PDA

View Full Version : First person shooter in minecraft style

TheIncredible
2012-11-07, 08:01
When i see that we as OG community focus on fiirst person shooters...and the only games of other genres we play are minecraft and C&C....and then i hear since some days in german television about a game that combines first person shooters and miecraft i thought like: What? That sounds like it is perfect for OG!

So....would there be some interest in those kind of games?

The advertisement that i saw running was for http://www.brick-force.com/en (Play4free) but there are many other games of that style out there...maybe someone here has experience and can recommend a game?

ExLee
2012-11-07, 10:19
Okay, first of all as fellow German (well technically I'm Lithianian but that's another story) I have to advise you that there is no such thing as an "Egoshooter" in English language. It's called "First Person Shooter".
"Ego" may sound right at first (it certainly did for me) but it is used in a completely different context in English than it is in German. Alright ? Not trying to be smart-ass here, just helping out Â* :)

On topic: I've checked out Brick Force a while a ago but after playing it a bit I realized that it's more like "Pay to Win" with their Token crap... You know the worst kind of P4F game, just like BF Heroes and BF P4F which I don't even consider being a proper Battlefield games at all... oh whatever.

BUT ! There's a game that I think is better than Brick Force and goes by the name of Ace of Spades (http://www.aceofspades.com/). Looks more like Minecraft, is quite fun and no micro transaction bullshit, it's totally free... Well for now because they wanna roll it out on Steam soon for a small price (below 10€, similar to Terraria). Friendly advise though: There are quite a few hackers running around in that game and can become a problem...Â*:?

There is also a game called "Guncraft". I don't know much about it but I read that it's kind of a mix between AoS and BF which could turn out to the best of all of them (isn't released yet I believe).

PS: A side question... Who the hell still plays Minecraft in OG ? Haven't seen any players active on TS or the forums for a long time now...Â*:roll:

Neera
2012-11-08, 15:18
If you like the combination building and first-person-shooters Tremulous (open source) and Natural Selection 2 (Steam) are highly recommended.

Vercetti
2012-11-11, 20:20
This looks a bit like Lego shooter :)