PDA

View Full Version : Damavand Server

Chorpyc
2012-12-15, 19:20
Just like to say thanks for hosting the 24/7 Damavand Peak server for so long.

I frequented it quite frequently on a frequent basis.

Do you think you'll open up another Damavand US server, or switch one back?

Cheers,

Chorpyc

Burning
2012-12-15, 20:31
Hello,

Thanks for coming here to say that. Means alot if players actually appriciate our servers.
I believe we closed down a bunch of Servers because we didnt have sufficient American Members to fill/monitor them. Now only or #7 Metro 24/7 remains.

We do have a European 24/7 Damavand peak server:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/3660678f-0355-4de4-bc4e-50f2bc2714f7/Old-Guys-Gaming-2-Damavand-Peak-24-7-RUSH/

I wonder though, why the hell did we close the Damavand Peak server, and not the metro one. #7 is far more of a Pain in the ass to manage than the Damavand Peak one ever was?
Vercetti?

Burning
2012-12-17, 21:21
Update:
It was indeed a mistake, the damavand server is up agian :)

Gisse
2012-12-18, 07:24
I told you that forgot to switch Metro to Damavand ÂÂ*:D

D-Ray-Ewl
2013-01-22, 02:21
Not sure if its just me, being a US player but I never see anyone on the US servers. Just wanted to throw out a ÂÂ*suggestion to change one of them to metro. Or standard high tickets....or ....anything to get people in the US servers. Don't get me wrong I love playing with my friends over-sees, but I would like to play under a 150 ping once in a while. Any thoughts or am I alone here?

Caveman
2013-01-22, 05:16
Mwa metro in the US is like one big freaking baseraping contest.
And apperently needs 24/7 good admins online. And even when admins are only it is like A dayjob.
The smile on my face when only damavand peak is left over could not been bigger.

Burning
2013-01-22, 10:36
Not sure if its just me, being a US player but I never see anyone on the US servers. Just wanted to throw out a Â*suggestion to change one of them to metro. Or standard high tickets....or ....anything to get people in the US servers. Don't get me wrong I love playing with my friends over-sees, but I would like to play under a 150 ping once in a while. Any thoughts or am I alone here?

Average American Metro player doesn´t seem to give a fuck about any of our rules or warnings. Our #7 Metro was constant complaining and swearing. We didn´t get to playing there,just arguing, kicking ,banning, nuking.

LIke cave said, a real dayjob.
Wasn´t fun to play there, myself I am really glad we ditched it. Damavand runs well, it alot less to manage, and as seen in OP people really like it.

When it comes to setting up a new US metro, it´s a no from me. We do not have enough American guys to manage it, we do have about 4(?, D-ray,Ether,Psycho,Victor). I don't think that's enough to manage that mess :P

Also, having a 100+ ping is actually an advantage with BF3 f*cked up hit detection. It compensates for players with higher pings. Which screw over lower pinged players.
So as a High pinger on a server full of lower pings, you have an advantage :D

Vercetti
2013-01-22, 13:12
The Damavand peak server was running just fine last night :)

Shadowfox
2013-01-22, 13:59
Not sure if its just me, being a US player but I never see anyone on the US servers. Just wanted to throw out a Â*suggestion to change one of them to metro. Or standard high tickets....or ....anything to get people in the US servers. Don't get me wrong I love playing with my friends over-sees, but I would like to play under a 150 ping once in a while. Any thoughts or am I alone here?
Server #7 is a US server (Damavand Peak 24/7 RUSH)

We used to have another US server, Metro 24/7 but as said before it was almost a dayjob just to get the people on the server to respect our rules. Swearing (personal insults towards pretty much anyone for whatever reason) and the constant baseraping was our motivation to remove that server, along with the fact that we don't have enough US based members to administrate 2 servers.

I'm not much of a Damavand Peak person myself, but when I do feel like playing it I do it on the US server, I'll give you a shout when I'm planning to play there next time.

D-Ray-Ewl
2013-01-22, 14:07
Well well..., ÂÂ*touchy topic I see. Was just looking at different thoughts and I got em lol. Everyone has different experiences. I was just simply expressing mine. Metro does seem to bring the demons out. I was just getting a feel from other us gamers is all. No biggie, like I said not necessarily metro only but anything to see some players is all. Carry on folks... Jeeech lol. See ya on the killin fields!

Vercetti
2013-01-22, 15:03
Hey D-Ray-Ewl, basicly, the server is full from time to time, it was full 24/7 in the past, but that metro server lost its popularity.

What times are you playing (+ your timezone), then we can decide when to fill it up when it's empty.

Shadowfox
2013-01-22, 16:17
Well well..., Â*touchy topic I see. Was just looking at different thoughts and I got em lol. Everyone has different experiences. I was just simply expressing mine. Metro does seem to bring the demons out. I was just getting a feel from other us gamers is all. No biggie, like I said not necessarily metro only but anything to see some players is all. Carry on folks... Jeeech lol. See ya on the killin fields!
If you have a suggestion for a 2nd server (and other US players like it too) we're always ready to listen.

The US Metro Only server is road we've travelled before and rather not take again ;)
Doesn't mean we don't want to add more US servers :)