PDA

View Full Version : saying hi only view complaints but like server.

NLB-Hawk
2013-05-01, 18:09
Hi everyone,just to say high and give you some feed back about your server,me and my son Lweekeson play from NLB clan ÂÂ*quite regularly on your server because we think it's a great server apart from a few times which i think you need to know about.

first one was that my son got kicked for shooting into uncap, not sure exactly what went on but we weren't in it and people were shooting at my son,he said he killed one of your admins and then he got kicked by him for shooting into uncap but your admin was running out of uncap and my son was around the flag area and your admin was just outside the zone maybe.

TBH most of our side were base raping and i told them to get back but i would have thought it would have been better to nuke rather than just kick my son as it's a bit unfair.

Also i got kicked as well i was second on score board which is unusual for me as i'm not as good as my son and i dot really understand why.

Anyway just letting you know your server is great nice website to and look forward to playing with you on server.

Regards

Hawk

Shadowfox
2013-05-01, 19:03
Hi, it is a common mistake made by many of our guests, but we consider baseraping to be shooting/moving past the last flag.
So for instance, shooting someone from the building on A while he's running on the lower streets, then you are baseraping.

It is explained in more detail here; http://oldguys.eu/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4630

Hangover
2013-05-01, 19:22
Hi Hawk and thanks for your lines. I wasent online on server #4 today when the episode happend that you describe. But as i said to you in the chat, it´s better to complain here than in the chatt.
It´s great that you and your son likes our servers. When it goes to server #4 Metro we have a rule thats says dont baserape.
We have a lot of regulars who have learnd that rule the hard way. We annonce every 30 seconds about that rule and the effect if you dont follow it.

Then it comes to, what is baserape and when are you baseraping. There is a good descripten about that here in our forum with a map over Metro that shows that the border for baseraping at C is at the flag. Don´t go in to the lockers at C and don´t shoot down the railway tracks behind C.

If you take A then hide in the street behind the A flag. Dont shoot in the RU spawn and in the square between the buildings and the spawn. You can´t even shoot in the street between the buildings and the squere. It maybe seems a little strange for you if you havent played like this before. But as you said before you like our servers and there is a reason for it. I´ll hope you understand that we use the tools we have to give all our players a good game. The rules goes for all of us.

Hangover

NLB-Hawk
2013-05-02, 14:07
i understand but what if you are shot at surely your allowed to shoot back no?

you can't even kill someone within the square between two buildings wow thats harsh,not being funny but might as well let them have A flag.

The thing is just an idea here to help don't make it too strict people will leave, on our serve we let people go around the A buildings and if shot at shoot back,it's hard to create a zone unless you are using the zone thing are you which i know you can get for procon are you?

Shadowfox
2013-05-02, 14:40
We're not using any zone-plugin as they don't work for BF3 (or at least thats what I've been told).
You are fine shooting people on the square between A buildings, once you go/shoot down the lower streets only then you are violating our rules.

I suggest you take a look at the topic linked in my first reply (this one: http://oldguys.eu/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4630) and check out the map.

Anf if you're being shot at, then get out of the line of fire. There's enough places to have a good defending position without being an easy target for deployment snipers.

Burning
2013-05-02, 15:57
If they can't see you, they will have to move up..
Simple :)

Hangover
2013-05-02, 17:48
Hi again Hawk. I really liked your gameplay today. You acted more like a admin on your team than a ordinary player :-)
Hope you and your son will play on our servers often. Thanks for some good rounds today :-)

macgyver1969
2013-05-02, 20:23
For an admin it's sometimes a chaos on server #4. It's hard to keep track on what's happening all over the map.

I can understand that an admin kicks someone, when he is killed in the savebase for the 4th or 5th time. But I understand your feeling, when you are the one that's beeing kicked.

I'm happy with your feedback here, you show us that there are still good people around that just try to explain in a nice way.

We should have more players on server #4 like that.

But in the mean time, these situations will unfortunately go on.

MacG