PDA

View Full Version : Mouse tweaks

zladuric
2012-10-17, 20:59
Hi guys,

I have this mouse with some extra keys and I want to put them to good use. It's a Oscar Laser Gaming Mouse XL75BK by A4Tech - nothing fancy, but it has programmable keys and also I have a button to change DPI from 600 to 3000 DPI in 7 steps.

Is there a site or something or advice I could take to make my n00b play better?

Thanks

Burning
2012-10-17, 22:03
Dont know about sites, good thing is to bind spotting, push-to-talk, knife, grenade (?) to your mouse, as these are easy to have within reach.

Also, use numbers 1-4 for equipment switching. This is SOO much faster but frankly very few people do it.

As for DPI. Put it at Â*3000. Then tweak your ingame sensitivity and/or windows sensitivity to make it your pace. (for battlefield, i think about 2,5 centimeters = 360 degrees turn, atleast i have it like that, bit personal aswell). DPI stands for Dots per inch. It shows how much individual spots your mouse can reconize on 1 inch. Needless to say, the more dots, the smaller movement it will pick up, to more accurate it will be. So running your mouse at highest DPI (3000/4000 or higher it wont make much more difference) is a good way to improve you're mouse performance.

zladuric
2012-10-18, 08:48
Ok, sounds smart about DPI - get the mouse to do its best, then adjust to yourself ingame.

About the key bindings, those all sound smart. I see that I can also bind some macros, so maybe something like switch-to-defib/revive/back-to-weapon could also come in handy.

I do use 1-4, it's right under my fingers hehe.

zladuric
2012-10-18, 12:19
Found the link, it's this mouse: http://www.x7.cn/en/product.asp?id=51

Nothing fancy, but not your regular desktop mowsy either :)

With time I'll figure out what to do witth the extra keys.

Macknetic
2012-10-18, 16:03
LvLcap made a nice vid on this. This guy is my favourite source of BF3 YouTube vids. He makes excellent weapon reviews and gameplay vids without feeling the need to promote himself or be the funniest guy on the planet. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=388lm-Be13k&feature=share&list=UUlMXf2oP5UiW_V4dwHxY0Mg

Burning
2012-10-18, 18:37
Sensitivity is way to personal. I use to play @ 3600 DPI at great effect. Now i play at a lower sensitivity, its just what you are used to. So ,i'd just keep what you have now zladuric, since your new to BF3, i'd keep it at what you have now until you become better, then you can increase/decrease it, to improve yourself even more.

Levelcap is a good commentator that makes usefull videos, you could learn some Â*info and such.
better ego-xfactor on most things, however his videos on tanks and peaking are usefull to watch :)

Macknetic
2012-10-18, 19:13
Totally agree with Burning, it's very much a personal thing. I don't want to overload you with advice here but I'm gonna give you two tips that made a big difference for me personally:

- I followed the advice of YouTubers rivalxfactor and lvlcap and decreased my sensitivity drastically. At first it felt awkward and it took time to get used to it. But here's the thing: 80-90% of the targets you fire at will be in a small cone in front of you. There is barely any need to make large turns quickly. What you need is being able to fire accurately in that small cone and lower mousespeed makes that much easier. Try it out.

- Not everyone does this but I use the Right Mouse Button to toggle aiming down the sight of your gun instead of holding down that button. You can change this in the options screen in the game. That way you don't have to hold that button down while moving the mouse to aim.

Good luck man! And you can always ask one of the OG's for more advice. There is no such thing as a noob question!

FluggerNO
2012-10-18, 19:36
Thanks for posting that video Macknetic ÂÂ*:D
Did what the it says and it helps a lot ÂÂ*:D

Burning
2012-10-18, 19:59
Totally agree with Burning, it's very much a personal thing. I don't want to overload you with advice here but I'm gonna give you two tips that made a big difference for me personally:

- I followed the advice of YouTubers rivalxfactor and lvlcap and decreased my sensitivity drastically. At first it felt awkward and it took time to get used to it. But here's the thing: 80-90% of the targets you fire at will be in a small cone in front of you. There is barely any need to make large turns quickly. What you need is being able to fire accurately in that small cone and lower mousespeed makes that much easier. Try it out.

- Not everyone does this but I use the Right Mouse Button to toggle aiming down the sight of your gun instead of holding down that button. You can change this in the options screen in the game. That way you don't have to hold that button down while moving the mouse to aim.

Good luck man! And you can always ask one of the OG's for more advice. There is no such thing as a noob question!

Agree, lower sensitivity works alot better on Battlefield. I use 1 low profile and then i can switch to 2nd profile (which is faster) for shotgunning and tanks :D. Not all mice support this though. I use Steelseries Sensei.

As for toggle ads, i use that aswell, less strain on your hand. found my clicking to be faster/more accurate when i dont have to hold down right mouse button.

janbo872
2012-10-30, 15:59
800 dpi for me .. works much better then 3000 dpi or more ..

Burning
2012-10-30, 18:11
800 dpi for me .. works much better then 3000 dpi or more ..
Nope it doesnt, and it never will
DPI Â*is NOT sensitivity. Its dots per inch ,and as explained above, the more you have, the more accurate your mouse.
SO higher is always better. You can adjust your sensitivity in windows. Under mouseoptions in the configuration screen, or in battlefield itself with the slider.

That high sensitivity doesnt work for you has nothing to do with DPI.