PDA

View Full Version : Holy crap, can't wait to play this! Aftermath map overview

Macknetic
2012-11-28, 10:06
The new BF3 DLC has been released on the Playstation. Here is a quick overview of the four new Aftermatch maps by Luetin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFoZPvvzAnM&feature=share&list=UU8RfCCzWsMgNspTI-GTFenQ

Valheru73
2012-11-28, 13:13
Looking sweet indeed! I'm even more entusiastic about Aftermath now ÂÂ*when I saw this than I was before. Only thing that worries me was the mentioning of Helicopters on one of the maps. Nothing pisses me off more than getting killed by a Heli repeatedly when I'm infantry ÂÂ*:wink:

Macknetic
2012-11-28, 13:30
Looks like it's only the light scout helicopters though, not the Viper type. And there seem to be a lot of buildings to seek cover from aerial attacks.

Burning
2012-11-28, 14:31
You forget we get OP Xbow to deal with helicopters :D

Maps look pretty awesome, but , so did the other DLC's
I dont have high hopes for the DLC, then i won't be dissapointed either.

macgyver1969
2012-11-28, 21:12
Good to be a premium BF3 player these days. ÂÂ*:D

Looking forward to these maps. I hope they can bring back a bigger group to OG, so we can fill a server with these maps.

Shadowfox
2012-11-29, 06:04
I dont have high hopes for the DLC, then i won't be dissapointed either.
²

0daro0
2012-11-29, 16:57
nice

Macknetic
2012-12-04, 12:31
If you're still waiting for the release of Aftermath or passing the time during installing check out this 20 min complete overview of Aftermath by Luetin. Same guy as the vid above but this review is much more in depth and contains brief tactical analyses of the four different maps. Good stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg4n9neUda4

macgyver1969
2012-12-04, 22:07
After first Aftermath evening I must say, they are super!!

Realy like the views and some flags are absolutely great to fight for.

Looking forward to tomorrow. After celebrating "Sinterklaas" with my family I'll play again.

Shadowfox
2012-12-05, 05:45
I don't like the Scavenger mode.
Spawns are crap and based too much on luck rather then skill.

Valheru73
2012-12-05, 10:36
Scavenger is just a gimmick. I suspect no one will play it after a few weeks when everybody have unlocked the xbow. The maps on the other hand are amazing in my book. Looks like this will be the cure for my Metro condition ;-)

I would absolutely love to do a big inf only scrim ( something like 20vs20) on these maps. Game leaders make it happen plz ÂÂ*:D

Yepp3r
2012-12-05, 17:03
Scavenger is just a gimmick. I suspect no one will play it after a few weeks when everybody have unlocked the xbow. The maps on the other hand are amazing in my book. Looks like this will be the cure for my Metro condition ;-)

I would absolutely love to do a big inf only scrim ( something like 20vs20) on these maps. Game leaders make it happen plz Â*:D

Gunmaster is still very popular, and it was released 6 months ago...

Inf. only scrim. Like it!

Shadowfox
2012-12-05, 17:32
Gunmaster is still very popular, and it was released 6 months ago...

Inf. only scrim. Like it!
Gunmaster is a game of 'skills' since everyone has the same weapons (or at least at some point).
Scavenger is based on luck, i.e. yesterday 8/10 weapon spawns were shotguns/crossbow/snipers, which gives me a HUGE dissadvantage against someone who found an Assault/SMG/LMG.

As I said, based too much on luck (spawns/guns) to be popular.