PDA

View Full Version : Connection to Web/TS problem

MortalC12
2013-05-30, 21:52
Yo ppl

Since recently im having a weird issue by not being able to connect to this page.
That include TS im afraid. Was able to post here thx to using a proxy.

It seems that me or my provider - im not much in to that stuff sry - is being blocked by this site.
Team speak connect thro this page - more or less - and as such I cant even join the TS anymore.

Now that i think about it : can someone give me the IP adres of TS in numbers? ( not ts.oldguys... but actuall ip )

I myself em puzzled and clue less as to what where how and why. All i know is that i did not change anything on my end.

Think it was 2 days by now. IF anyone have any ideas, sollutions etc. etc. was there any changes to this page etc. etc.

I will be happy for any informations that can be helpful. Or just good intentions ;)

SkinnyG
2013-05-31, 09:12
I am afraid it does seem to be your PC or your provider causing this.

I conclude that from the following:

1. You can connect to the page through proxy. If the actual page was the cause, you should also not be able to connect through a proxy;
2. RPG stated that nothing has changed;
3. other members do not suffer this problem, neither on the website, nor on TS.

DNS lookup of ts.oldguys.eu on internet gives the following IP 178.32.3.32, but since I am not familiar with this, don't shoot me if this is wrong.

MortalC12
2013-05-31, 09:55
Ty Skinny !

I have finally connected to TS by using the IP u have provided, and i will keep connecting to this page by proxy.

No idea whats wrong as i check my firewalls/browsers/3rd party tools/add ons/hosts file/rounter etc. etc. etc. and everything seems to be ok.

Will keep trying and collecting data. It MAY - or may not ;p - be useful/helpful to someone in future* :)

*assuming that i will find a fix

Update: I have manually forced DNS serwers "208.67.222.222 & 208.67.220.220" etc. on my connection. That i think fixed the issue.
It seems the problem is with dns provider for my internet provider. Or so i understand at least. Anyway for now all should work again. Doh dosh beh so much googling >_>

It may prove useful to others in future if anything.

JimDijkstra86NL
2014-08-13, 13:57
On th Old Website 1 in 10.000 IP's was autoblocked by anti spambot.
If this is still the case please contact the website Administrator for a possible solution.
Administrators profile/page; http://www.oldguys.eu/member.php?1-Administrator
Please send him the details shown when you get the error or a screenshot if you can.

SkinnyG
2014-08-13, 15:25
Nice necro Jimmy [emoji12]

/closed since mortal never even made it into OG making this thread is no longer relevant.