PDA

View Full Version : Kicked again for cheating...

Kaspiris
2012-09-20, 03:09
So who remembers this thread?

http://oldguys.eu/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4931&highlight=kaspiris

Where the admins on this server had to clear my name as I kept getting kicked/banned from the #7 24/7 metro server by other admins based solely on my score and not anything that I was doing wrong. ツ*I am not going to go over why I am legit and a proven gamer as all that can be read on that locked thread above, but something has to be done as to how admins try to judge who is legit or not.

So I haven't played BF3 in months and recently started to play a bit again. ツ*So I come to the server I spend most of my time on and get kicked for reason: Hacking/Cheating is exactly what it said. ツ*At this point, I can't even take this as a compliment which is what I normally do. ツ*It's frustrating having to keep defending yourself. ツ*I wasn't even tearing it up or having one of my better games where I go 104-9 or whatever. ツ*I was 26-6 before I got kicked.

The only admin I think in the server was JimDijkstra86NL and from what a friend of mine told me that knows all the admins is that it was Jim that kicked me. ツ*Considering I did nothing suspicious and that my score wasn't that great, I have come to the conclusion that I probably kept killing this admin and he raged, abused his power, and simply kicked me for no good reason. ツ*Are these the type of admins on this server now? ツ*

Or maybe he was mad that his team was 3 capping our team when I joined the server, and 10 minutes later we had control of most of the map and the lead coming back from a 300 ticket deficit and eventually won from what the battlelog says. ツ*I love it when I join servers on the losing team to come back and win and that was robbed from me because this admin couldn't control his temper. ツ*Hopefully I get an explanation because these are the only assumptions I can come up with. ツ*The battlelog can be seen here:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/44148493/1/251621923/

Gisse
2012-09-20, 09:10
Hello Kaspiris,

Sorry for this. What to tell you except that, all make mistakes. Jimm didn't kick you becouse he raged or something as he is calm guy テつ*:) .

Probably he recognized you as cheater. Problem in game is that it is sometime hard to distinct cheaters from good players. You need to have really long analysis of stats to figure out what is going on. He made mistake.

Unfortunately you have curse of "cheating accusation" on your back like most of good players.

I am really sorry that this happened. I hope that you will come back on Old Guys Gaming servers in future.

janbo872
2012-09-20, 12:04
Hello kaspiris ,

Thank u for your message, and i am also sorry for this .. hope to see ya on the field again.

Greetings Janbo

JimDijkstra86NL
2012-09-20, 20:56
First off sorry for the late respond, i was way to tired to write any kind of proper post. :oops: (witch you deserve to say the least, if you would ask me)

My humble apology's for the kick, seriously sorry.
And trust me i feel awfull about it even after "some sleep" (cuz i seriously could almost not sleep at all becuase of this)
This is also one of the main reasons i seriously hate to kick/ban for cheating, i wrather kick/catch one actual then twentyfive "possible" cheaters
It's exacly one of the reasons i also work my butt off every week to prevent that something like this happens again. ツ*:oops:
I try to learn as mutch as my mind can handle when it comes to catching actual cheaters.
the things that make it seriously hard for me personally are things like people messing around/trolling each other with a monotone voice saying he's a hacker, thats a cheater.
it makes it hard for me to judge and hear if they are joking or seriously need to get the player kicked.
I heard from natorrr on battlelog that you folks are friends and even know each other from real life:

(the chathistory from battlelog)
Natorrr
02:54
hey. did you ban kaspiris?
hes not a hacker nor a cheater. if you go to his page hes a really good bf3 player. i know him in real life and i know he doesnt cheat lol. and i know the ban is for one hour but still you shouldnt just ban someone wihtout knowing who they are, how they play, and if they are really cheating.
26-6 is not a cheating score. i do that all the time because him and I have skill. =S other people do too.
and you should not have rekicked him for cheating after he joined again to help teh losing team. get your facts straight if you're going to be an OG admin because you need to moderate the game correctly, not incorrectly if im not mistaken.
no hostility buddy since i dont have admin anymore i just am looking out for my friend and for you too. :)

As soon as i saw that i immidiatly went looking for 2,5 to 4 ours in the server logfile's to see what exacly happend.
(I dont care what or how long it takes, i'm the kind of guy that keeps pushing himself untill its sorted out)
i found that you only got kicked once and never got banned-|in the last 24 ours at least|-{witch i wrather dont do in most cases becuase of situations like this)
I also found that you "left" the server a couple of times. witch usually means you had a time-out or got disconnected.

Like gisse mentioned i am a calm guy, and always trying to get the best out of people.
And the moment i get even close to raging/admin abuse witch is VERY unlikely, i iether try to calm down or just focus on something else to do.
what i look at/for when catching cheaters:
I dont really look at scores it just points out cheaters テ。nd good players.(ofcourse duz work for obvious cheaters) ツ*
The things i look for are of course stats(with cheat-o-meters and bf3 stats), damage per bullet on each weapon in different situations, playingstyle(movement behavior), tactics, and a tiny part of ingame chat, bisides that ofcourse the global reaction of players and members ingame and on Teamspeak.
If you got any tips, tricks, links or any other ideas to improve my/our skills on catching cheaters please leave a post in BF3 general or send me a PM
again sorry for the kick, i really hope to see you on our servers again.
if you ever need help from an admin or need support on whatever just hop on TS or the livesupport they are both on our website on the top off the homepage.

best regards, from the admin to blame :oops: JimD :oops:

Kaspiris
2012-09-21, 01:12
I appreciate the response from everyone. テつ*

I was able to get back on later, which shows I wasn't permanently banned. テつ*I only came back on once, said a few things to you Jim in game, and then left the server so I didn't get disconnected or time out.

Jim, as for catching actual cheaters, I have seen many cheaters get caught and kicked automatically by Punkbuster. テつ*Aside from that, in all the hours I have played, I have only see 1 person blatantly cheat that didn't get caught by PB in this game and it was on your servers. テつ*I actually reported him in the locked thread I linked above. テつ*He was moving while firing the PKP at sniper rifle range getting non stop head shots at 200-300 yards. テつ*He is the only one I know that was cheating 100%. テつ*The key word there is 100%. テつ*If you ever saw an aimbot in the CoD games, it's rather easy to pick them out and one of the reasons I play BF3 more than MWF3 is the amount of blatant cheaters (aimbotters) you see in the CoD games.

There are a few others I have seen on your servers that are suspicious, but they are also smart enough to not be entirely blatant about it. テつ*So I am not 100% sure if they are cheaters or have cheated. テつ*Aimbots are easy to pick out, as stats from that game can tell you that if you don't realize it in game. テつ*But the hardest cheaters to pick out are wallhackers. テつ*These guys will never get killed from behind or the side unless they are already busy fighting someone else. テつ*They always know where everyone is. テつ*But that is very hard to determine from simply observing. テつ*I remember in Counter-Strike wall hackers would let you kill them from behind the odd time to try throw off admins.

I think as admins, you should focus more on kicking those who are exploiting bugs or spots that aren't intended to be used on maps. テつ*Should focus more on nuking maps when a team is getting base raped. テつ*One of the reasons I always came back to your server was Natorr & andBallz nuking a team that was clearly stacked and spawn raping the other team giving the losing team to at least get out of their spawn and into a better defensive position. テつ*Trying to focus on catching cheaters will drive you crazy, because unless they are blatantly aimbotting, the rest is a pure judgement call, and even if you're right, you really have no way to prove it.