PDA

View Full Version : Discrimination by Admins using idling as way of kicking

Taylor-Nova
2013-08-01, 12:19
I still play BFP4F at times, But I was hoping to have my VIP status returned after I paid a sum of money, but as テつ*no ones acknowledged what amount I am supposed to pay, so I can make a regular payment, Im in the dark.

"Skinny", One of your players in Oman recognised me and asked if I had the VIP テつ*on this map, I said no, not as yet, he very kindly テつ*added me as VIP on Oman.

But thats when I ran into problems, Although I was well known for being critical of how テつ*=OG= was run, thats in the past now.
But some ones determined not to let me stay in Oman.

In almost every session, if Im getting quite a few kills, as I was in the Russian base AA gun shooting down 7 Bogies, Im kicked By an admin for idling. This happens twice each session.

I put a question about this in Play for free technical Forums,. and as I suspected, a reply I got, that, テつ* "Admins who dont like a player or thinks they getting too many kills, can legit Kick that person for idling, when in fact, they are active."

Im really dissapointed that =OG= Admins have sank so low, that They use this excuse to kick players they dont like.
I had a run of 7 kills using AA guns with no deaths, which would have given me my first decent xp points, but near the end of the session I was kicked for a second time for idling. So I lost all those points.

Needless to say, If Im going to be discriminated against because of my history of constructive criticism , then OG gamers is obviously not the place Im welcome any more, and Im using other servers now.

What a shame Admins dont practice what they preach! テつ*as a previous admin on an id3 server I supported, I would never ever kick someone, just because I didnt like that player. And anyway, Oman is badly admin-ed anyway, Lots of idiots griefing carriers and base vehicles, but there not kicked for doing that, they left to shoot up and destroy all they can, with no Admin or Mod taking steps to stop it.

As always Im open to comments, But sad to see , a top player group using these totally unacceptable practices

RPGforYOU
2013-08-01, 13:28
Well there is something as contacting, pm'ing, emailing ...
If you don't ask you don't get any information do you?

And nobody kicked you for idling.
This event is triggered AUTOMATICALLY.

And yes if you stay still on a spot you eventually will be kicked for idling.
Sitting on the AA and not moving for couple seconds(min) = idling.
Game mechanics see it as not moving your just moving the AA and therefore it will kick you out.

Nobody of mods or admins kicked you it's just if you camp for too long in the AA it will kick you for idling.
Just move and then get back in the AA, then you will not be kicked.

We don't discriminate at all ... just move ever 60 seconds out of AA and you should be fine.

SkinnyG
2013-08-01, 14:00
Hi,

A lot of different issues adressed in this 1 post, so I will try to break it down into these different issues.

1. Membership + fees:

I still play BFP4F at times, But I was hoping to have my VIP status returned after I paid a sum of money, but as ツ*no ones acknowledged what amount I am supposed to pay, so I can make a regular payment

Having been a member before I assume you know that Frank (Vercetti) is the one to turn to for the payments.
Otherwise you could turn to staff members who should be able to give you the info as well.
Things are most efficiently dealt with on Teamspeak of course.

In the forum under "Old Guys HQ Communitiy Information" you could have found the necessary info on fees and how to pay the fees.
Direct link to the thread: Membership fees (http://oldguys.eu/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6)

Concerning your membership status: You do show up on Frank's overview of paying member, but you are not Orange on the forums. This raises the question for me if the forum color is just not correct, or if you are not recognised as full member.
Can someone dealing with forum colors or community staff / Game leader answer on that?

2. VIP status:
As soon as your community status has been cleared to me, I will put in the work to make you VIP on the other OG P4F servers as well (only staff members, such as me can give or take away VIP rights).

3. Complaints, where to complain:
You seem to have experienced a kick that you thought were not just.

I put a question about this in Play for free technical Forums,. and as I suspected, a reply I got, that, ツ* "Admins who dont like a player or thinks they getting too many kills, can legit Kick that person for idling, when in fact, they are active

I would like to suggest that next time you experience something, instead of turning to the P4F forum, you get on Teamspeak and find a game staff member to discuss the issue you have.
According to our community rules, this OG forum is the place for complaints, and what is even better, especially for members, is to address it directly/asap to a staff member on Teamspeak.
Besides that, the P4F forum has always been pretty negative anyway. Lot's of trolls and non-constructive critics there, so the answer you got was to be expected anyway. It is amazing how many players criticize server admins, but of course do not want to pay money themselves renting a server and do it in the way they seem appropriate........

4. Complaint, being kicked for idling OG3 Oman:
I refer to what RPG said on this already (RPG, you Ninja!)

Hope to see you back in game soon!

Taylor-Nova
2013-08-01, 23:24
Thank you guys , and hello RPG, long time. Helllo SkinnyG again

As far As the comments that Im idling on an AA gun, how can that be?, when Im swiveling the turret up and down to and fro. The reason Im based on the AA gun most of the time, is lack of funds till next week to get a few basic boosts back, those being health, Tank and APC armour. I no longer use any other boosters than those, but without them Im easily taken out in a few seconds.

Its been a long time since being on OG and on battlefield, Im seriously rusty to the point of patching myself up with rivets from RPGs kills :twisted:

Im rreally sorry, But I dont use TS any longer, because Im a Co Guild Master/ Mentor in SWTOR being lvl 47 Republic trooper and have two Imperials, being an Agent (sniper) and Sith Assassin, and we use Raidcall software. Its a bit irksome , to use raidcall, and start TS same time as obviously I would be inundated with multiple voices if both were operating at the same time, in Raidcall. We sometimes dont log out, its on most of the day.

=OG= community pages have changed a lot , Im not sure where to go to set up a permanent payment system?? maybe someone can direct me?
At least I know why Im being kicked, and will endeavor to jump off the AA gun every now and then, but seems that needs a Fix, dont you think? :?:

Its still fun to play, but the idiots putting charges on my AA gun, destroying vehicles, helicopters, APCs without someone seriously kicking them makes it hard work to fight for your team.

I was wondering If you have a special type of map, That I really loved last year, cant remember what is was called, but It had points of either satellite equipment, or some sort of com station?, you either blew up or protected, it was built on both sides of a river I think with strategic large bridges crossing the other side. Had enormous fun and very good fortune with it. ah ! Think it was called "Rush", now My brains working 8) テつ*If you need anyone to fund "Rush" map, I would be willing to support it. テつ*But, thats as far as I want to get involved, quite happy to play as an ordinary member, being that I am tied up in STWOR most of the time. テつ*Did The sea maps I used to support the idea off, ever came into being?

Apologies テつ*of course for the misunderstanding, Typical EA Origin devs Not putting into place some code that recognizes the fact that your not idle on an AA gun. Obviously I was seething after taking out 5 jets and 2 helicopters, only to be kicked.

Hope to meet up with you all again soon

Mike (officially a grumpy pensioner Now :D)

Eindbaas
2013-08-02, 00:58
Its a bit irksome , to use raidcall, and start TS same time as obviously I would be inundated with multiple voices if both were operating at the same time, in Raidcall. We sometimes dont log out, its on most of the day.
You can always mute your sound and use the teamspeak text chat function :)

=OG= community pages have changed a lot , Im not sure where to go to set up a permanent payment system?? maybe someone can direct me?)
http://oldguys.eu/modules.php?name=Donations

At least I know why Im being kicked, and will endeavor to jump off the AA gun every now and then, but seems that needs a Fix, dont you think? :?: )
P4F needs so many fixes, this will probably never get fixed.

I was wondering If you have a special type of map, That I really loved last year, cant remember what is was called, but It had points of either satellite equipment, or some sort of com station?, you either blew up or protected, it was built on both sides of a river I think with strategic large bridges crossing the other side. Had enormous fun and very good fortune with it. ah ! Think it was called "Rush", now My brains working 8) ツ*If you need anyone to fund "Rush" map, I would be willing to support it. ツ*But, thats as far as I want to get involved, quite happy to play as an ordinary member, being that I am tied up in STWOR most of the time. ツ*Did The sea maps I used to support the idea off, ever came into being?

The map is called karkand rush, you can see RPGFORYOU playing it in a video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYflTVCVWz8

Hope to meet up with you all again soon
I hope to meet you in oman as well, I now know where to find you so you better watch out camping that AA gun テつ*:wink:

bebe
2013-08-02, 08:26
I always kick idlers on OG3 for balance in game. By idlers I mean players which in a middle of a round or near to the end have for example 0-10 scores with 200-300 gained points. Other way game is not balanced and not interesting for both sides.

Yesterday I came in game and what I saw: 4 or maybe 5 guys with a scores 1-15, 2-14, 0-9 etc in the end of a round. And of course their side was loosing with no flags. They keep their slots in game for staying and do nothing. Who wants to suffer from "players" like these and spend own time? I kicked them for balance and game became interesting again.

Taylor-Nova
2013-08-04, 13:09
Hi guys, Just paying 3 months dues, I use wifes new Visa card, dont see why paypal should get even more richer :twisted:
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________________
Having a problem paying by Visa card, I click Visa logo under donate 15.97EU, but it still takes me to Paypal, that テつ*I rather not use. So how do I pay the テつ*sub By Visa debit card?

Taylor-Nova
2013-08-04, 13:28
@Endbass, Look forward to Letting you feel some of my lead from my tank machine Gun :D

Why is it helis and jets seem so hard to fly, when I Fly Commercial Airliners in Flight sim X 1000 miles from Manchester uk to The South of france or to spain. I use the same quality Hotas Thrustmaster Joystick and Throttle Quadrant, thats connected to a powered USB hud, But テつ*here,helicopters seem unable to fly straight, often just turning over, even though Im not using my Foot Rudder pedals. TBH テつ*As I also fly Migs and harriers and Spitfires in Second life combat areas, I really should be skilled at flying. But for some reason, any plane or heli i get into just turns over. I set up the usual Joystick control key bindings, But I do have a now out of date GT440 Nvidia card, which im upgrading to a 640ti shortly, maybe テつ*The low rendering value of the GT440 is causing some issues, as noticed a lot of lag, just walking around lately. STWOR has has had several updates in last 7 months, and each time, I seem to get added a little more lag, at the moment, I cant play it, its so jerky its making me dizzy. I cant get the graphic card i really want, because There is my Xonar PCI sound card next door, and most the nvidia graphic cards are 5cm in thickness, and I only have about 3cm. The only one that will help my rendering also in Second life and elsewhere is the "Sparkle 640" http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A38AZ7M/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3Q830EQQ4UIFT テつ*Which is half the width of the 660 GTX I really wanted.