PDA

View Full Version : Path of Exile!

Pubbe
2013-01-28, 20:26
Just wanted to share this game i found, a friend told me that this game is really awsome. Even better than diablo 3.

Path of exile got everything diablo 3 didnt have!

only awsomeness! テつ*:)

So what does this cost then? well, nothing! free to play, and easy to install and everything!

Here is a clip of a guy explaining how everyting works and all the awsomeness in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b0b7E7rauY

its open beta atm! :wink: テつ*:wink:

And one more thing, the talent tree is freaking beautiful!

0daro0
2013-01-29, 00:48
i tried it, but i have no cleu what to do. but i have to need some more info about the game :D

XxDutchxGreedxX
2013-01-29, 03:43
i played it the first time it went CB and i didnt really like the game so i voted NO!

Shadowfox
2013-01-29, 05:18
If it's better then Diablo3, then I might try it.

ExLee
2013-01-29, 12:00
Looks kinda nice but microtransactions ? I dunno how I feel about that... Voted "maybe".

JimDijkstra86NL
2013-01-29, 14:41
looks huge.
rpg's are not my kind of gameplay but it defenetly dousn't look to bad at all. -voted for;mwaa maybe-

Burning
2013-01-29, 15:07
Anything is better than Diablo ^^

But no ,I totally hate Diablo's pointless farming grind gamestyle. No point in getting better items, to defeat monsters better, to get better items, to defeat monster even faster, to get better items...
There isn't really a point in diablo.

Is this game different?

Pubbe
2013-01-29, 15:12
Well, its still a open beta so!

->Exlee

And about that microtransactions, You cant buy stuff to imrpove your gear or anything. Its only for showoff. Like good locking gear, but its not giveing you any advantage over any other player so. You can buy pets and stuff like that^^

I like it so far, and i hope they will improve the game. And listing to the community like some many other companies dont do.

What i've heard is that those who made this game is not an company, just a bunch of people(3 i've heard). Well, its crazy if that is true, compared to what blizzard did on a couple of years. 8O

ExLee
2013-01-29, 19:19
Hmm... Interesting stuff you say there Pubbe, I might check it out.

But no ,I totally hate Diablo's pointless farming grind gamestyle. No point in getting better items, to defeat monsters better, to get better items, to defeat monster even faster, to get better items...

Is this game different?

The point is to get the very best set of AWESOME PANTS so you can defeat the "Lord of Pants" or something similar :D
Dungeon crawlers don't really have point other than grind and get the best gear and that's what some people like but to be honest I see a bigger sense of achievement in those games than let's say Battlefield or your beloved Planetside. They are more pointless to me since at the end of the day all you achieve is maybe a better KDR, few awards and another rank that doesn't change shit... You've seen one multiplayer shooter, you've seen them all テつ*:roll:

Burning
2013-01-29, 19:36
Hmm... Interesting stuff you say there Pubbe, I might check it out.

Is this game different?

The point is to get the very best set of AWESOME PANTS so you can defeat the "Lord of Pants" or something similar :D
Dungeon crawlers don't really have point other than grind and get the best gear and that's what some people like but to be honest I see a bigger sense of achievement in those games than let's say Battlefield or your beloved Planetside. They are more pointless to me since at the end of the day all you achieve is maybe a better KDR, few awards and another rank that doesn't change shit... You've seen one multiplayer shooter, you've seen them all ツ*:roll:

The major difference is that I am competing against other players for a certain goal or objective. In games like Diable, you compete against the same AI, to get better items, to beat a better version of that AI. To get better items, to beat that version of the AI faster.

Where is the fun in that?

Real humans always adapt, change tactic's , try different things. No match of Battlefield or Planetside 2 is completely the same.

Shadowfox
2013-01-29, 22:17
I played the game for a couple of hours now, and managed to get myself to level 14 with Pubbe.
It works similar to Guildwars (MMO in town, out of town = instances).

I like it up untill now, even 'donated' 20$ to see if there is any pay2win features and there aren't ANY ツ*:D
All micropayments are purely cosmetic, which is very nice to see with all these pay2win games these days.

ExLee
2013-01-30, 23:27
I knew you would pull "AI vs human" card テつ*:roll: テつ*
Sorry Burning but in this world full of idiots I don't really get the same smug satisfaction by killing a noob with a M16A3 or spamming rockets at clueless dudes with a Reaver and especially not if those idiots on your team make you lose... But to each his own I guess...

Downloading the game now BTW I'll see how it is :D

Shadowfox
2013-01-30, 23:31
I knew you would pull "AI vs human" card ツ*:roll: ツ*
Sorry Burning but in this world full of idiots I don't really get the same smug satisfaction by killing a noob with a M16A3 or spamming rockets at clueless dudes with a Reaver and especially not if those idiots on your team make you lose... But to each his own I guess...

Downloading the game now BTW I'll see how it is :D
Me and Pubbe are level 22ish now (Act2)

Hurry up there and join us ;-)

With your internet speed I'm guessing you'll have the game somewhere next month, I might reroll to a Templar by then テつ*:roll:

0daro0
2013-01-31, 00:50
i got it istalled also i made a warior or tried but idont get the hang of it.

ExLee
2013-02-01, 12:10
Yeah me neither, daro... テつ*:(

It seems like it needs a lot of time commitment and I don't really have that time. I mean just looking at that skill tree makes my head explode. I'm either too stupid and/or to lazy to understand that game. Either way I think I'm just not made for dungeon crawlers after all... Sorry guys テつ*:oops: テつ*

PS: Shadow, if I really need to download something important I have the speed and the bandwidth to do so, don't you worry about it テつ*:wink: