PDA

View Full Version : How to test my shit?

zladuric
2013-10-06, 22:15
Hi guys,

How to test my crappy hardware? Recently my computer started BSODing (well, RSOD, since it is win8) when I play BF. And now I'll have some time to play more, but after a few mins the comp just freezes or crashes or BSODs.

I've tested memory, no issues. What software can I use to test my CPU and GPU or maybe MoBo?

I have changed cpu recently, maybe the paste didn't sit well or something like that. I want to test the box before just throwing it all out of the window form the 7th floor.

zZAzazelZz
2014-04-20, 15:08
Do you have an intel processor, or an AMD? theres a test called intel burn test. Its the hardest stress test out right now. It tortures your chip. Prime 95 will work for either. Not sure about he IBT. theres a specific test by intel designed to test for malfunctions called Intel processor diagnostic tool, it tests the IGFX, The Integraded memory, and runs Prime number algorithms to make your cpu scream for mercy. :D if the test fails or you blue screen, try warrentying your module.

Force
2014-04-20, 15:54
Type in at google : 'Can you run it' - systemrequirmentslab.com - select a game - u can see your hardware , minimum specs or recommended specs.
Posting this from my phone , normally i would add the links for you.

SkinnyG
2014-04-20, 16:02
Prime95 will give you the opportunity to do CPU as well as memory testing.
Which you test depends on the test settings, but I think you can find the necessary settings for both on the website.

I use Intel burn test as well for strict CPU testing.

For GPU I use Furmark or GpuTest. The second also has the Furmark test in it and more varieties but Furmark has the option to show relevant data (like temperature bar) on the screen, which might be handy if you suspect your GPU to overheat.....

Delano1984
2014-04-21, 11:12
Got a link here :
http://www.game-debate.com/can-I-run/?EA

MinimalMayhem
2014-04-22, 13:40
FWIW I used to get RSOD sometimes with flaky AMD video card/drivers ....mostly it was drivers if I remember right, haven't had one of those for a long time now.