PDA

View Full Version : A machinima for Battlefield veterans !

ExLee
2013-02-01, 15:48
Found a really good video comparing BF2 with BF3 in a funny kinda way and pointing the flaws or rather the things that are missing in BF3. Keep watching up until the 10 minute mark, that's when things kick off テつ*:wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc7YUvh3VHA

I love those BF2 inside jokes and references :D (One might not get them if never played BF2)

error.exe
2013-02-01, 16:15
Awesome! テつ*8)
Memories of the good ol' times!

macgyver1969
2013-02-01, 17:48
Funny movie, but it's not all bad in BF3.

Shadowfox
2013-02-01, 17:59
This was linked in the description and is worth the time to read.
Even though I am a 'newcomer' to BF, I totally agree with every thing he says.

http://www.mordorhq.com/showthread.php?3880-The-True-Story-of-Battlefield-3-the-Battlefield-Franchise-Its-Community-amp-EA-DICE

ExLee
2013-02-02, 09:49
Funny movie, but it's not all bad in BF3.

Of course not... This video is not supposed to portray BF2 as angel descended from heavens and BF3 as turd in a toilet. It just shows that admittedly BF3 is inferior game to BF2 from the gameplay perspective and features were dropped or added with no apparent reason. That article in the description and Shadow mentions here summarizes really well how DICE failed in making BF3 a "true successor" to BF2.

What I like the most about the video are the small things mentioned that have been changed and slipped past most of the player's minds like the ammo-pool instead of mag-pool, terrible Russian accents that are forced onto you, getting awards for doing almost nothing, removal of different factions etc...

Shadowfox
2013-02-02, 12:48
If they had simply called BF3, Bad Company 3 all would have been fine.
Fact is they lied on several occasions about pretty much every aspect of the game and that is what pisses people off so much.

DICE has lost all credibility on my end, and as I said before this was my first DICE game and my last.

Burning
2013-02-02, 13:37
If they had simply called BF3, Bad Company 3 all would have been fine.
Fact is they lied on several occasions about pretty much every aspect of the game and that is what pisses people off so much.

DICE has lost all credibility on my end, and as I said before this was my first DICE game and my last.

I couldn't agree more with this.
They ruined it, made it mainstream for sales. Because all these 13 year olds can't stand a learning curve..

I reckon we should go back and play Bf2. Because it's awesome and because many of our BF3 group have never played it.

ExLee
2013-02-02, 14:26
Fuck yeah ! I'd be up for it, just let me dust off my BF2 DVD :D Anyone else who would be joining ?

Shadowfox
2013-02-02, 23:26
I wish I could, I bought it when it was on sale in Origin, but the fact is that BF3 gfx ruined every other shooter out there.
I know gfx aren't the only thing, but I just can't stand looking at square faces anymore :(

Burning
2013-02-03, 12:03
I wish I could, I bought it when it was on sale in Origin, but the fact is that BF3 gfx ruined every other shooter out there.
I know gfx aren't the only thing, but I just can't stand looking at square faces anymore :(

You mean you are addicted to Supernova Lensflares and blue everywhere
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23464273.jpg

Macknetic
2013-02-03, 15:22
Almost everyone in this clan loved or loves playing BF3. Some people still enjoy it every day, others have moved on to other games. I can't imagine that any of these guys find it fun or entertaining to read all the negative posts about the game that a couple of players keep placing on this forum. I totally understand if you are tired of a game after playing it so much, that's only natural. But to be constantly critizing the game and it's developers after first having enjoyed playing it for hundreds of hours is is a little silly, not to mention hypocritical.

Burning
2013-02-03, 16:43
Don't read them if you don't like it.
Also, we have as much right to say our opinions as you do. Weither you like what we say or not.
And, Loved? I think you are exaggerating a bit here Macknetic..

ExLee
2013-02-03, 18:22
Opinions, opinions everywhere :D
No need for an argument here, people, it's just a funny video that is not meant to be taken to seriously. That article though...
Well everyone has to admit it has some valid points with most of them being nothing less than facts. I think disagreeing with facts is pretty much just unrelenting denial and DICE is good at denial. I mean just read further into that thread and you'll see DICE devs responding to that article by ignoring and/or denying everything and zh1nt0 even smack-talking like a 13 year old douche...

Onto some brighter thoughts: I played few rounds of BF2 today and by god was that a lot of fun :D Normally it takes me one or two rounds on BF3 before I totally rage but for some reason in BF2 today I found everything so comical like getting ragdolized 20 feet in the air because a tank hit me or dying 3 times in a row because I was getting crushed by car stuck in a wall or seeing 3 medics rush to revive someone only to be killed by my grande launcher and make synchronized backflips :lol: Good times...

Gisse
2013-02-03, 19:13
Don't know for you ladies but i lost some 800+ hours of life in this game and i am not regretting single minute of it.

Macknetic
2013-02-03, 19:29
Also, we have as much right to say our opinions as you do. Weither you like what we say or not.

There is expressing your opinion and there is complaining about every little detail in a game. I don't like the sun, I don't like the colors, I don't like the shooting, I don't like the dev's....etc. For someone who didn't love the game you sure played it a lot. テつ*8)

Of course you have a right to share your opinion. No one said you didn't. I just don't get what your trying to proove with the constant negativity about a game many OG's still really enjoy. No one appointed you to be the clan's game critic or anything.

Your an ok dude and you clearly know a lot about games, maybe that's why your so opinionated about them. But let's not get into a heated debate here. I kinda already lost interest. テつ*:wink:

Shadowfox
2013-02-03, 22:27
Almost everyone in this clan loved or loves playing BF3. Some people still enjoy it every day, others have moved on to other games. I can't imagine that any of these guys find it fun or entertaining to read all the negative posts about the game that a couple of players keep placing on this forum. I totally understand if you are tired of a game after playing it so much, that's only natural. But to be constantly critizing the game and it's developers after first having enjoyed playing it for hundreds of hours is is a little silly, not to mention hypocritical.
I enjoyed BF3, because it was 'new' ... and a game I love, is a game that can hold my interest after the shine wears off if you understand what I mean. But then the things that started to bug me began to outweigh the things I liked about it. (Ex; The explosions and destruction look amazing at first, but after seeing it happen for 6 times you can tell exactly what building collapses which way before it actually happens. Thats not what I expected when they made all that fuzz about the destruction level in Frostbiteツイ)

Then I started reading up on the stuff I thought I saw advertised and suddenly dissappearing, wondering if I had imagined things. I came across some pretty embarrassing stuff, or at least to my standards but DICE/EA don't seem to find it such a big deal.

Turns out that even the PAID DLC! can't seem to hold my interest for longer then a couple of days, a week at best. While I am used to having games where the community could make maps and I had a new one every day/week for FREE! Then suddenly the so called premium drops and all that are just some stupid pictures.

And again, to end on a positive note, I did enjoy battlefield both on PS3 and PC! PS3 was fun because it was completely new, then turned to PC and the 64p maps were new to me, shortly after that I joined OG and the game came to its highpoint.

Gisse
2013-02-04, 07:40
Can anyone show official "promisses"? Just asking becouse i am curiouse what they promissed.

Burning
2013-02-04, 15:35

There is expressing your opinion and there is complaining about every little detail in a game. I don't like the sun, I don't like the colors, I don't like the shooting, I don't like the dev's....etc. For someone who didn't love the game you sure played it a lot. ツ*8)

Of course you have a right to share your opinion. No one said you didn't. I just don't get what your trying to proove with the constant negativity about a game many OG's still really enjoy. No one appointed you to be the clan's game critic or anything.

Your an ok dude and you clearly know a lot about games, maybe that's why your so opinionated about them. But let's not get into a heated debate here. I kinda already lost interest. ツ*:wink:

It's hard to explain ,and yes you are correct I do know alot about games, usually the whole process around it. Because it intrests me alot.

In short. It just hurts to see such a great franchise being destroyed. It makes me mad to see the legacy of battlefield getting shit on for the sake of sales..
Have to vent my frustration some way. And I am glad I have some like minded here, Shadow, Exlee.

Can anyone show official "promisses"? Just asking becouse i am curiouse what they promissed.

"E-Sports is a main focus"
"True Battlefield 2 succesor"
"PC will be lead platform"

To quote a few thing's they said and never made true.
Same goes for "Bring 5 new vehicle spec's back into the base game" Advertised with Armored Kill, which they conveniently removed.

You can read alot more on this in the article Shadowfox posted on the first page of this Topic. The Mordor-HQ Forum post.

Shadowfox
2013-02-04, 17:40
Proof is hard to find these days Gisse, since they simply edited/removed the official statements.

Caveman
2013-02-04, 18:49
Mwa i did never see any of this "official" statements, and trust me i followd bf3 news like no one ever did from the first hint that there was a new game coming from dice.

A lot of things where blindly posted by big gamesites and a lot of things where just what they hoped that BF3 would be.

Secondly remember that Dice is controlled by EA so even if they intended something to be in the game and not made is maybe not their disission.

And now i would like to tell you all to stop winning and play what ever you like! テつ*:idea: テつ*:idea:

macgyver1969
2013-02-04, 21:10
What a sad topic this became. テつ*:cry:

Thx for standing up for the BF3 players Macknetic. テつ*8)

Gisse
2013-02-05, 08:03
Start filing up servers テつ*:twisted:

ExLee
2013-02-05, 11:13
Well this escalated quickly... To make this more clear: I think nobody here "hates" BF3 some of us are just disappointed with DICE and how the game turned out. That's all :)

Note to self: Don't make threads criticizing Battlefield 3 テつ*:lol:

macgyver1969
2013-02-05, 20:44
Note to self: Don't make threads criticizing Battlefield 3 ツ*:lol:

Good idea. テつ*:lol:

b4lder
2013-02-06, 09:52
right! テつ*bla bla bla..:) テつ* テつ*We should use more time and energy to organizing some clan matches "BF3 players" :P

Burning
2013-02-06, 10:52
What a sad topic this became. ツ*:cry:

Sadly it's all true though. I rather wish it wasn't myself.
Exlee is right, we don't hate bf3
It just makes me mad EA ruins all their series for sake of sales

Mass effect
Battlefield
Deadspace
Need for Speed
Crysis
Dragon Age

Shadowfox
2013-02-06, 19:58
not just EA ...

Starcraft, Diablo 3, COD, ... all under Activision.

Gisse
2013-02-07, 06:35
right! ツ*bla bla bla..:) ツ* ツ*We should use more time and energy to organizing some clan matches "BF3 players" :P

I can find you clan which will wuup your ass but i can't be there as i don't know when kid is going to sleep :(

If you are all interested say when to start organising.