PDA

View Full Version : Retro Gaming Starts 20 December!!

Caveman
2012-12-15, 12:55
Dear OG Members

I do not recall a time during my membership that we as a community (BF3, P4F etc) have enjoyed an event together.

I think this is long over due. Â*However I guess a few barriers always stood in the way of such things, as not everyone plays the same game, people would not want to pay for a new game just for one night which of course are all understandable and legitimate reasons.

Therefore we have decided to take advantage of the fact most of the OG members are no spring chickens and have been around in the gaming scene for a long time, we will unashamedly pull on your strings of nostalgia to bring back a beloved game from yesteryear for a night of fun gaming. Â*

Those found memories of games where you perhaps first discovered the thrill of online gaming or where you first got sucked into the awesome mammoth gaming sessions with your parents screaming at you to go to bed. Â*I hope you have these fond memories in fact I'm counting on it!

Yes these games may be better off left in your cupboards covered in dust and perhaps replaying them will ruin your cherished false memories of amazing SVGA graphics and superb gameplay with awesome ADLIB sound. Â*Granted it's a risk but I believe one worth taking.

The Plan

Starting on Thursday 20th December we will hold an event every other Thursday at 20:00 CET where the OG community comes together battle it out in an organised event with the selected game.

What if you don't have the game?

We have secured a hosted DRM free copy of each game and have configured servers ready for the event. Â*

We have tried and tested the games and we had a whole load of fun doing it. Â*We will provide all members with the download details, server details and setup videos to help make this experience as fun and problem free as possible.

What games can you expect?

We brainstormed and have the following games ready to host an event with;

Unreal Tournament GOTY 99
Kingpin: Life of Crime
Call of Duty 2
Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
Soldier of Fortune 2

This list can be added to based on your feedback, if you don't see a game there you used to love please tell us about it.

What if there is a game there you don't like or haven't played before. Â*Well I would ask you to give it another go these events are about gaming and enjoying a night with other like minded individuals.

Who is eligible for these events?

Of course OG members and OG trials across the entire community. Â*With old gaming in mind i would also like to invite people who have the 'Friends of OG' status.

What's next?

The first event is scheduled for Thursday 20th December at 20:00 CET. Â*
The game will be Call of Duty 2 and can be downloaded here: http://goo.gl/8THoS

Install the game normaly and follow the instalation instructions.

Although no official sign up is required I would appreciate you posting whether you would attend such an event in order to get a sense of scale.

Feel free to add your comments or queries below.

iNco782
2012-12-16, 04:34
Sweet I am so in for this :twisted:

Caveman
2012-12-19, 21:22
Retro COD2 Server can be found @ 37.230.102.7:28960

janbo872
2012-12-19, 21:43
Installed and ready

Burning
2012-12-19, 22:43
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
Friday is the end of the world, so ofcourse I will be spending Thursday night in a cafe :(
Unfortunate :/
O well, next week, I'll be in.

Also Stronghold Collection is on sale for €5,- on Steam. It's also old , but amazing series. Worth checking out, not for Retro, but if you have any intrest in a castle building sim with combat :)

macgyver1969
2012-12-19, 23:26
I'm downloading it. Will be there.

L00_Cyph3r
2012-12-19, 23:28
I'll be owning y'all!

ExLee
2012-12-19, 23:34
Yes ! Been waiting for this :D Nice games, never heard of Kingpin though, could be interesting :)

Also Stronghold Collection is on sale for €5,- on Steam. It's also old , but amazing series. Worth checking out, not for Retro, but if you have any intrest in a castle building sim with combat :)

I second that ! Awesome series with Stronghold Crusader undoubtedly being the best one. I actually have a DRM free copy of Crusader for the retro event if anyone is interested. To play online though we would have to use Hamachi or GamerRanger and only up to 8 people per server. :?

Flinch_Fakula
2012-12-20, 15:14
I found my original game .. installed and patched and ready to rumble.. :P

Omulet
2012-12-20, 20:53
im in for this
i give up, i dont know how to conect to the cod 2 server
Nvm :roll:

RPGforYOU
2012-12-21, 19:15
Record a round, resolution is small forgot to make it bigger + heard some issues with changing it so I stayed of allso. xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbDJrZQgwt8

ExLee
2013-01-02, 11:40
So are there any plans for tomorrow ?

Tabernac
2013-01-04, 01:07
yeah love to get involved with this.. let me know when the next event is

D-Ray-Ewl
2013-01-11, 23:37
I was thinking this old school gaming would be a blast. I installed the game but I cant get it to update any server list at all...is the server up? and if so how do I add it? maybe im missing something here. thanks for any help.

Tabernac
2013-02-10, 19:18
any news on the next event?

error.exe
2013-02-10, 21:06
any news on the next event?

Interest too! ÂÂ*:?:

0daro0
2013-02-10, 21:20
i want the Paintball MOVIE!