PDA

View Full Version : Crysis 3?

zladuric
2013-02-05, 18:58
Has anybody tried it? What do you think?

I tried this demo hunter mode, it could be kind of fun as a teamplay game :)

ExLee
2013-02-05, 22:56
Crysis series is dead to me...

To elaborate my point I have to go back to Crysis 2:
Crysis 2 was not a bad game but compared to Crysis 1 extremely dumbed down for the consoles pretty much in every aspect of the game: From gameplay, to controls, to graphics and even story was changed to fit in with console demographic.
Multiplayer was also extremely reduced from C1 where it resembled more like a combination between Battlefield and Counter Strike with huge open maps and a lot of weapons/vehicles that you could buy with points earned on the battlefield. While in C2 it was all about infantry combat with perks, small maps and boring weapons. Yet it still had its own twist with the nano-suit which made things still a bit challenging and interesting (and I admit I played quite a bit of C2) but overall it felt more like it was going the Call of Duty path and that's probably why the game was dead 4-5 months after launch.

But now Crysis 3 came out, I played about 10 hours of the demo and I can tell you that it is VERY, VERY BAD... Reasons being that all the challenge from Crysis 2 is gone and the game is really nothing more than Call of Duty clone with the nano-suit as a gimmick. The suit has now separate energy bars and sprint/jump has none which removes the need for energy management almost completely. Some weapon/perk combinations are overpowered while other weapons are nearly useless. The suit feels like it's made out of paper because it takes few shots to kill even with armor activated. Melee kills most of the time in one hit but even if it's two hits the time between the swings is so short it's irrelevant. And these are only few problems that make the game less challenging.
For me the game is simply too easy, I can go 20/5 in each round playing with my feet... It feels like Call of Duty not Crysis and I admit I enjoyed it once in a while but it's more like fast food: Tastes okay, satisfies the needs but afterwards you have a bad taste your mouth...

tl;dr
So what I'm saying is that the series went from a very good and interesting as well challenging game over an "okay" game that only scratched C1's glory to a shit game made only to get as much cash from CoD kiddies as possible. Thanks EA ! ツ*:roll:

FluggerNO
2013-02-06, 00:55
I realy love the hunter mode.
MI-six and me had some fun there for sure テつ*:D

MI-six
2013-02-06, 11:32
I have order the game :D
I think the game will be good and what i have see テつ*the hunter mode is nice.

Macknetic
2013-02-06, 11:43
I'm mostly interested in the single player campaign. Think the multiplayer is a byproduct in this series so that's why it's not that well developed. Crysis 1 single player was awesome, 2 was also cool. Hope 3 will offer a lengthy single player experience as well.

The graphics will probably look amazing as with all the games in this series. Zladuric, check out these teasers. Great stuff!

http://www.crysis.com/us/crysis-3/7-wonders

Burning
2013-02-06, 11:48
Played Beta, and i'm with Exlee

It's fun, but not something I whould play very long, so not worth 50 bucks for me.

Main problem is that you just feel it's a console game
Mainly Mouse Acceleration is just terrible, It took me 20 min just to get proper mousesettings.

Huntermode was, euhm ,special. It was not as unbalanced as i though it would be. You have a feeling of 'fear' when you play as C.E.L.L (the guys getting hunted). You have this uncomfortable feeling of being hunted. So that has effect indeed. As a Hunter, using Bow is pretty challenging. I found that the balance swifts to quick once there are more hunters.

As for the capture mode. It's like battlefield with Dynamic Flags and small cap zones. Found grenade spam and such to be pretty bad there. Overal, it's a console game for sure. Is it terrible? no. Does it live up to Crysis 1's Legacy? No not at all.

Is it worth 50-60 bucks? For me, no , I am a poor motherfucker :P But overall, it's worth picking up for 10-15 bucks in a while IMO.

It's a game that is pretty easy (for me) and at time extremely frustrating. Mainly due to "stupid" deaths. Guys sitting in corner with Cloak and a Shotgun. People meleeing all the time. Cheap tactics are easy to abuse with the nano-suit. But this has been a problem in crysis 2 aswell.

Beta was kinda buggy aswell. Now you can say, ow it's beta. But I sorta feel it's going to stay that way until atleast a couple of months after launch. If support doesn't drop instantly like it did for Crysis 2.

My overall recommendation for picking this up is. Don't. Not now, wait till a few month after release for
A: Price to drop
B: Bugs and other drama and issues to be gone.

Mostly same story as Battlefield 3. EA crunching their Top Series to be sold more and accesable to mainstream/Console audience. Sacrificing the uniqueness and core components of the serie for the sake of sales.
Happend to Battlefield, Need for Speed, Crysis, Mass Effect...
But , I will not go on about that here..

FluggerNO
2013-02-06, 12:34
Bugs?. Havent see`n theme yet.
Smal?. big?. 4 legs or 6 or 8?.

But for real. I havent see`n bugs yet.

ExLee
2013-02-06, 13:28
One man's bug is another man's feature.

There are sometimes some weird shit going that one may not notice if he didn't play Crysis 2 or doesn't have a good perception ツ*:roll:
For example: I sometimes slide on the ground for about 20 or so meters without stopping; sometimes hit detection is all over the place and I get headshots by shooting the stomach or I get killed around corners (classic); sometimes quick match sends me to a server in Australia; sometimes I melee a guy who is behind me or to my side; weapons damage seems inconsistent when I sometimes die after 3 shots and sometimes after 10; ツ*sometimes Air Stomp kills me from miles away when I'm armored even if the guys jumps off a 5 meter high ledge; thrown shield kills enemies in one hit even from very far away when it pretty much has lost all it's momentum; cloaked enemies are very easy to spot which kinda eliminates the point of being invisible; ridiculous amount of motion blur that you can only disabled via console commands as well as mouse acceleration; FOV slider only available after you joined a server and how about the INCREDIBLY long range on the Marshall shotgun that kills you in one shot even if you're armored...

Are these bugs ? I dunno, you decide...

MI-six
2013-02-06, 14:30
Are we talking about 2 or Crysis 3?
Maybe you must look it from a new point of view 8O

Macknetic
2013-02-06, 15:35
Yeah man, the game is so bad it actually violates human rights agreements! Elite spec ops teams are being inserted as we speak to lift the dev's from their beds and transport them to Guantanamo Bay. Intelligence suggests EA has been spearheading an international shadow conspiracy which generates funds by sucking gamers dry through subliminal messaging and mind control. ツ* 8O

Still gonna play the single player campaign though.

FluggerNO
2013-02-06, 16:07
Yeah man, the game is so bad it actually violates human rights agreements! Elite spec ops teams are being inserted as we speak to lift the dev's from their beds and transport them to Guantanamo Bay. Intelligence suggests EA has been spearheading an international shadow conspiracy which generates funds by sucking gamers dry through subliminal messaging and mind control. ツ* 8O

Still gonna play the single player campaign though.

ROFL テつ*:lol: nice post.

I`m also going to play the single player for sure.
But I will also play multiplayer hunter mode.
For the rest of you that still dont like this game or any new game that have been made the last years テつ*:arrow: I hope they in the future make a game that is awesome for ya.
If not it looks like you need to travle back in time and stay by the game you like there.

I say play the game for what it is and enjoy it. Dont compare it to other games out there. There will never be two games that are the same.
:D

Burning
2013-02-06, 16:13
I`m also going to play the single player for sure.

Will certainly play singleplayer aswell

For the rest of you that still dont like this game or any new game that have been made the last years ツ*:arrow: I hope they in the future make a game that is awesome for ya.
If not it looks like you need to travle back in time and stay by the game you like there.

Certainly hope so aswell. There are Dev's out there being innovative and such. But I certainly do not expect EA to produce anything amazing anytime soon :)
Deadspace 3, 60 bucks game with microtransactions like a f2p game. They must thing, hmm why not do both, AND ASK MONEY IN SHOP, AND ask money for buy stuff ingame. That's am amazing idea isn't it :)

I say play the game for what it is and enjoy it. Dont compare it to other games out there. There will never be two games that are the same.
:D

If you don't compare anything they can make games worse and worse and worse and worse without you noticing it. We are PC gamers, not Console. We are an elitist group, we are hardcore critics, and we should be.

Our Master-race platform SHALL NOT DESCEND TO THE PEASANTRY CONSOLE LEVEL. :D
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-jnwqezP86Ww/Td_WTq9dxoI/AAAAAAAAAiI/GUzKdsxq4XQ/s1600/pcgamingmasterrace.jpg

ExLee
2013-02-06, 22:43
^^ AHA ! I'm not the only one using Zero Punctuation jokes :D

No but seriously...
As a Crysis veteran I HAVE TO compare C3 to previous games and I can't just look from a "different point of view", Six (unless I erase my memory). And if you all think it's fun then hooray for you that all those flashy graphics, bass driven sounds and exciting shooty action distract you from maintaining a coherent thought long enough to realize how tedious it all is. I'm not gonna judge you, it's your choice but if 10 years from now we'll only play "Captain Bland's Monotonous Adventure (http://i.imgur.com/pQXIRRh.png)" because you took everything for granted and never questioned the publishers then you'll have absolutely no right to complain...

And maybe I will go back in time and play old games, Flugger ! :D Because old games are the best ! I'm playing BF2 (along with Project Reality mod) and Stalker right now. Both are very challenging and interesting so I'm happier and have more fun with them than any of the newer games that came out recently (except maybe for Far Cry 3 and Hotline Miami).

P.S. Oh yeah, and I think singleplayer is the only part of Crysis 3 worth playing even though the writing in the last games was sub-par at best so I wouldn't expect an awesome and engaging story. This along with shitty unchallenging multiplayer is why the game is definitely not worth 50竄ャ. I'll just call my good friend Captain Blackbeard to get the game for me テつ*:lol: