PDA

View Full Version : Database Script

Marxo
2013-01-08, 22:14
Dear OG,

Is there some one how now a good open source web-script[php:1:6667bf84b6] (php, mysql) [/php:1:6667bf84b6]to make a database.

This is the purpose:

I have a optical store and sometimes we need to replace a part of a frame we are not capable to order spare parts so we order a complete frame no i want to build a database whit these spare parts so we can check in the database before we order a new frame.

The input should be restricted to specific members but to find if it ÂÂ*is there should be public so my college from different store can also check my database.

Marco

Gisse
2013-01-10, 08:39
Marxo add me on skype so we have faster conversation.

Skaype: dragisajevtic

Eindbaas
2013-01-10, 14:21
Dear OG,

Is there some one how now a good open source web-script[php:1:5a2eaac6d2] (php, mysql) [/php:1:5a2eaac6d2]to make a database.

This is the purpose:

I have a optical store and sometimes we need to replace a part of a frame we are not capable to order spare parts so we order a complete frame no i want to build a database whit these spare parts so we can check in the database before we order a new frame.

The input should be restricted to specific members but to find if it Â*is there should be public so my college from different store can also check my database.

Marco

the easiest thing to do is just create a private google docs spreadsheet (its just like excel):
Give some people rights to edit the document and give others only read permissions.

You should be able to set this up in like an hour and best off all, its completely free and you can access the data from every computer!

Shadowfox
2013-01-10, 16:54
I can do the stuff you're asking for, but what Eindbaas suggested is probably sufficient aswell.
It all depends on how many people are going to be using it (in case of 10+ I'd suggest the webapp, otherwise google docs)

I have been out of it for too long to have a decent security on the database (aganst hackers) but if Gisse needs some PHP/MYSQL/HTML/CSS help, he knows where to find me.

zladuric
2013-01-14, 10:32
Gisse will look for you only if I can't help him, Shadow :P

Marxo
2013-01-14, 18:01
Thanks for all the reply s,

But I need a Web site script because of several reasons: the first one is that the google website is not accessible in the store because of restrict Web access and we need over 100 stores to overview and new stores should be caplebel to make a profile.

Self I was thinking to use a webshop script but that's really to much functions.

@gisse I will add you on Skype when IM on my laptop.

Gisse
2013-01-15, 09:02
So you need realy compleh thing as i can notice :) posibly there is some open source thing which we could use. Shouldn't be a problem.