PDA

View Full Version : Future of BF4

FoxMulder
2013-10-05, 23:10
Hello

I just joined and was wondering what the future holds for the BF4 part of this community?

I hope we are going to playing competitions and ladders and such.

I just want to play in a competitive clan again. Friendlies are good to learn, get better and turn individuals into a team. This is necessary.

I'm a modest person and completely new here, so I feel bad about shouting off. But I have some experience as a former Quake Wars clanleader who reached the hightsest league on clanbase (and lost against Dignitas, but that was 2007/2008).

So If there is anything I can do to help in creating a BF4 war squad. You can could on my and my experience. I was always good at organizing and recruiting.

I would me and a couple of my friend to be active and contributing members :)

error.exe
2013-10-06, 01:13
Just come on our teamspeak mate, whenever your on teamspeak you can get to know the guys.
Sky is the limit after that.

FoxMulder
2013-10-06, 02:23
I have. Just played a few rounds and chatted ÂÂ*some :)

I'm new so I'm trying to get know everthing :)

Shadowfox
2013-10-06, 12:35
For BF3 we had a team of 5 people playing competitively at ESL (platoon (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655241205145661/))
Apart from that we also had funwars where every OG member could join.

If you are interested in joining/forming another comp team I can only encourage that. Old Guys Gaming could use some representation in the eSports scene again.

Caveman
2013-10-06, 17:26
Well i need to be honest with you here. Most of our members are here for fun.
And that is also our goal @ the moment. First see what BF4 will bring i guess :wink:

FoxMulder
2013-10-07, 22:21
Fun is obviously fun

But both could work. I've done it before with BF2 & QW. Part was there for fun, another part I handpicked to form a Quake Wars squad. We did great. Belgium's best and top 6 in Europe (on Clanbase).

I didn't play much myself though, because I was clan leader and recruiter and everyone I recruited was a LOT better then me. So I had to bench myself :o
Best team should play I guessed, even if it meant I didn't get to play in official wars. I believed the clan comes before the individual. Even if that individual is the clan leader. (That was the case with QW-NOW)

But if the opportunity arrases I'd like to play in Â*competitions. I'm only a trail member, but I'm fully dedicated to such a thing. If OG is behind that idea.

I'm not the best player, but I'm not a bad recruiter and I'd like to put my past experience to good use if that's okay by OG. And obviously it's a team effort. Has to be. There is no "I" in "team".

TL:DR I've got a little experience, mostly outside of the game and I'd love to prove my worth and I'd love to play clanwars in competition like Clanbase or something. Even if I have to organize the whole clanwar competition by myself if nobody else is up to it.

Of course, it's still early, but early bird catches the worm

I understand that most member are here for fun. So am I. Games are supposed to be fun. That's the point of playing games.
But both can go together. Even if at this moment there are not enough players to form a competetive squad. I can recruit them (together with help of other please :) )

Also please take in consideration I don't want to be out of bounds being a new trail member. Just trying to help and put some suggestions on the table :)

Vercetti
2013-10-07, 22:29
Well, go for it I say! If you want to talk details, let us know and we'll set up a meeting (never talked to you yet).

FoxMulder
2013-10-07, 22:53
I'd like that.

But being new and all I'm really still looking for "my place'" (hell, I'm not even passed my trail, maybe I don't get even accepted :p)

Although as of now it's a quite premature since BF4 is stille a month away.

When and where do we talk details then? :)

Eindbaas
2013-10-08, 10:52
I think we can do something similar as to what we did with our bf play4free section:
Form a squad of bf4 players that want to take it to the next level by training and playing wars regularly.