PDA

View Full Version : Planetside 2: the next battleground for OG?

Macknetic
2012-11-01, 12:31
Planetside 2 is a free-to-play FPS MMO in a futuristic setting that will launch around the 20th of November. It is very much comparable to Battlefield gameplay. Large maps, different classes, lots of vehicles and an huge unlock system that will provide you with new weapons and upgrades. For a good first impression I recommend this vid by LvLcap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlA9wZyJ5FA&feature=share&list=PLCEllhcsdc7beSQDoCz7v9ApT9eyB7CK3
Some of the OG's have already been playing this in the Beta so they might be able to add something about the actual gameplay. But from what I've read so far playing in a larger group can really give you the edge on the battlefield. It seems to me this game is very well suited for our clan to jump into together. Get on TeamSpeak, coテカrdinate our efforts and have a good time. It is free-to-play so there no costs that might hold clan members back from trying it out.

Most of us are BF3 players at heart so the fact that the gameplay is similar is a big plus. This is the opposite of CoD or MoH. The huge maps offer a lot of room for planning strategic operations together. Think of this as a whole bunch of BF3 maps seamlessly linked together into one big continent. We can form a balanced team of players that can conquer bases and installations to get more resources in for our faction.

It could be that the staff is already looking at Planetside 2 as an oppertunity to expand OG's activities. If not, this might be worth considering. And I know a bunch of people have already tried it out. I just thought I'd put up this post to see if there are more OG's like me looking forward to the release. Check out the vid and let me know what you think!

iNco782
2012-11-01, 13:07
I hope it is. ツ*I also hope we have people motivated enough to drive this into a successful part of OG.

I think I'll be focussing on the DayZ stand alone once released.

Vercetti
2012-11-01, 22:15
I played it for some hours, and like it a lot.
With a squad of 10 guys, you can achieve so much. This game has a lot of potential from the community aspect, where I need several guys to set this up together (possibly with me). Already tried it a bit in the beta, but due to the birth of my daughter, I didn't have much time for it.

st0mpy
2012-11-02, 01:58
wow that looks awesome, just been watching LvLcaps youtube channel for nearly 2 hours, im signed up, gimme the game already arrghhhh!!! :) :) :)

Vercetti
2012-11-02, 02:09
Planetside 2 is awesome.

I've been on 100+ player battles clustered around POIs, AWESOME!

st0mpy
2012-11-02, 03:15
I always wanted to play MAG but it ended up playstation only, and im not so keen on console fps

This looks like the pc version, and its got aircraft!! yay :)

/checks email again

buggers still havnt sent me a beta invite, grrrr coooome on, im good to go, lemme play

iNco782
2012-11-02, 06:02
Damn it! テつ*Just watched the video and it brought back just how much I loved the original.

Meh....I'm in!

zladuric
2012-11-02, 08:29
I didn't play the original, but this game really looks great! Don't know if I should split my time between BF3 and other games (as I'm not playing enough as it is), but since the best games I get is when we play together, and this looks really interesting, I'm definitely in!

Burning
2012-11-02, 10:31
HOOAH to this topic, I'll be definately playing this alot.

Vercetti
2012-11-02, 11:34
Or just purchase the Alpha Package, and you're in!

http://www.planetside2.com/alpha-squad

iNco782
2012-11-02, 12:10
Just to concur with Vercetti, it looks like you need the alpha package now for beta access as I applied for a beta key 2months back and still diddly squat.

st0mpy
2012-11-03, 03:01
EDIT:

IM IN!!! FREE KEY!!! SORTED!! :) :)

Could have killed myself when that friday night live just released some keys about 2 secs before i refreshed the page and missed them - but then i said, hey, lets look around and see whos giving stuff away...

found this

https://apps.facebook.com/planetsidecodes/pages/7aa5cf4c30b7a5a8

I just put in the basic info, didnt even accept the newsletter, and bam, keys right there for me on return of the next page

Awesomeeeeeessssss :) ツ*Go grab one whoever needs it.

Taking a fricken age to download tho - and im out putting on a party tomorrow all day, no playing till sunday by the looks of it.

Hey is there any faction or group or something I need to join with other OGs? or is it all swappable if I choose the numpty team?

Macknetic
2012-11-03, 10:29
Gratz Stompy. I myself will wait until the official release before jumping into it and I don't think there is any organized OG effort in the game yet. For the faction question: think you can choose a server and faction (there are 3 factions) you want to play on that server. Then you're bound to that faction on that specific server. But you can play different factions on differrent servers I guess. Might be wrong though. Anyone who actually played it can correct me if necessary.

Have fun trying out the game!

iNco782
2012-11-05, 12:50
Wow I just got a mail with my beta key.

What server are you guys on and what faction?

Get the galaxy ready I'm coming ;)

Vercetti
2012-11-05, 14:27
We can set up a night where I can explain a few things regarding the game. How about Thursday?

Macknetic
2012-11-05, 15:08
Yeah sure, I'll be there.

Burning
2012-11-05, 16:10
We can set up a night where I can explain a few things regarding the game. How about Thursday?

Explain what sort of things? If its about how to game works etc, its not much use for me. But i think its not that?

st0mpy
2012-11-05, 21:11
the big question is - what faction will OG be aligned to?

last thing we want to do when the game goes live is sign up for the other faction on the same server since it appears you cannot swap once youve chosen.

Frank, thatll be cool, sooner than later, the wipes in what, 9-10 days now?

Sooo what faction? Personally I dont mind reds or purple (TR or VS iirc, altho reds are supposed to be fashists and purple the geeks im trying to just look at the gear), i just dont really want to be NC, their gears armoured well but slow and i hate the noise of the jet engine and it handles like crap.

iNco782
2012-11-06, 08:48
I used to play vanu in the original PS, however always found the jackhammer of the NC to be a pain in the arse. テつ*

If they have jackhammer shotguns in ps2 I'm inclined to say NC.

Also there gauss rifles were pretty awesome.

Macknetic
2012-11-06, 12:31
From what I understand from watching vids (haven't actually played yet) the factions work like this:

- NC move and fire slow but hit hard.
- TR move and fire fast but don't hit as hard.
- VS move and fire average and hit average.

I do hear that unlocking and customizing gear can largely make up for any weaknesses a faction has though.

The Vanu appear to have some vehicle abilities that sound good. Tanks that can strafe and have no bullet drop for example. And the light aircraft is very nice to use.

The impressions I get from YouTubers and without playing it myself make me think Vanu is the best choice. From being 'average' at something the gear can be customized in whatever direction you like an become good at it, if you know what I mean.

iNco782
2012-11-06, 13:17
I think we need to add a poll.

st0mpy
2012-11-06, 20:11
VS have average strength weapons, mostly pulse/beam with little or no bullet drop

the customisation is roughly the same, so if you have a super tight fighter (eg VS scythe), and add on the super tight fighter mod, then u get an ultra tight fighter, but if u get an average fighter (eg TA mosquito), and add the same mod, you still only just get a super tight fighter and be gunned down by the ultras still :)

Or you could get the scummy fighter and put the tight mod on and turn it into a reasonably armed, tightish fighter, but who likes being average?

i hope that makes sense. ofc what the mod you use is critical, downside is theres a lot of gear available but only limited slots on each craft with some big tradeoffs to decide. At least thats what the wikis say after ive hunted down the stats. ツ*As in many games itll probably come down to 'one best fit' but for now its a bewildering array of stuff for money ive yet to earn.

Gonna try and play each faction for a couple of days at least before wipe - takes about an hour but ive figured if i just spawn in a sunderer and go make dinner ive scored enough points to make more of that sides vehicles to test.

Been playing VS atm, completely locked down when i joined, had about a third of the map when i left. Not too bad for weapons, but the head tags look bluey, even tho the emblem is purple - simply for recognition purposes the red team looks unlike the other two and may be better for general fighting, eg 'if it aint red, make it dead'. ツ*Will try reds next- altho the biggest fight is working through a completely new key/controller/mouse config atm, getting it all feeling good.

Edit: Found a thread discussing similar, seems to concur with the VS or TA not CT outlook

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/perspective-of-a-vs-gone-tr-gone-nc-br-10.41986/

Burning
2012-11-07, 18:44
Vanu have fast fire-rate, weak damage. Lasers and such.
They are a independant group that believes in alien technology ( maybe , hippies? )

NC have slow firerate, but heavy armor (on vehicles) and damage.
They are the Rebels fighting the TR regime (and those spandex wearing vanu's)

TR have avarage damage, large mags, decent recoil.
They are the goverment, more or less a dictatorship that wants to bring order back to the planet.

I play NC, because i feel the most attracted to their lore.
NC is the faction i found the most teamwork with in the first place.
TR is most dominanat in territory atm on EU#1, Vanu are getting trampeled, and NC is doing a fair job at the counter offensive.
That is the general way things go on EU#1. Ofcourse it differs from time to time.
I assume most players will stick with the server they play in beta.
I suggest we take EU#2 or #3 , seeing that in the early beta days 1 was always full, resulting in you having to wait in a que for a long time.

@Stompy
in current state, air battles are no more than little scrims , 1 fighter chasing down another one. The Vanu fighters have no advantage in large air battles. The large air battles for bases are mostly dominared by AA guns, and the faction who is most succesful at keeping his own AA and destroying the enemy's. The Scyte (vanu fighter) being the weakest armored has no advantage here. I'd say the Reaver (NC fighter) with its Armor has definately an edge when strafing AA vehicles with rocketpods.

Since the Afterburner speeds are almost the same for all fighters, getting away from a situation is pretty equal i'd say.

st0mpy
2012-11-07, 20:29
the AA was nerfed a few days ago, aircraft rule the skys again, as for little scrims, i dont care, ill fly anyway, its what i do :)

air speed can be certed 20kp more, also pressing (and/or certing) the vtol in full flight gives you a few more kph, you can do away with secondary weapons and carry tanks for longer afterburn times (80% irrc) too, oh and theres just sheer seat of your pants evasion flying too.

the reason why i went with vanu to begin is because altho the scythe is the least armoured, its also fast and the most manoeverable, ive put certs into extra turn speed too, philosophy there is u gotta hit me to kill me and im finding thats not easy generally when im on the ground trying to shoot air down.

NC ESF engines just sound poo tho, im not sure i can cope with them :D ツ*but I liked their music on the main page. Just they are the average of the three and like i said, who wants to be average, win or lose itll be the edge case. ツ*Also yeah vanu in EU1 was beaten back when i started but yesterday they had half the map, its a back and forth thing changing over time, not something im that worried about.

I just wish I had a couple of months to digest all the stats and make a definitive declaration of preference, atm still just trying things out.

Burning
2012-11-08, 00:04
the AA was nerfed a few days ago, aircraft rule the skys again, as for little scrims, i dont care, ill fly anyway, its what i do :)

air speed can be certed 20kp more, also pressing (and/or certing) the vtol in full flight gives you a few more kph, you can do away with secondary weapons and carry tanks for longer afterburn times (80% irrc) too, oh and theres just sheer seat of your pants evasion flying too.

the reason why i went with vanu to begin is because altho the scythe is the least armoured, its also fast and the most manoeverable, ive put certs into extra turn speed too, philosophy there is u gotta hit me to kill me and im finding thats not easy generally when im on the ground trying to shoot air down.

NC ESF engines just sound poo tho, im not sure i can cope with them :D ツ*but I liked their music on the main page. Just they are the average of the three and like i said, who wants to be average, win or lose itll be the edge case. ツ*Also yeah vanu in EU1 was beaten back when i started but yesterday they had half the map, its a back and forth thing changing over time, not something im that worried about.

I just wish I had a couple of months to digest all the stats and make a definitive declaration of preference, atm still just trying things out.

What you say is true, Scythe is the best fighter out there. But all factions have their little things.

the NC is definately not "Average" lol. Terran is average, average damage, not as high as NC, average RoF, not as fast as VS , average speed , not as fast as VS, average armor , not as good as NC. If ANY faction could be labeled Average, its Terran Republic, not NC.

And even if you say they are avarage, so is the m16 in bf3. Yet the m16 is by far the best gun.
Average is not bad a bad thing at all.

/* ツ*The following isnt related to Planetside but more to why i believe average isnt bad:
if somebody in school is an average guy at all sports, an average runner, speartrower, rugby player, soccer player. So yea he whould ツ*be beaten by really good runners, or soccer players. But in the end , his grade is higher. because 7,7,7,7 is better than 9,6,6,6 or 8,6,6,6.

If you have a faction which is decent at everything fighting a faction who is extremly good in Air. Then the faction might lose its air battles, but it will win its infantry and armor battles, and so on. Its in my opinion its far better to be decent at everything, than to excel at 1 thing ,and fail at the others.

same with rock-paper-scissors, if your enemy chooses rock, and you scissors, your fucked. But if you could choose an option thats decent against all 3 options. Your not dependant on your opponents choice, sure you might have a hard time against his Rock, but you still got 2 other legs to lean on.

In a good strategy , you should not be dependant on your opponents choices, you have to keep control in your own hands.
Basic RTS Rules :)

Anyway,chose rock-paper-scissors since everybody knows it even though doesnt make much sense in this context
I hope you get my point hahah.
(also this does not 100% relate to Planetside , but more to why being "Average is certainly not a bad thing)
*/

And yea, i know AA was nerfed, yet the big battles are still about who has the most AA :).
I suspect AA being buffed agianst , maybe the spread on the Skyguards.

TheIncredible
2012-11-08, 11:03
i hope my PC can run this game.....if yes i am so into it!

zladuric
2012-11-08, 11:18
@Burning I agree. Factor in that most people are average anyway and even if they do have cutting-edge fighters, they won't be able to use the extra power given to them, at least not to the maximum.
So for all of us not-skilled, average is the best way to go, I think. Ie if I play Recon in BF3 and get maybe 3 kills in a round, I am definitely not using the recon class as I should. So why do I need the snipers if I can't use them?

Just give me the LMG 88 and I'll suppress the shit out of anything that moves, get killed a lot, but at least my contribution towards the team is the best.

Of course, once you get some skills in the game, of course those little strategic advantages mean a lot... But since I'm not able to invest 25 hours a day into a game, I'll probably never get the top skill :(

Hence, average for me is the king :)

TheIncredible
2012-11-11, 08:12
got my beta key today.....now i have to wait for my new internet (tomorrow?) to be able to download it...6GB.....jesus....that is like 60% of my monthly download limit... ;)

st0mpy
2012-11-11, 11:28
ouch 10GB a month?!! thats harsh - if its a laptop have you thought of an internet cafe?

RPGforYOU
2012-11-11, 12:01
I got access to beta today! :)
altough I don't know what to do ... :P

Burning
2012-11-11, 12:58
I got access to beta today! :)
altough I don't know what to do ... :P

Go to the Site
redeem your key
Download the game
Play

ExLee
2012-11-11, 14:06
Sounds like a broken record here but I've got access to the beta as well :D No beta code though just a link to download it from テつ*:?

Hangover
2012-11-11, 15:15
Downloading it now

RPGforYOU
2012-11-11, 16:46
Sounds like a broken record here but I've got access to the beta as well :D No beta code though just a link to download it from ツ*:?

Me to just download and log in. No code necessary.
Link you got in mail is basic lay the 'code'. :)

TheIncredible
2012-11-11, 18:35
what server and faction will we play? fear that somebody pics the right server and wrong faction by accident and so will not be able to play with the rest...or will the servers be resetet and so the faction pick too?

Burning
2012-11-11, 18:42
what server and faction will we play? fear that somebody pics the right server and wrong faction by accident and so will not be able to play with the rest...or will the servers be resetet and so the faction pick too?

As in beta, you can create multiple characters on 1 server. I do not know if this will be the case on launch though.

As i understood from my talks with frank.
We will be playing

EU server #2 テつ*- New Conglomerate

Server #2 , because Server #1 was always full during beta, so you always had to wait in line. Trying to avoid this personally.

iNco782
2012-11-11, 22:10
I think NC is a good choice.

st0mpy
2012-11-12, 01:50
Yes you can make multiple accounts, I have, to try all the factions- still think red is probably the best choice overall, considering troop and vehicle benefits. ツ*Personally I just dont like the drone of the NC ESF engines, as a fly guy i have to put up with whatever the jet sounds like in my ear, and its grating.

Also my main account on EU1 hasnt ever seen a queue, but waiting 10 mins to be in intense battles is acceptable if the alternative is an underpopulated server that plays like night time even when its day (which is what eu 2 has been like so far).

Kinda like every time i want to play bf3 it takes 10 minutes to update this, download that, wait for the server, get a slot etc etc :p

ExLee
2012-11-12, 03:21
Got a few beta codes for those who wanna play:

AJTRPDN2NKCMKCJDADR3
3PF3RHDXP3M2NP6X3GKX
[s:4e0eaf5f1c]MXZZJEAGR3TFNRPC442N[/s:4e0eaf5f1c]
7E3C9RDGANJZKAC366ZA

TheIncredible
2012-11-12, 07:47
H4F7F9G7REF23XPHZDN4
FNXE3TM6M39XKD6DK93D
ZT7RE29TPG6X7D6CCTTR
N2CRGHDKK2PFC4AMHFXF
A6DMTJJT7ZHFGPTAFC3D

some more

please post when you use one

zladuric
2012-11-12, 16:45
The signup system is buggy. They say I alresady tried to reset a password within the last 24 hours, when I tried to reg a new account, they have issues...
Guess I'll have to wait.

Macknetic
2012-11-12, 17:30
I am eager to try this game out but I will patiently await the actual release. Not really in the habit of taking part in beta's and still have plenty of gaming enjoyment with Guild Wars 2 and Battlefield 3 at the moment. With regard to the choice of faction I will simply go with the flow. I'm fine with whatever faction OG Planetside 2 game leaders will choose.

Caveman
2012-11-12, 20:41
Thanks for the keys guys, i just used MXZZJEAGR3TFNRPC442N テつ*from exlee's post!

Burning
2012-11-12, 21:55
EU1 hasnt ever seen a queue,

Before in the beta.. when the game was hot ,server one was always full ,and server 2 & 3 where very populated. like i said ,BEFORE you played, any of you i might add :/

st0mpy
2012-11-19, 13:41
ok still over a day till launch (calendar it if you want to make sure you get your name) but in the mean time heres a couple of ps2 updates:

Server = Miller. ツ*Seems like all the competitive outfits are choosing Miller as their EU server, this thread lists the names

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/13exmq/we_have_the_server_names_so_what_servers_are_all/

Faction = TR (reds)

After some study and collecting pros and cons ingame it seems TR is the best choice- they have the best weapons (without being pewpew lasers) and their vehicles are decent, its the best balance imo. In game the red weapons felt and handled much better and Ive now found a stats guy that explains why

"Overall, the TR are overpowered, VS has the middle ground, and the NC has some good PR or something because their weapons require much more burst fire."

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/13a0jc/the_definitive_damage_time_to_kill_and_overall/

So VS is a little weaker and the laser projectiles give away your location far more with NC third along with unexciting vehicles and the noisy jet so in the light of all that I would recommend OG take TR.

TheIncredible
2012-11-19, 16:19
we already agreed on NC i thought? Or letツエs better say: it was already decided for us テつ*:wink:

so why those comments about switching now?

anyway in the comments of that....webside? forum? Nice list of other clans...eh...what is it called? outfits?

NC

WASP, MCY (MercenaryS), DL* (Digital Legion), Fight Club, Renegade Legion, BDx (Brutal-Deluxe), New Hope, 1st Hot Drop Regiment,

TR

BRTD (Better Red Than Dead), Outcasters, SR (Soul Reapers), BMC (Battle Marines of Chaos), INI Elite, Armored Fist, Freelancers Union, MoX,

VS

ISK (Immortal Serial Killers), VA (Vanu Alliance), VC (Vanu Corp), FG (Furious Gaming), LdD (Libertas de Dominatus), DW (Druckwelle), LFS (Long Forgotten Soldiers), PV (Purple Valor), FRC (French Connection),

Macknetic
2012-11-19, 17:24
Think we need some sort of consensus on server and faction. Getting mixed messages now. If by any chance the clan staff is having a meeting this monday evening, could you take a look at clan participation in Planetside 2? Maybe put some sort of official post on this forum where all the interested OG's can refer too?

Relevant issues:
- On what server and in which faction should OG's make their character?
- Who will be OG game leader/staff for this game?
- Do we want to be on a busy server (Miller's, apparantly) with outfits that have hundreds of players? Or maybe not?

I don't have any specific preferences and I'm fine with any choices that are made. But it would be great if we get a little bit of clarity just so all the OG's that want to jump into the game straight at launch know what's up.

Thanks in advance for looking into it guys!

Burning
2012-11-19, 19:43
Ha, I'm playing NC, definetly not Terran, fuck them.
And i though we already decided we'd be playing NC...
As for server, totally agree, sound very intresting, nice find on that tread.

Miller it is.

@Incredible
The majority of us who played the beta decided we whould play NC. :)

ExLee
2012-11-19, 20:45
So TR is the strongest and will have the best players ? Well I know what side I'm gonna be on :D

I played NC in the beta and I found it a bit unexciting (even Vanus was more interesting to play than NC). Besides most of the time we were getting steamrolled by TR anyway...

I only hope there won't be so much grind like in the beta: 50 certs just to unlock an attachment for one weapon... Bullshit...

Burning
2012-11-19, 22:36
So TR is the strongest and will have the best players ? Well I know what side I'm gonna be on :D

I played NC in the beta and I found it a bit unexciting (even Vanus was more interesting to play than NC). Besides most of the time we were getting steamrolled by TR anyway...

I only hope there won't be so much grind like in the beta: 50 certs just to unlock an attachment for one weapon... Bullshit...

15 cert mostly now. Except for stuff like Grenadelaunchers

As for TR. All the kids and noobs play TR, ive heard this come out of NC,VS and even Terran mouths :P, the only reason TR steamrolled is because they had the biggest population in the beta.
Every offensive i fought as NC ツ*vs TR we won. Its just that they won their battles by having more troops.

TR has the worst fighter. I love flying, so for me TR is the worst choice possible. Their tank is decent, but has duel cannon so lower damage per shell (seeing as it has 2). the faction specfic guns of tr are good, i'll give you that, and their chaingun max is the best of the 3 factions.

No offense , but I probably have the most " boots on the ground time" in the Beta here. And BY FAR the most memorable and fun times I had with NC. Great teamwork, even if we dont have THE best guns, or THE most players. Overcoming a challenge with a group is far more fun than having a walk in the park.

I enjoyed Vanu's exotic weapons i admit. Their hovertank is fun to drive (?)

As for the non-specific weapons, the NC's stuff is better in every scenario, They just have a higher recoil and higher damage, and some guns a slower firerate. Planetside is not Metro, so firerate i have found is not that important as in bf
IF ツ*you can manage recoil, i think NC guns are better, equal at the least. Like stompy said, NC guns just require some more management. As for them being OP, if they are much better than their NC and VS counterparts. They will recieve the nerf hammer pretty soon. Since the Dev's are pretty keen on lisening to the community, and makes changes on weekly basis. Unlike our friends at dice ^^

Stompy, you being a fly guy ,how on earth do you choose TR with their worst fighter? Its not the strongest, and also not the most manuverable? The NC fighter is excellent for making rocketstrafes. Its not so squishy.

Maybe we should look at this discussion from a lore point of view. What factions lore represents the OG spirit the best? Since we will never find a solution for the problem this way :P

st0mpy
2012-11-20, 01:26
lore wise the techheads and geeks are the purple team

im a fly guy too, i do that more than anything and in an ideal world id prefer a scythe (purple again)

just dont want to be stuck with laser guns on the ground, shooting a wobbly beam and being spotted firing particle streams is a problem so as a trade off TR is the best balance of soldier and air - if all i did was fly id choose purple but I do like getting into the cap point action too.

as for best fighter, the sensitivity is so high any of the fighters can turn and stop on a sixpence- the scythe is the hardest to get the reverse travel on, why do you say the mossie is the worst Burning? it looks pants I agree but i didnt feel it handled any differently from the scythe, infact i tried the turn mod on the scythe (before they changed it in the last couple of days to the bundled mods) but i have to damp the sensitivity so much any turn improvements were negligible vs less dampening ... found the air brake to be the most useful tbh (again now gone, maybe its in a bundle).

Burning
2012-11-20, 13:06
lore wise the techheads and geeks are the purple team

im a fly guy too, i do that more than anything and in an ideal world id prefer a scythe (purple again)

just dont want to be stuck with laser guns on the ground, shooting a wobbly beam and being spotted firing particle streams is a problem so as a trade off TR is the best balance of soldier and air - if all i did was fly id choose purple but I do like getting into the cap point action too.

as for best fighter, the sensitivity is so high any of the fighters can turn and stop on a sixpence- the scythe is the hardest to get the reverse travel on, why do you say the mossie is the worst Burning? it looks pants I agree but i didnt feel it handled any differently from the scythe, infact i tried the turn mod on the scythe (before they changed it in the last couple of days to the bundled mods) but i have to damp the sensitivity so much any turn improvements were negligible vs less dampening ... found the air brake to be the most useful tbh (again now gone, maybe its in a bundle).

Why
Scythe stops the quickest etc. Yes, i personally can notice it. But its not spectacular. The Mosquito is the fastest, but everybody has afterburners to make a good escape so not much use there.
The turnability of both the Reaver(NC) and the Mosquito(TR) is the same. BUT, the Reaver can quite some more hits. And Does the most damage per bullet with テつ*the machinegun / rocketpods.

So, Mosquito vs Reaver. Reaver is hands down the best. As for Air to Air, Scythe wins there. But for Air-ground the Reaver has the edge, being able to tank more AA etc. Having those extra hitpoints/armor had me survive on quite a few occasions.

So, you dont like laser guns. Good neither do I :). But the NC guns are very similar to TR. In the aspect of firing etc etc.
So I dont see why you would pick TR. While NC has similar bulletguns (Little more recoil/damage etc) and a better fighter.
You're alot like me, I love flying. Primarly a fly guy. But you have to get your feet dirty at some point. Its inevetable. And I agree on the fact that the laser guns dont appeal to me very much.

NC lore everything fits me blabla , anyway ,not the point here.
To sum things up. Why do you pick TR if NC has very similar guns and a better fighter (from a fly guys perspective) :D

ExLee
2012-11-20, 13:48
Hey ! I have a crazy idea ! Why not make 3 characters and have one for each faction ? Or is than offence that is punishable by death in Planetside if you switch teams all the time ? テつ*:lol:

I really don't understand this "You have to choose ONE AND ONLY ONE faction and mustn't even dare to think about the others"-mentality. Can't a clan operate across all 3 or is that an MMO thing (I don't play any MMOs, so I don't know) ? :D

zladuric
2012-11-20, 15:28
ExLee, that sounds like a good idea, but you won't do the same progress playing with 3 characters as focusing on one.

So, you win some, lose some I guess.

Burning
2012-11-20, 15:43
Hey ! I have a crazy idea ! Why not make 3 characters and have one for each faction ? Or is than offence that is punishable by death in Planetside if you switch teams all the time ? ツ*:lol:

I really don't understand this "You have to choose ONE AND ONLY ONE faction and mustn't even dare to think about the others"-mentality. Can't a clan operate across all 3 or is that an MMO thing (I don't play any MMOs, so I don't know) ? :D

Because it takes alot of time to get enough ツ*certification points for everything. Its better system, But its still FAR from fast. So making multiple characters, and station cash. Its just not doable.

And building a OG community around all 3 factions will totally not work.

L00_Cyph3r
2012-11-20, 18:39
We decided that OG is going to use the NC as a faction.

Our outfit will be NC, and if we are going to recruit, we will recruit for NC

This is because we believe that the NC faction is more in line with what we think the OG Community stands for.
Because in OG your personal life has the highest priority, you don't have any responsibilities as a member (except to behave), and we are free to do whatever we want...

Of course, everybody is free to join any faction they like. This is just our point-of-view.

Happy gaming all!

st0mpy
2012-11-20, 19:34
oh well thats a shame, ill get a second NC account anyway in case you guys ever need an extra foot soldier, just wont be flying much in the reaver, it hurts my ears too much :( ツ*have fun signing up, its slow as hell atm

xirag
2012-11-20, 20:17
Just a little bit of info from me i think it would personally be better if we were on the woodman server due to the fact that as a whole OG arent a hardcore community and it seems a lot of harcore communitys are playing on the miller server. At least im going to be on the woodman server anyway :) Hope to see you all on the game!

Burning
2012-11-20, 20:56
Just a little bit of info from me i think it would personally be better if we were on the woodman server due to the fact that as a whole OG arent a hardcore community and it seems a lot of harcore communitys are playing on the miller server. At least im going to be on the woodman server anyway :) Hope to see you all on the game!

Its not that the hardcore community is full of the most amazing players. Its that they play as a team. Something you want. Because this game is only intresting if 2 organized teams go head to head. You dont want clueless noobs running around like headless chickens.

Having the community's on a server is a Good thing. Its all about teamwork. And keep in mind, its not just the enemy who will have some major organised teams then, our faction will aswell.

st0mpy
2012-11-20, 21:03

yes its going to be a fight on Miller, but on another server wont you get to a certain level and be stuck without the upper tier of skills and organisation?

I mean OG is a competitive clan, hardcore or not, and because we dont have the sheer size of PS2 squads/platoons (its just a side game for OG really), in an ideal world our role could have best been served as a small squad allied to a larger established PS outfit, that way wed still be OG but also have options to join large platoon level events/zergs, something that is a ton of fun in PS2 (see youtube if you dont know what i mean).

and theyre all on Miller.

xirag
2012-11-20, 21:29
six and two three's really, just a matter of peoples preferrence really. You can have two characters though one on either server and see which you prefer but its mostly personal preference really.

Macknetic
2012-11-24, 11:33
So I've played PS2 for a couple of days now and it's a great experience. The scale of the combat is epic and there is a lot of room for strategy. I urge all OG's to try it out.

I do think we made a major mistake with choosing NC. I agree that the NC weapons pack a punch but it's not always easy to stay on target. And if a few rounds miss doing more damage is useless.

Because it's Free to Play there are large amounts of players with little FPS experience and they simply can't handle the harsh recoil NC weapons have. Because of this NC is getting it's ass kicked on all fronts. And the only type of teamplay I've seen on NC side is gathering in large zergs and moving from zone to zone. This is not the style of gameplay I'm looking for. I would love to move around with an organized infantry squad and cap zones, guerilla-style. Not been able to find any such gameplay yet.

Burning
2012-11-24, 14:11
So I've played PS2 for a couple of days now and it's a great experience. The scale of the combat is epic and there is a lot of room for strategy. I urge all OG's to try it out.

I do think we made a major mistake with choosing NC. I agree that the NC weapons pack a punch but it's not always easy to stay on target. And if a few rounds miss doing more damage is useless.

Because it's Free to Play there are large amounts of players with little FPS experience and they simply can't handle the harsh recoil NC weapons have. Because of this NC is getting it's ass kicked on all fronts. And the only type of teamplay I've seen on NC side is gathering in large zergs and moving from zone to zone. This is not the style of gameplay I'm looking for. I would love to move around with an organized infantry squad and cap zones, guerilla-style. Not been able to find any such gameplay yet.

Organized gameplay >> Miller
All the big outfits are there.
But we'll we knew that when we went to Woodman didn't we.
I'll just sit by and wait. Game hasnt been out a week yet. You can't expect all the new players to be excellent shots within a week.

Also , get a forgrip, makes it 20 times better honestly :)

st0mpy
2012-11-25, 03:02
Ok have made an NC account on woodman so I can join you guys on the ground, kinda glad you went there, thought you were all going to Miller :)

but if anyone wants to join TR on Miller feel free, the server crashes every now and again and the queues are terrible but the battles are intense and ive seen at least one big zerg a day

Vercetti
2012-11-28, 23:41
Recycled the SWTOR forums to the Planetside 2 forums :)

WildFox
2013-03-01, 04:35
what server are we on

Burning
2013-03-01, 11:43
what server are we on

We'll , I hate to bring it ya, but there is hardly a OG outfit. Me and Waddy5000 are the only ones who play. Others are not very intrested. Regardless
'we' play NC on Woodman,

Add me, my name is : Burning

I believe st0mpy plays TR on Miller. Not sure if he still does.

Welcome to the Battlefield :D

Neera
2013-03-01, 14:36
European Servers got hacked. You may want to change your password:

http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/27/planetside-2-european-servers-compromised-password-change-required/

Burning
2013-03-01, 18:14
European Servers got hacked. You may want to change your password:

http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/27/planetside-2-european-servers-compromised-password-change-required/

Only the EU account servers. I have a SOE Account from beta. So I am on the US side of account stuff. Fortunately :D

But if you aren't I can agree that it's recommend to change pass. I might even do out of procaution.

Omulet
2013-03-12, 15:32
il defiantly play this, but kinda sucks, when im crashing every 10 min of gameplay

Hangover
2013-05-09, 10:42
Isnツエt it about time that we start up a list of members that play PS2 ? I have played it for a couple of days with Vercetti, Burning, Silverfox, MI6 and Flugger. I think itツエs a great game, but we need to start up a squad that can keep the coop in the game.

Maybe we even could start to recruit members to OG trough the game

Shadowfox
2013-05-09, 10:58
Hangover, recruiting people for a paying clan in a free2play game isn't easy tbh, and we don't need to host servers, ...

Anyway, I enjoy this game when we're really teamplaying. As soon as I need to fly myself, I'm out though.

Burning
2013-05-09, 12:31
NECROO tread

On-topic: Yes Shadow is right. Why would people join a clan with a membership fee when everything they need (server, communication, clan system) is already in the game and totally free.
I reckon we should just Join another outfit. I did this when everybody gave up on this game ^^, haven't regretted 1 second of it.

Shadowfox
2013-05-09, 12:57
The point is Hangover, if we charge people 竄ャ5/month we need to be able to give them something back, right?
Apart from the forums, I don't see what benefits people would get ...

Hangover
2013-05-09, 15:05
Yes youツエr right. My point was infact that we should start up and play more organized on PS2. The question with members was not so important.

Burning
2013-05-09, 15:12
Bottem line is, we need atleast 5x our numbers to be of any impact in most battles. Maybe new Lattice system will change this. We'll wait and see when that comes out, how things turn out.

Hangover
2013-05-09, 16:32
Is it 12 guys in a squad ? And 4 squads in a platoon ?

We would doing great if 5-6 more OG guys would join us. Then we at least would have a squad.

This game is like a FPS of C&C :-)

Eindbaas
2013-05-09, 16:36
I'm creating an account right now!

Hangover
2013-05-09, 19:04
Great Eindbaas ! :-)

http://www.oldguys.eu/file/Hangover/your-country-needs-you.jpg

Shadowfox
2013-05-09, 20:10
Eindbaas, remember: Woodman & New Conglomerate.

Burning
2013-05-09, 23:22
Is it 12 guys in a squad ? And 4 squads in a platoon ?

We would doing great if 5-6 more OG guys would join us. Then we at least would have a squad.

This game is like a FPS of C&C :-)

Yea with 12 guys we can go support battles effectivly. But start and even more importantly ,win our own battles. We need 30+ people Online all the time. A full Platoon of player is what is required to win vs the other outfits.

Either way ,like I said, we'll see what the lattice system will bring us. And we'll see who of all the people who play now will stick around.. At launch OG had 13 people. After 2 weeks 2 were left. Forgive me for being sceptical. But this game isn't for everybody :D

Shadowfox
2013-05-10, 10:54
Well, it looks like a very fun game, but noone really teamplays here.
Public Squads are all over the 3 continents, squad leaders are just talking to eachother but not giving orders, ...

Capturing bases is all about spawnraping, which I don't like.
Veterans have vastly better equipment. Which makes it very hard to win a fight against them.
Dying is also 10x more common then getting a kill which for me makes it even less fun.

All in all, this game has a good concept but there's also a lot of unbalance in this game (especially for newbies) and that is why I will probably not play this actively.

Burning
2013-05-10, 11:56
No Shadow, it's simple. Your Bf3 skills don't instantly transfer.

I can make a lv1 character now, get the default medic gun. And shoot people just as well as somebody who is lv 50. You just think they have vastly better equipment because you lose. Well let me tell you. You lose because they have more experience playing this game than you. Just like a lv 15 guy loses vs a lv100 in bf3. Not because the Lv100 has "better gear" But because he has more experience. You need more practice, more playtime. And you will get better eventually.
Everything new needs practice :) You once started a noob on some fps game. But you didn't give up and now you are here.

Capturing bases is mostly about keeping them in the spawn, I agree, can be boring. But with new lattice system it will change, more frontlines = bigger, longer battles.

Public squads are indeed non organised. Thais why I preach over 50 times a day. JOIN AN OUTFIT (Squad). I would have quit this game months ago if i hadn't joined the 151st. ツ*You simply make no change with 4 people. Constantly get overrun etc which indeed doesn't lead to a very fun experience.

Either way. See for yourself. Like I said, not everybody is able to adapt to this game.

Shadowfox
2013-05-10, 13:20
It is not about the skills, I'm aware that I have much to learn in this game. But the equipment does matter. No matter what situation I get into, the other guy always has better gear/upgrades.

I get into an aircraft, first opponent I fly into has 2x as strong primary weapons, can auto repair, has afterburners, has more powerful secondary weapons, his passengers can drop out without falling to their death, ... Same goes for ground vehicles and/or infantry. A quick glance at the certification points required for any of those upgrades, and I already know that I'll be getting my ass kicked for hours/days before I can get 1 of them.
This makes it very unfair to new players, and makes them quit out of frustration.

Oh yes, ofcourse, I can take a buggy and drive from base to base and repair everything there is to repair. But that isn't what I want to do in a FPS.

Burning
2013-05-10, 13:31
It is not about the skills, I'm aware that I have much to learn in this game. But the equipment does matter. No matter what situation I get into, the other guy always has better gear/upgrades.

I get into an aircraft, first opponent I fly into has 2x as strong primary weapons, can auto repair, has afterburners, has more powerful secondary weapons, his passengers can drop out without falling to their death, ... Same goes for ground vehicles and/or infantry. A quick glance at the certification points required for any of those upgrades, and I already know that I'll be getting my ass kicked for hours/days before I can get 1 of them.
This makes it very unfair to new players, and makes them quit out of frustration.

Oh yes, ofcourse, I can take a buggy and drive from base to base and repair everything there is to repair. But that isn't what I want to do in a FPS.

Yes, on air vehicles certs are important, ground in a sense aswell. But infantry combat is very little influced by certs.
;lv 5 Nanoweave armor (gives more health) costs 1500+ certs to max, and allow the guy to take 1- 2 more bullets. 1 -2 more bullets is nothing.

Also you forgot to mention. You can't fly for shit. So even in the best fighter you'd probably lose xD

Trust me you will get better. Play heavy assault. Thats the combat class. Get the GD-22S , which is like a large clip AR. You will do good with that. Just stick with us, cover buildings. earn certs that way. And you can cert into vehicles if you want then.

Shadowfox
2013-05-10, 14:21
Skills are not the issue here Burning. I know I suck but I don't get the chance to get better as I'm insta-killed as soon as I run into ANY kind of opponent. Oh and that VR crap is just as boring as repairing generators.

How am I supposed to win a fight against someone that flies faster then me, manouvres faster then me, has stronger weapons and DOES NOT NEED TO GET OUT TO REPAIR?! Unless I have 3 other guys backing me up, I'm dead. And that is only if I run into 1 opponent not more ...

Now that I think of it, the only time I had any fun in this game was the 2nd night with Waddy & Frank in that 3-seater aircraft (which just proves my point because waddy's aircraft is maxed out on certs). 1 night of fun, while I had 7 nights of rageQuiting.
I've already accepted that this game isn't for me as I don't enjoy being humiliated for hours on end just to get one (of many) essential upgrade. Unless we have 20 people on teamspeak, I don't think I'll be playing this game any longer.

Burning
2013-05-10, 14:55
Skills are not the issue here Burning. I know I suck but I don't get the chance to get better as I'm insta-killed as soon as I run into ANY kind of opponent. Oh and that VR crap is just as boring as repairing generators.

How am I supposed to win a fight against someone that flies faster then me, manouvres faster then me, has stronger weapons and DOES NOT NEED TO GET OUT TO REPAIR?! Unless I have 3 other guys backing me up, I'm dead. And that is only if I run into 1 opponent not more ...

Now that I think of it, the only time I had any fun in this game was the 2nd night with Waddy & Frank in that 3-seater aircraft (which just proves my point because waddy's aircraft is maxed out on certs). 1 night of fun, while I had 7 nights of rageQuiting.
I've already accepted that this game isn't for me as I don't enjoy being humiliated for hours on end just to get one (of many) essential upgrade. Unless we have 20 people on teamspeak, I don't think I'll be playing this game any longer.

Ok than, thats to bad. But as somebody who has over 300 hours on the ground in planetside 2. I can safely tell you .infantry combat is NOT unbalanced because of certs. You just need to know the game. Yes certs have alot of impact on vehicles. But not so much on infantry. Are you so keen on wanting to fly or something then?

Autorepair doesn't work in combat. Also, NC has the short stick when it comes to fighters. we really have. Our Vortex does most damage, but it has an offset. Reaver is a flying brick ,largest hitbox. So yea. We don't have a good fighter at all. I'll give you that.

Next time we fly liberators, i'll hit you up.

Hangover
2013-05-10, 16:00
Yes burning teached me a few things today. Damn funny !
Give this a shot Shadow. Look at me, which is completely useless in this game. I think it's funny anyway. Why? Well that simple positive development curve of the game. We just need to have some patience. I understand your frustration that meeting opponents with more experience and better things, but it is included as well in the game. They have played longer than us.

Right now I'm glad I managed to buy a rifle scope to my guns. It will increase my chances a bit. Donツエt give up Shadow

Vercetti
2013-05-11, 00:04
1) Shadow you pussy, come online and play with me. Use the certs you eared and buy a nightvision scope and a vertical grip on the medic gun (total 80 certs?). You will pwn then :) This weapon will also work on light assault + engineer i believe.

2) Subscription based: this is under review of course. Like you said, that wouldn't be fair.

3) We are working on the number of players, so we have awesome teamplay.

No reasons to puss out now.

Hangover
2013-05-13, 21:06
Today i spent a couple of hours in the game. I actually managed to kill 5-6 guys before i got killed. The scope and the frontgrip gave me a better weapon. I also tried the Sunderer in a platoon. It worked well and people actually spawned on it.

This game getting better and better. But i need Burning as a guide to develop :-)

st0mpy
2013-05-13, 22:09
Hey guys, sorry for abandoning you, it was clear OG as a large group wasnt going to play it seriously and my game I was playing with OG was falling down the pan (for me) at that time and I could see PS2 could easily be my full time game and thats what happened. Im totally addicted to planetside now.

Rather than play lots of games at once like some I tend to be a one trick pony, ill live and breathe one game till i move on to the next one game, thats just me, and it had to be Miller or im not playing with the cream of other dedicated players. Yes its tough battling sometimes, even my US account on Waterson people mentions Miller as a 'hard server' and thats what I wanted, would rather have a bad kd among the best than a decent one among peons. Thats no reflection on Woodman btw I still have an NC account there. Its got a lot better since SOE sent the nubs in to top it up but ive stopped playing NC entirely, not just because they feel a bit OP atm but I have hearing problem which makes listening to a reaver engine close up painful. Its just a VR account now.

So its TR all the way here now. ツ*I dont really fly for most of the game (altho I was just invited to a liberator outfit on my US account last night, that might be fun) since they STILL have no/poor joystick support and thats how I used to make my magic in the sky in battlefield. Oh well, lucky i like to ground pound too, the game is far too awesome to see it all from a jet and even as a pilot I find lolpods cheap and hate using them.

Anyway greets to all the guys, special mentions to Frank, RPG, ERROR and bebe if hes still here, I miss you all, and is nice to see the academy giving new life to the old game now but im just too far gone for me now to come back, I simply dont have the enthusiasm for P4F any more.

Take care all!

Vercetti
2013-05-13, 23:05
Come back for PS2 :)

error.exe
2013-05-13, 23:45
Stompy, you old wanker..
We miss you!

Glad to see your enjoying yourself on ps2 bro, all the best to you!
One question you must always ask yourself is if your still having fun in the game your at.

Keep rolling bro, ill make sure your greetings land on RPG's and Bebe's doorstep aswel!

st0mpy
2013-05-14, 00:54
Thanks ERROR, yeah ive found fun for sure, massive battles in first person is what Ive wanted all my gaming life. Ive always seen the limitation of server size as a barrier to a broader team based gaming experience, how people organise themselves into huge outfits, form all the different squads of armour, air and ground forces and co-ordinate them across many Km of playfield is amazing, I dont know why but i just have to experience it :)

Frank, if only that were possible mate, outfits are run internally to the game and while there is the external sites, ts etc attached to that its run primarily from the inside out, P2OG would have to be evolved inside the game as a PS2 outfit and add on costs to the existing clan as it grew. Since PS2 outfits are almost entirely run as free to join itll be a tough sell working on anything but a free+donation basis.

Scale wise tho many PS2 outfits number into the hundreds and grow quite quickly so if an internal core team could grow itself it might work financially having maybe 1 in 40 or so donate something to its non profitmaking parent, but it could also present inequities to monthly OG thinking why do all these hundreds of PS2 guys sap our resources for free etc etc. Plus youd have to get the identity right, my EU outfit just went the opposite way and broke away from its community gaming parent into its own site since it turned out well for them and they have more PS2 players now than any other game they used to play. Anyway, just rambling here - im sure youve figured most of this out anyway :)

Burning
2013-05-14, 14:21
Hey guys, sorry for abandoning you, it was clear OG as a large group wasnt going to play it seriously and my game I was playing with OG was falling down the pan (for me) at that time and I could see PS2 could easily be my full time game and thats what happened. Im totally addicted to planetside now.

Rather than play lots of games at once like some I tend to be a one trick pony, ill live and breathe one game till i move on to the next one game, thats just me, and it had to be Miller or im not playing with the cream of other dedicated players. Yes its tough battling sometimes, even my US account on Waterson people mentions Miller as a 'hard server' and thats what I wanted, would rather have a bad kd among the best than a decent one among peons. Thats no reflection on Woodman btw I still have an NC account there. Its got a lot better since SOE sent the nubs in to top it up but ive stopped playing NC entirely, not just because they feel a bit OP atm but I have hearing problem which makes listening to a reaver engine close up painful. Its just a VR account now.

So its TR all the way here now. ツ*I dont really fly for most of the game (altho I was just invited to a liberator outfit on my US account last night, that might be fun) since they STILL have no/poor joystick support and thats how I used to make my magic in the sky in battlefield. Oh well, lucky i like to ground pound too, the game is far too awesome to see it all from a jet and even as a pilot I find lolpods cheap and hate using them.

Anyway greets to all the guys, special mentions to Frank, RPG, ERROR and bebe if hes still here, I miss you all, and is nice to see the academy giving new life to the old game now but im just too far gone for me now to come back, I simply dont have the enthusiasm for P4F any more.

Take care all!

Stompy! Nice hearing from you again.

Don't you dare give woodman slack!! :P
We run the one of the best NC outfit in the world for our size. Also vanu have a strong basis here.
http://www.planetside-universe.com/outfit_leaderboard.php?server=&members=192

TR is heavily overpopulated in miller as far as i have seen. Don't know how that plays out on your side of the fight though :)

You are totally right about building outfits etc. Stuff like this could definitely break a community if it goes wrong. I have joined the 151st myself since there was very little intrested from OG at launch. テつ*I personally am All for joining another outfit with the people we have, but that is a decision not for me to make.. Either way,

add SgtBurning on Miller. that's my TR there. I'd happily play a bit with you for a change if you're interested :D

~Burning