PDA

View Full Version : AMD 13.3 beta 3

Caveman
2013-04-01, 10:21
AMD relesed a new driver.

The AMD Catalystâ„¢ 13.3 Beta3 Driver can be downloaded from the following link:

AMD Catalyst 13.3 Beta3 for Windows (http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/AMD_Catalyst_13.3_Beta3.exe)

For Crossfire users among us do not forget to install crossfire profiles!

AMD Catalyst Application Profiles 12.11 CAP 2 (http://www2.ati.com/drivers/hotfix/catalyst_application_profiles/AMD_Catalyst_12.11_CAP2.exe)

Make sure you install the profiles after you installed the driver and enable them in CCC!

Changelog: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst13-3WINBetaDriver.aspx

How to install new driver:

Open new driver.

When started you get 2 options, go for remove old driver.

Remove old driver (make sure you remove everything) and reboot.

Install new driver.

Now install Crossfire profile

REBOOT

Enjoy

Safa246
2013-04-01, 23:49
Hey, Caveman, can you explain what you mean by "install crossfire profiles?" I don't think I have ever done that or know how to do it.

Ta very much
Ken

zladuric
2013-04-02, 16:39
Does this add to stability or performance?

Caveman
2013-04-03, 17:12
Hey Ken, if you don't install crossfire profiles you will never benefit from 2 ore more cards in crossfire.

Just download it and install it like you do with your driver. It opens a setup screen and is very simpel.

@ zladuric, what do you mean by that you mean the crossfire profiles or the driver itself?

This driver gives a more performance compared to older driver, also AMD is working on frametime fixes.
So it might make your game look smoother on the screen.

The crossfire profiles are only needed if you have more then 1 card in your system.
These are specific driver profiles for different games/programs so the driver will use both cards properly.

Safa246
2013-04-04, 10:39
Hi Cave

Thanks for your response - I have installed it (now and previously) but just didn't believe it could be that simple! The screenshot of CCC that I am attaching is the thing that confuses me - I assumed that I needed to install the CAP stuff and then change a setting on this screen to point CCC to the right bit of CAP for BF3 (FAR to many three letter acronyms there!)

c:\ccc screen shot.jpg

So what is this screen for then? Or should I just leave it alone?

Thanks as always for your help.

(And how do I embed images directly into this form - I can attach them to a PM but cant figure out how to do it here!)

(Not sure I have successfully attached the image - its the section in CCC under "Gaming" then "3D Application settings" then either system or application settings)

Safa246
2013-04-04, 10:39
Sorry, obviously didnt get the screen shot to attach - Ill pm it

Caveman
2013-04-04, 11:43
Just install CAP and leave it alone.

Make sure under the performance tab you check the checkbox in the CrossfireX page.

Safa246
2013-04-04, 13:31
Thanks Cave

zladuric
2013-04-05, 00:45
Cave, the dirvers watcher guy!

Thanks, old mate :)

PsychoEMT
2013-04-06, 03:47
Fooooo to AMD I say Fooooooooo