PDA

View Full Version : Server Update!

Shadowfox
2013-03-21, 15:35
Guys, I just updated server #3 and #5

Server #3 only got a namechange, since it's running fine at the moment, we decided to keep that one for now.
Server #5 has become the community server. This server has by default a Mixed maplist (Rush, Conquest, CTF) the idea behind it is that we can just change the mode/maps to whatever we feel like playing. (I made it mixed by default so people wouldn't be surprised)

When we launched the community server, people didn't really got the idea behind it, so I'll try to explain.
A community server, is a server where other players come to play with OUR COMMUNITY. At the moment, the regulars we have on our servers, come to play the map/mode the server is running but with the community server we're trying to attract players who don't care what they're playing as long as they can do it with OG members.

Therefor whenever you guys feel like playing something, just use that server. Any staff member can change the map/mode, if needed we can still give some of you guys the ability too.

Have fun & feedback is welcome :)

May I also ask if people updated their Roster Profile?
Just go to the Roster (http://oldguys.eu/modules.php?name=Clan_Members) and scroll all the way down, you'll find the "Change Your Info" link at the bottom of the page.
Thanks!

Macknetic
2013-03-22, 17:33
I must admit I have that feeling quite often that I feel like playing a specific map/mode and OG servers are not offering that at the time. I barely play on any of the eight OG servers except for OG #1 Caspian (and the OG #3 Aftermath before it was removed) both of which I absolutely love. Therefore I think this Community server is a great idea!

Me and a couple of other OG's I play with on a regular basis have already been talking about an ideal server setup that we think would be quite popular and that we ourselves would enjoy spending many hours of playing on. As one of the more activce BF3 OG's I would very much appreciate some additional admin rights for this server so I can adapt server settings to current map/mode preferences if needed and help make OG #5 into a cool server that people will come back to.

You can find me on TS almost every evening for a chat guys! Cya there.

macgyver1969
2013-03-22, 18:27
Lots of "taste" for everybody. Let's try it out soon.

Shadowfox
2013-03-23, 11:23
We'll discus those additional rights Macknetic.

PsychoEMT
2013-03-23, 15:32
I read the damned thing, happy now Nicolai :P j/p I agree with the setup hopefully it works.

Macknetic
2013-04-03, 12:10
Please check out this new thread for more on Server #5:

http://www.oldguys.eu/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6596

Thanks!