PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 4: Battlepacks

error.exe
2013-09-07, 16:48
Soldiers,

With a lot of information out there about Battlefield 4, and Old Guys members still debating wetter to pre-order the Standard or Deluxe edition. I figured i'd shed some more light on a small part of Battlefield 4. The Battlepacks.

When having to make a choice between pre-ordering the Standard or the Deluxe edition, they tell us that with the Battlefield 4 Deluxe edition I will receive 3 Gold Battlepacks, in addition to the 1 Gold Battlepack that you receive when you pre-order the Standard edtition. See below;

http://i.imgur.com/llxelyt.png

But what are Gold Battlepacks?

I did some digging and this is what I came up with;

Battlefield 4 Battlepacks can be unlocked in multiplayer by ranking up during regular gameplay. Battlepacks in Battlefield 4 include a collection of items, such as weapons, specializations, and gadgets, that players can unlock when moving up through the Battlefield 4 ranks. Battlefield 4 Battlepacks are available for unlock to all players regardless of what class they play as. (source: here (http://bf4central.com/battlefield-4-battlepacks/))

Youtube video that explains it all;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYvTB1P4ROQ

It is not a too important new feature that Battlefield 4 will bring us.
But for some it might be the drop that will either make them pre-order the Deluxe edition and for others (who simply do not give a crap about all this money hungry bonus content) it will make them stay with the Standard edition.

See you all soon on the new and improved Battlefield!

Hersh
2013-09-07, 18:17
Nice thread bro 8)

Macknetic
2013-09-08, 19:22
Interesting post, I didn't know about these. So from what I understand Battlepacks are basically shortcuts to unlocks that you otherwise will unlock anyways by just playing the game. For me progressing as a player by unlocking weapons/upgrades is part of the appeal of Battlefield games. Don't really feel the need to hurry this up with cash.

error.exe
2013-09-08, 19:39
Interesting post, I didn't know about these. So from what I understand Battlepacks are basically shortcuts to unlocks that you otherwise will unlock anyways by just playing the game. For me progressing as a player by unlocking weapons/upgrades is part of the appeal of Battlefield games. Don't really feel the need to hurry this up with cash.

Yes, I agree exactly with what you said.
Battlepacks arent really shortcuts, even tough they can function like that. From my understanding Battlepacks are like goodiebags, you open them up to receive various items/gadgets/camo's etc.

Still, your point remains, the fun is to achieve these things by play and not by money.

Burning
2013-09-08, 20:02

Yes, I agree exactly with what you said.
Battlepacks arent really shortcuts, even tough they can function like that. From my understanding Battlepacks are like goodiebags, you open them up to receive various items/gadgets/camo's etc.

Still, your point remains, the fun is to achieve these things by play and not by money.

Ive seen somewhere that some items ,like camos and some of the knifes can only be obtained from a battlepack. Mostly just cosmetic items, and if I understood correctly you get these packs in addition to normal unlocks (kill 10 people for kobra) when you level up?

error.exe
2013-09-08, 20:36
yea thats what I understood also Burning. I believe you can purchase them extra in a store. You got Bronze, Silver and Gold battlepacks.

Force
2013-09-09, 13:23
I just will.buy the deluxe edition..But i have to wait until ma uncle poop some 20 euro's ....