PDA

View Full Version : OFTEN BASERAPE ON OMAN OG3 ALLOWED OR NO ???

NIKISHOOTER
2013-03-16, 13:27
I would love to ask only one thing about baserape...!!!

テつ* テつ*If we type : !rules : there is nothing mentioned about baserapeing. I can say like Vercetti said for Battlefield 3 with his replay: "baserape is insane when it goes bad" and specially at OMAN OG3 is worst then any other map... when enemie team starting to baserape with jets and combat heli, a game can be disgusted for a moment from such an often baserape. Sometimes when we got killed from enemie jets from their baserape 1or 2 seconds after reloading the game you can see yourself again game is loading from 10seconds cos you died again, sometimes you cant even move 1 feet from the place you got killed before few seconds.

Thanks in advance!

Besnik

Veviistyle
2013-03-16, 14:45
I would go with the baseraping rule, because its idiotic to go in a enemy Home base and kill people that spawn there or even destroy base vehicles before they even leave the base... It is anoying to the max..

SkinnyG
2013-03-16, 16:29
You got my vote on this!

bebe
2013-03-16, 18:24
Like Stompy said once: a bit of baseraping is always good and might make the game more alive.

I don't often suffer from baserapers, coz you never find me sitting at base and waiting for a miracle, like heli/jet waiters. I'm always on a move. How often baseraper kills me in game? Once in a hundred rounds.

Ive seen soooo many times how people just staying at heli spot テつ*in the amount of five, staying on a jets spots in the amount of six, and when they all got killed they start to whine, like: "ahhhh you stupid motherf*cker, you don't let us get out from our base, kick him admin. he ruins our game (tears tears)" - BULLSHIT. If you want to leave your base - you always can.

So I vote to add in !rules command "no insane baseraping" for example.
We cannot completely forbid base attacks because sometimes team has 4 flags, total dominating.
And in my opinion it is a time to rape enemies base like a crazy, to make them move.

If anybody wants to stay at base and whine - better to go offline.
I suffer not from baserapers, but from idlers in my team.

IMO.

NIKISHOOTER
2013-03-17, 23:58
All your words are dedicaded to me... Lovely answer bebe, thank you very much for your help bro !!!

SkinnyG
2013-03-18, 09:02
For arguments sake:

Breaking out of US base (carrier) テつ*when RU has capped all flags is easier than for RU (Airfield) when US has capped all flags.
The ways out of RU base are limited to roads that can easiliy be observed by anyone standing on the hill behind D flag (mind you: with a pretty big rock on top to take cover as well for the observers). All roads directly towards C and D are going upwards, making running/driving slow. Both roads going to B are either long or close to the hill behind D, ideal to be destroyed by RPG, because then there are plenty of taggers around (almost only way to score points as attacker at that stage).

From the carrier you can at least take a fast boat, stay on the edge of the allowed part on the map and circle to either B
or D pretty much unseen, unless there are observers way down on the beach. Normally all RU players will hang out at A, so chances are pretty good.

This is a difference imo that makes the map unbalanced under heavy baseraping/ A flag raping.

Of course all is dependant on the ability of the team to work together and not start running solo......but I have to admit, running solo can make a difference when on US side (done it myself plenty of times, D is best option because of further distance to A, which gives you a little more time to cap the flag, strategically placing a medic flare around D is also crucial then).

Nobody likes a very unbalanced game, it is no fun and definitely not good for scores either.

Unfortunately, I don't have the solution in definition, because not allowing any shots going into base/A flag/Carrier would make this map sort of unplayable.
And (no offense bebe!) imo a criterium as "insane" テつ*is way too open for interpretation (what is insane for 1 can be totally acceptable for another), which would lead to a lot of discussion when people get kicked because of the rule.

I'll try a suggestion anyway, maybe "no shots/bombs to be fired into/ontoairfield or carrier" could be of some help.

Still leaves the possibility to close off the exits, but at least gives the opportunity to spawn and try to get out, instead of being killed at spawn or be left without any vehicles at all.

NIKISHOOTER
2013-03-18, 09:51
Good sayin Legacy69. well at the end: It is what it is... i know my self not like a camper. But everytime i am in the base i am for one reason : waiting for heli cos i love to fly that damn heli so much :).

RPGforYOU
2013-03-18, 10:37
Like I said multiple times.

Spawnkilling is allowed spawn raping is not this includes Base raping.
(Since you spawn at base, right ;) )

To determine what is spawnrape and what is not. If a person camps at a position close or in the spawn, with the intention to stay there and kill players when they spawn is labeled as spawn rape. A player passing by the spawn and killing players that spawned in his environment with the intention not to stay at the spawn place is not considered spawn rape.

To determine Baserape all bases should be taken from the ally team, otherwise you can not speak of a baserape. When players have the intention to stay or be in the environment of the base with the intention to continuous kill players in the base is considered as base rape and therefore not allowed. A jet passing by once and dropping a bomb and killing players will not be considered as base rape. If this is happening in a repetitive way this will be considered as baserape since he has the intention to kill continuous players by flying by and dropping bombs in the base.

The interpretation of the intentions of the player is free to judge by the OG member/mod/admin.

This are the guidelines every player should follow on OG servers and it's the obligation of OG members to enforce them!
I hope this clears it up.

SkinnyG
2013-03-18, 11:09
RPG, thanks for the explanation!

Clear and workable imo!

Maybe sticky this (your text only) somewhere for newcomers or so that members can just point violators to that sticky for more explanation?

The Community Rules, Article 7 "Server Rules and Conduct" テつ*is not as elaborate on this subject as what you wrote here and I think therefore your text is more clear!

NIKISHOOTER
2013-03-18, 11:22
This is just what I expected to be answered from RPG :) cos i accept rarly passin on enemy base and throwing bombs and not every 20-30 seconds !

Thank you very much RPG!

P.s: if you dont mind can i make a new post : >>> FOR EVERYONE WHO FLY JET <<<

ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ*""" A jet passing by once and dropping a bomb and killing players

ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ*will not be considered as base rape. If this is happening in a repetitive

ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ*way this will be considered as baserape since he has the intention to

ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ* ツ*kill continuous players by flying by and dropping bombs in the base. """

error.exe
2013-03-18, 17:54
Like I said multiple times.

Spawnkilling is allowed spawn raping is not this includes Base raping.
(Since you spawn at base, right ;) )

To determine what is spawnrape and what is not. If a person camps at a position close or in the spawn, with the intention to stay there and kill players when they spawn is labeled as spawn rape. A player passing by the spawn and killing players that spawned in his environment with the intention not to stay at the spawn place is not considered spawn rape.

To determine Baserape all bases should be taken from the ally team, otherwise you can not speak of a baserape. When players have the intention to stay or be in the environment of the base with the intention to continuous kill players in the base is considered as base rape and therefore not allowed. A jet passing by once and dropping a bomb and killing players will not be considered as base rape. If this is happening in a repetitive way this will be considered as baserape since he has the intention to kill continuous players by flying by and dropping bombs in the base.

The interpretation of the intentions of the player is free to judge by the OG member/mod/admin.

This are the guidelines every player should follow on OG servers and it's the obligation of OG members to enforce them!
I hope this clears it up.

God its so hot when you show athoriteh!

bebe
2013-03-18, 22:46
To determine Baserape all bases should be taken from the ally team, otherwise you can not speak of a baserape.

Thats the main thing for me.
Not sure if all got this like it should be tho

SkinnyG
2013-03-19, 08:39
Exactly bebe.

That is why I suggested RPG sticky that definition somewhere.

He might have said this repeatedly, but being new around here myself, I have not heard that yet, nor can I read it in the Community Rules, Arcticle 7.

It therefore seems to be an "unwritten rule/law/definition" which means that there is a big chance for confusion between those that know and follow the unwritten rule and those that don't know it.

I again stress that this is stickied somewhere, or on second thought better, that this is added to the Community Rules, Article 7.