PDA

View Full Version : Why AMD's next-gen console victories are a big win

Caveman
2013-07-13, 15:02
Why AMD's next-gen console victories are a big win for PC gamers:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2043545/why-amds-next-gen-console-victories-are-a-big-win-for-pc-gamers.html

What do you guys think?

Hangover
2013-07-13, 16:29
Well there ainĀ“t gonna be one in my livingroom. Good for AMD to take that market.

SkinnyG
2013-07-14, 10:02
Let's hope that this is indeed the break us PC gamers are hoping for.
I am pretty tired of bad ports that only take 1 minute to realize that it is indeed a port, just by experiencing the bad "feel" of it in game.

RPGforYOU
2013-07-14, 10:36
I was never allowed to have a console as a kid and now as an adult I also will never have one. :)

And about the ports a game producer said to me, they approach it as a software that has to work on different hardware = pc/ps3/xbox360
They don't port from pc to console neither from console to pc. They will always see it as different versions for different hardware.

The only time there could be a port in game industry is when a game decides to move on to another platform. For instance a pc exclusive will come on xbox or just the other way around. The myth that ports happen all the time in the game industry is false, since there is so much more to take in consideration.

Caveman
2013-07-14, 11:29
And about the ports a game producer said to me, they approach it as a software that has to work on different hardware = pc/ps3/xbox360
They don't port from pc to console neither from console to pc. They will always see it as different versions for different hardware.

AHUM?????