Shadowfox
2013-06-13, 15:52
From the creators of MoHAA, COD1, COD2, COD4MW en MW2;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goe6IB1DLZU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ1B3wq9yi8

Damn, I'm excited.

0daro0
2013-06-14, 13:00
jup its nice how many good games are coming, also i saw bf4 gameplay and i was amazed. by how the game looked!

so i maybe gonna buy it.

also The Division gives me something to look forward. kinda RPG+MMO o.O

Shadowfox
2014-02-12, 08:47
Titanfall BETA registration is open guys!
http://www.titanfall.com/beta

SkinnyG
2014-02-12, 14:12
Just registered for the beta!

Let's see if I am lucky!

Eindbaas
2014-02-12, 18:54
Registered as well, don't think i'm going to play this game. But perhaps the beta can change my mind :)

Shadowfox
2014-02-12, 19:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOHkhfi0qcQ

8O ÂÂ*8O ÂÂ*8O ÂÂ*8O

error.exe
2014-02-12, 19:47
Its like, Hawken meets Mechwarrior meets UT. Shake it up a bit, add some new guns = Titanfall.
Looks like a pretty decent and fun game to me.

Then me personally, in my personal opinion, I am not going to buy any EA games for now. Other games im playing that are not EA related are doing just fine for now.

Shadowfox
2014-02-14, 15:48
Just received my BETA key :D

SkinnyG
2014-02-14, 16:12
Just played the tutorial.

Seems like Mechwarrior to me, but with the possibility to exit the Mech.

Not sure if this will be my game of choice.......

Vercetti
2014-02-14, 21:32
So, here is my first impression.

I'm not gonna describe the story or anything, just how it feels and looks for me. Keep in mind, this is my impression, and of course others can have other opinions.

Tutorial:
You start off with a (I believe) 14-stage tutorial, which teaches you the moves and how the Titan works. It lasts for about 15 minutes, because are the controls are very instinctive. How everything works is all made very clear, and having any questions after the tutorial....... well then you're a slow learner.

Gameplay:
There are 4 modes in the Beta:
- Attrition (Team deathmatch)
- Hardpoint (Conquest)
- Last Titan Standing
- Mixed mode

You start with 2 Pilot classes, and I unlocked a third:
- Forgot name 1 : Auto-aim pistol -> not effective against non-AI + pistol + heavy machinegun against Titans
- Forgot name 2: Assault rifle + pistol + Rocket against Titans
- CQB: Shotgun + pistol + small rockets against Titans (unlocked class at level 2, after 1 round)

You can spawn with 2 classes of Titans:
- Forgot name 1: Machinegun 60 rounds
- Tank: 40mm cannons.

They both have their own skill set, like the pilot classes, but you'd have to check it out yoruself.

I played Hardpoint for 2 rounds, 6v6. Besides your own teammates and the opposite players, also some AI players spawn, which are however clear to distinguish from the real players (AI = small orange/blue dot, Real = large red/blue dot)

By playing as a Pilot (on foot), you earn points to let a Titan spawn. I didn't find the Titans overpowered nor spawning to quickly. It's all very balanced but you need to get the hang of it. I noticed that I was in a low level team who only just started playing, but the maps are quick to learn.

All classes can cloak, but are still quite visible from nearby, making it not too annoying.

At the end of the round if you lose, you have to evacuate, making your way to an extraction point, earning extra survival points.

Graphics/FPS:
The game locks at 60 FPS (console style), and there is no noticeable lag nor framedrops (++++). Normal screens only run 60fps anyways, so if the game is designed for it and there are no framedrops, it's great! I thought the graphics were ok (don't know if they disabled a lot, but I think so), and it ran at max 1280*720. However I don't care that much about real-life graphics, but check you Youtube for yourself for more details on this.

Overall:
A very well built game, very entertaining. I will play a lot more of this the coming days!!!!!!

I know it's a short review, but hey, it's a first impression!

MinimalMayhem
2014-02-14, 22:06
pics?

Burning
2014-02-14, 22:09
pics?

Alot of people Stream this on Twitch as we speak, you could take a look there for a good impression:
http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Titanfall

SkinnyG
2014-02-15, 16:29
OK,

Played the multiplayer now and have to agree with Frank: this is a very entertaining game.

What makes is much more interesting than other similar mech games is that you really have to think out of the box for this one.

Because of the double jump and wall-run capabilities of the pilot (NOT in his Titan), the opponents will surprise you in 3D by jumping on roofs that you are on to assassinate you while you are looking down and homing in on an enemy Titan.

Eindbaas
2014-02-15, 23:53
I haven't gotten my key yet :(

SkinnyG
2014-02-16, 13:59
I read somewhere that open beta will start soon for PC.
So keep an eye out for it!

Shadowfox
2014-02-16, 17:38
Yep, apparently they changed their minds and going to Open the BETA to the public.
XBOX1 today, PC either today or tomorrow :)

Oh, and funny how I haven't encountered ANY bugs.
Titanfall BETA <<<<<<< Battlefield FINAL (bug wise :p)

0daro0
2014-03-11, 00:20
nice got my Key, Pre-loading done !! cant wait :D

Burning
2014-03-11, 12:42
Use a Korean VPN, then you can play now :)

I will wait a week, see how it turns out. And then I will buy the game :D

RPGforYOU
2014-03-11, 16:46
If it's still beta I have a beta key still in my inbox.
Not my type of game ...

Burning
2014-03-11, 17:35
If it's still beta I have a beta key still in my inbox.
Not my type of game ...
BETA was a month ago ^^
Game is released 13th of march in Europe. And 11th (today) in the US.

0daro0
2014-03-12, 11:59
i dont know how vpn works o.O and even how to do it.. LF> tut!

Burning
2014-03-12, 12:11
i dont know how vpn works o.O and even how to do it.. LF> tut!

Reddit to the rescue:
http://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/1z9npl/guide_how_to_use_a_vpn_to_unlock_titanfall_early/