PDA

View Full Version : Changes to M416?

Macknetic
2013-03-20, 09:16
The M416 is my favorite weapon but after the release of Endgame it somehow feels different. At medium range it feels a little less accurate and accuracy was the reason I loved this weapon. It's also the main reason it could compete with the other top assualt weapons. But if I fire 8-10 round bursts at a wall from medium range now to check the grouping there always seems to be a couple of rounds that land that land way outside the spot I aimed at. This makes me sad......

Anyone else having the same experience by any chance?

Burning
2013-03-20, 12:21
I haven't played since endgame so I can't comment on that. But I can tell you there was no change in the patchnotes to it. Maybe it has to do with a tweak to the M16A3.

Since both guns fire the same bullet. So are using the same bullet object in the files. It could be very well that a change to that object afflicts all guns across the board. And since it's 5.56x45mm NATO, ÂÂ*that is alot of guns potentially.

That's just speculation of me though.

Macknetic
2013-03-22, 17:12
Yesterday I played some rounds of TDM with the M416 and it spot on like good old times. The problems I had might have been a server specific issue or it might have been all in my head. ÂÂ*:wink:

macgyver1969
2013-03-22, 18:29
It's a weapon I used a lot. Lately I try different ones.

I'll try it again and see if I notice any changes. But mostly when I suck (like always) I just blame myself and not the weapon. ÂÂ*:lol:

PsychoEMT
2013-03-23, 15:37
I resemble Macgyver's remarks, when I suck I blame myself too. :D