PDA

View Full Version : Happy new year!

Vercetti
2012-12-31, 13:05
Dear community,

2012 Is almost over, a good time to reflect on this year, and to look forward to 2013.
First of all, we would like to thank everyone for the countless hours of gaming and of course the social chit chat we had together in the community as a whole. We know it sounds cliché, but you are the ones that make this community. Â*Without you, the community would not be as it is today!

Social developments:
To start off with the social aspect, we have 3 newborns Â*this year! Silverfox, Gisse and Vercetti became father for the first time this year. We were happy to announce the birth of our kids Floor, Matvey and Phéline. Some get more sleep than others, I (vercetti) can say for myself that I am blessed with a kid which sleeps from 8pm til 8 am.
Besides this, we did not hear anything about weddings in the community, however I (Vercetti) did have the balls on 29 December and asked my Girlfriend to marry me (after which she said yes ofc.).

We had one clan meeting this year in July, playing Paintball in the Netherlands. 9 Members from the Netherlands and Belgium participated in this event, making it to a big success! The video is still on its way, we did not forget about that!

In 2013 we plan to go to Gamescom in Cologne again, and to host another clan meeting somewhere else in Europe (Germany maybe, maybe combine it). In the beginning of 2013, we will start to draft the plans for this meeting.

Community developments:
The community branched out from its original games which we supported at the beginning of the year. We started with just BFH, BFP4F and BF3, and may more titles have been added to this list. Some or being played on a more regular base than others, with BFP4F and BF3 still being the main games in our community. We noticed people playing a lot of other games, from ARMA II mods to online poker, changing this community into a true home for all online games.

The total number of members slightly dropped compared to last year, however the average duration of membership went up significantly. We had some people coming and going, and also people coming back again after thinking the grass is greener on the other side (which they found out it isn’t the hard way). Seeing these people coming back, shows that we don’t do things that bad compared to other communities. We strongly believe that people should go and play where and with whom it makes them happy, the internet is a big place after all.
The average age also increased a lot, which some of the senior citizens of our community find a good development.

Looking ahead:
2013 Will be an interesting year. We expect Battlefield 4 or Bad Company 3 coming out at the end of the year, DayZ going stand alone, and lots of other games released. We will closely monitor the developments and try to give support to games which people in the community wish to play.
We will also try and address the younger gamers (<18 ). Plans about this are still being drafted, but don’t worry, the ‘Older’ members won’t notice this.

A big thank you:
We would especially like to thank all members of the community who did something extra for other community members or the community in general this year, being it organizing events, performing staff duties or anything providing a well-run home for all members to play online. We can’t do everything ourselves, and having you all help out in your free time is very welcome!

We wish you all a safe and happy new year!
Take care of your loved ones, which is the only thing which truly matters!

Edward and Frank

P.S. Sorry, this year we didn't send out any Christmas cards, unfortunately we did not have time for the design, printing and everything. This will return next year!

Shadowfox
2012-12-31, 16:28
Hooah!

RPGforYOU
2012-12-31, 16:44
She said yes, are you sure? Did you double confirm? :P Anyway nice and may you prosper as good as possible!
For all the rest also good new year and maybe some other games to frag in also at 2013? :p

Caveman
2012-12-31, 17:11
Well all a very happy 2013, wish every one a fragtastic year and congratz Vercetti!!!!!

macgyver1969
2012-12-31, 23:58
Happy new year to all OG's.

Omega_Weapon
2013-01-01, 07:02
We put quite the show as community.All best and health in 2013.As for u Frank best of luck in future marriage.Cheers.

Sonny
2013-01-01, 12:28
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you:)

Johnny

0daro0
2013-01-01, 12:44
Nice SAID!. and congrats with your future WIFE :P.

i also wanna say that iam not Online that much, i got so bussy with work lately.
also trying my best to finaly getting my driving licence. because iam tired of using my scooter whatever you can call it.

2013 is a new start so i hope to become more active with a driving licence and a new job ofcourse! because this SUCKS !

See ya all SOON aka ASAP

`` 0daro0

the tript to germany would be nice, also is there already a date when the gamescom is coming. so i can set it on my work :P
before they say YOU CANT GO !!

Starscream
2013-01-01, 12:45
Happy new year guys

Burning
2013-01-01, 15:39
Happy newyear everybody!

XxDutchxGreedxX
2013-01-01, 15:41
happy new yearr Bitchezzzz<3 xd

TheIncredible
2013-01-02, 09:26
@0daro0: http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/en/gamescom/home/index.php
so 22. to 25.08.2013.....if possible aim for the 22. (or even better 21. if you can somehow get access) because it is damn full on the weekend....

Vercetti
2013-01-02, 11:41
22 August is a Thursday, or the 23rd on Friday. I would say the 23rd and find a hotel and drink in the city afterwards.
Who is up for that? :)

XxDutchxGreedxX
2013-01-02, 16:13
I might be up for that :D Depending on how well my schedule is going :P

Hidde
2013-01-05, 12:49
Congratulations Frank!

En folle lok en seine yn't nije jier allegear ^^

(of course just posting here for the reputation pts ÂÂ*:twisted: )

orroz
2013-01-05, 14:49
22 August is a Thursday, or the 23rd on Friday. I would say the 23rd and find a hotel and drink in the city afterwards.

Its a would be really nice to be there but its not impossible. Im have thinking to go to Formula 1 in Belgium that weekend. (Maybe 2-5%) I will take that way if a take the car. But its far away.

Pubbe
2013-01-07, 20:34
WHOHAh

Gratz FranKy:)

Shadowfox
2013-01-07, 20:38

Its a would be really nice to be there but its not impossible. Im have thinking to go to Formula 1 in Belgium that weekend. (Maybe 2-5%) I will take that way if a take the car. But its far away.
Once you are in Spa, Köln isn't that far anymore to be honest, around 1h drive!
I'm coming all the way from the coast (3h drive). Maybe we can work something out ...

orroz
2013-01-07, 21:05
i know... but its still 10-13 h drive from here.