live deployment.

error.exe
2013-11-07, 15:43
That wasnt Caveman talking to the EA rep. I believe he found it on Reddit.

Caveman
2013-11-13, 20:45
First post updated! Tommorow 14/11 the client patch will go live!

Shadowfox
2013-11-14, 07:33
I wonder what this patch will break Â*:lol:

FluggerNO
2013-11-14, 08:42
I wonder what this patch will break *:lol:

:lol:

Arkaine
2013-11-14, 20:03
Well i read that every game crashes now at the end of a round?

MinimalMayhem
2013-11-15, 09:56
I played about 5 rounds yesterday and got crashes at the end of two of the rounds. BUT, for me it seemed like the bit registration was working better - too early to say for sure but it seemed like that side of things had improved.

Yepp3r
2013-11-15, 17:42
Well i read that every game crashes now at the end of a round?

:evil:

PsychoEMT
2013-11-16, 17:54

Everything of course.

error.exe
2013-11-16, 18:23

Everything of course.

That would be something else.
BF4 gets patched and everything breaks.

Youll fall off your chair due to its legs breaking. Your monitor starts blinking bright red and purple. You stand up to get a drink and youll break your little toe. And then when you finally reach the kitchen and want to grab a glass, all glasses are already broken.

#ShitJustGotReal

Caveman
2014-09-22, 12:35
FcJxvWJ1Q_8