PDA

View Full Version : AMD Radeon Ramdisk

Caveman
2012-10-13, 07:46
Overview

AMD Radeon™ RAMDisk is designed to put PC users more in control of what is stored in their RAM - enjoy the ability to create virtual drives that can offer maximum security, extreme performance and a seamless user experience. The result – an affordable drive with no moving parts at a cost you can afford.

How it Works

AMD Radeonâ„¢ RAMDisk is a kernel-level driver that presents a standard disk drive to the Operating System. It stores and retrieves data from the system RAM on your motherboard instead of an actual, physical disk. Along with the Kernel Driver is a GUI that talks to the driver and allows the user to set various options as well as create or delete the RAMDisk.

AMD Radeonâ„¢ RAMDisk is similar to a hard disk. Just like in regular disk drives, applications such PC games or software suites will create temporary files. Additional memory should be set aside to accommodate temporary files created by these applications. When creating a RAMDisk the types of files you plan to load can affect the size of the disk in relation to the available system memory. With the chart below see how far your system memory can go with AMD Radeonâ„¢ RAMDisk.

http://www.amd.com/PublishingImages/Public/Graphic_ChartsDiagrams/PNG/ramdisl_recommendation_chart_750x156.png

Is a RAMDisk Right For You

AMD Radeonâ„¢ RAMDisk is designed to meet the needs of our customers no matter what their RAMdisk needs are or what their PC knowledge is. Check out the chart and identify yourself with one of the users. Try it free today.

http://www.amd.com/PublishingImages/Public/Graphic_ChartsDiagrams/PNG/ramdisk_usage_chart_722x256.png

Download it from here: http://www.radeonramdisk.com/

zladuric
2012-10-14, 18:43
Did you try it? Is it any good?

Caveman
2012-10-14, 19:25
Yes i installed it and it works! makes everything a bit faster.

The whole benefit list is what i tested and it all works!

zladuric
2012-10-15, 08:35
Basically the game should be loading faster?
I do have 8 gigs of RAM, but it's not that fast. Don't know if I would benefit from it.

Cave, since you seem to be the tech guy around here, do you have any general and specific recommendations on reducing ping? I have an aDSL line, and the ping is a bit lousy, 50ms at the speedtest, but in-game always around 70 or even more.

Do you know if I could do something about it? Open up a port or two, setup some specific routes or DNS or something?

Or is it pretty much it?

Gisse
2012-10-15, 15:29
If you have such ping you should have some advantage over rest of people ;) That is because DICE net code which is, lightly told, bad.

zladuric
2012-10-15, 16:12
Yeah, but whenever I looked, I was in the worse half of players on the server.

Caveman
2012-10-15, 17:24
the only thing i can think of with dsl is make sure all the wires are good quality and distance to distribution point makes a big difference!

also make sure line between modem and wall plug is short.

What modem do you have? Mayby custom firmware will help?

0daro0
2012-10-15, 18:48
nice ill test it right away . thnx !

zladuric
2012-10-16, 08:53
Please post the results too :)

0daro0
2012-10-19, 11:40
how can i instal this on the good way ?, because it doesnt recognize my memory i got 8 GB ddr 3

would be nice if i can ÂÂ*get it to work :D