PDA

View Full Version : New theme

Shadowfox
2013-02-15, 16:48
As you can see guys, the theme isn't 100% done yet. (Forum icons, ...)
I will be working on those this weekend, in the meanwhile I wanted our members to give us some feedback, maybe give us some hints/tips on what else should be different?

Burning
2013-02-15, 17:33
Maybe a Mobile layout?
Dropdown menus are a pain for mobile devices. especially on 3g networks.

Site improved with the removal of the Flash plugin :D that saves me data.

Caveman
2013-02-15, 18:02
Maybe we can make a tapatalk forum plugin for mobile access

Hangover
2013-02-15, 18:08
Give the mobileinterface to Gisse. He´s a pro

Macknetic
2013-02-15, 19:24
Nice work on the new themes guys. Looks sharp!

One minor thing I noticed is the use of colors in the TS plugin on the left side of the front page. On the OG Academy site the names of players Â*and channels are in different colors. On the main OG site they are the same color which makes it hard to distinquish between player names and channel names.

And, also on the front page, the little buttons for scrolling the shout box are now invisible against the black background.

Totally unimportant details of course, I don't want to be a 'miereneuker' (classic Dutch proverb). Just trying to help iron out some tiny flaws.

Anyway, thanks for all the effort you guys have been putting into this.

macgyver1969
2013-02-15, 19:40
It's good to have a new and fresh theme. Hope it will be fast too.

A moblie layout would be great, because the website is hard to visit on a phone.

Vercetti
2013-02-15, 19:44
@ Mack, that 'mierenneuken' is good, so we know what to improve. Good call on the shoutbox.

@ others, Tapatalk plugin is not possible, tried that, also been asked to the developers. However in the future, after the next major update, it could be possible (the devs are working on it).

MI-six
2013-02-16, 00:48
In explore 10 is the menu not working.
We are looking for a solution :D

0daro0
2013-02-16, 19:06
Its look oke in first time but it looks messy o.O

if iam honest i dont like it!

Vercetti
2013-02-16, 20:05
That's not really helping Robin:

- What is messy?
- What makes it look messy?
- What would improve it?

- What don't you like?
- What makes it that you don't like it
- What would improve it?

0daro0
2013-02-17, 00:41
OK! i will give some answers.
and sorry of the rude! asnwer.

- What is messy? um to many black, the logo's on the forum are a bit hard to see( not that i need glasses) but i just dont think its
- What makes it look messy? ÂÂ*I think it need more White arround corners,Logo's homepage.

- What don't you like? as be fore a bit to much Black. homepage and forum bars.
- What makes it that you don't like it
- What would improve it? il hoop up on TS to talk about it , I think its better :D and easier to say o.O

zladuric
2013-02-17, 17:45
Umm, I have a stupid suggestion. Since most of the Old Guys are, you know, old, they mostly have a job. And they have to go to the job. And browsing the BF forum at work looks unprofessional and not really old - not that I'm saying we're doing that at work. *whistles innocently*

Would it be too much work to make the forum skinnable? Ie, I would like to have an option to select a Work-friendly theme for myself. So if somebody steals my credentials and browses this forum from my work laptop, it would look just like another software or something forum :)

Shadowfox
2013-02-17, 18:43
Theme's are being forced by the domain, so no we can't help you there.
But there is an addon out there on the www that lets you redesign websites (i think it works with greasemonkey).
Maybe you could be helped with that (and that would go beyond just OG's website ;))

Burning
2013-02-17, 22:23
We used to have different layouts and themes for the site?
Why is that functionality gone now?

Vercetti
2013-02-17, 22:52
The old theme was causing trouble, and to streamline it we decided to force the theme upon domain. (Others were also not working properly with some screen resolutions.

Hangover
2013-02-18, 06:45
The new layout seems faster to load. If i klick on Teamspeak i have to put in the password to be able to connect. Could be a problem for those who doesent know it.

Could be a good idea to put the whole TS adress and password on the mainpage like Janbo asked for.

I have used the layout for a couple of days now and i works fine. You have done a great job. It´s a matter of changing old habbits.

Caveman
2013-02-19, 06:34
Anyone already fixed the internet explorer fuckup?
Cause it worked flawlesly on the dev website!

C4b4nossi
2013-02-19, 09:16
No complains so far. Loads a lot faster and seems more organized. Good improvement!

RPGforYOU
2013-02-19, 13:51
If i klick on Teamspeak i have to put in the password to be able to connect. Could be a problem for those who doesent know it.
Could be a good idea to put the whole TS adress and password on the mainpage like Janbo asked for.

I have looked for a solution and found one. :)

ts3server://176.62.193.57:9988?nickname=Guest?password=oldguys

If frank or edward or w/e changes the url to that url the client will connect without the need to enter the password. :)

Macknetic
2013-02-25, 18:52
Found a small fail in the new theme. On the Community > Roster page the little dropdown menu's don't appear for the main tab buttons. Only the 'Home' button is clickable.