PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 3: Aftermath release date announced

iNco782
2012-11-06, 07:15
EA has announced release dates for Battlefield 3’s Aftermath downloadable content. Battlefield 3 Premium members on PlayStation 3 can get Aftermath on November 27th, while Premium Xbox 360 and PC players can get it on December 4th. Non-premium players on PlayStation 3 can get Aftermath on December 11th, and non-Premium Xbox 360 and PC players will round out the schedule on December 18th.

As with all Battlefield 3 content, Aftermath will cost $14.99 (1200 Microsoft Points) and will be free to Battlefield Premium members. Aftermath is the fourth of five packs for Battlefield 3, coming ahead of End Game, which will be released in March 2013.

Separately, EA announced today that in celebration of the 10 year anniversary of Battlefield and the milestone of Premium passing 2 million members, it will offer Battlefield 1942 as a free download. Players can get 1942 on Origin’s official site, which notes that it will require an Origin account and will expire on March 1, 2013.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/05/battlefield-3-aftermath-release-date-announced

Burning
2012-11-06, 10:25
Players can get 1942 on Origin’s official site, which notes that it will require an Origin account and will expire on March 1, 2013.

Expire in the sense of not being able to download it, or not being able to play it?

ExLee
2012-11-06, 17:37
Knowing that EA are bunch of idiots probably the latter...

zladuric
2012-11-07, 12:01
IS it worth the download?
I mean, I love BF3, do I really need the BF1942 too?

Can I take it and install it on "my other computer" (read: my friends' laptop who doesn't have the muscle for BF3)?

ExLee
2012-11-07, 14:53
Well to be honest you don't really "need" it...

If you never played BF1942 before it's a good way to learn how the series started but for people like me who played the game to death years ago it's just a trip down the memory lane before the nostalgia kinda wears off and you realize that although the game is pretty much one of the best (if not even THE best) BF game in the series it haven't really aged that well.

I mean there are quite a few problems that don't exist in today's games anymore and the balancing could have used some work because a good player can easily ruin your day and you can barely do anything about it. And yes I know it's gameplay > graphics but when you have a draw distance of like 100 meters and the colors of terrain are sometimes indistinguishable from soldiers the game can become really irritating and hard to focus...

But don't listen to me rambling it's still a good game to kill some time (even in single player) and it's FREE ! So just slap it on any PC or Mac that was made in the last 10 years and you're good to go :D