PDA

View Full Version : Server #7 Fun

sharic22
2012-09-10, 16:50
As a trial member I have been spending considerable time in Server #7 and have been seeing constant disregard for the base rape rule when no admin is on. I understand how this can happen, especially when there are rules but no one bothers to read them. I think the base raping rule on Metro is a very good one - I think it encourages balanced gameplay. This is a unique "feature" of server #7 in particular, and I am wondering if this has turned into a potential admin nightmare.

New visitors have no clue about the rule. I feel like a crybaby reminding people to read the rules when I am on the losing team and we have 8 enemy players behind our spawn points in the main deployment setting up mobile spawn, etc. But the fact remains, with the no base rape rule, people have longer games, more people score higher points overall, and it's generally a lot more fun for everyone. I certainly don't mind having to clear out an encampment in our uncap "the old fashioned way", but it seems like a huge waste of time since I and hopefully others have come there to NOT experience base rape, either as winner or loser. I think base rape is the LEAST interesting as winner, because it's kind of like shooting my grandmother in a wheelchair.

Members, do you feel like I should just stop whining and stay the course?

Do you think !votenuke is an effective countermeasure in the case of no admin on staff?

Shadowfox
2012-09-10, 17:03
Server #7 has been raising a few questions with more members, it is something that will be discussed in the staff meeting tonight.
We'll get back to you on it :)

sharic22
2012-09-10, 17:11
Server #7 has been raising a few questions with more members, it is something that will be discussed in the staff meeting tonight.
We'll get back to you on it :)

THANKS!

janbo872
2012-09-10, 17:30
Next to my opinion in the moderator section about server 7, i saw these rules on a other clanserver:

These rules apply across the OTT servers. Â*Should a game require a 'specific' rule set it will be added here.

No cheating - If you have been banned on one of our servers for cheating you may make an appeal in the cheat report section. Â*Please be dignified about it as a crappy attitude will most likely be met with a 'crappy' response. Â*Some games provide plenty of evidence and some do not. Â*If your ban concerns BF3 then the decision would have been made on reports, stats annalysis and admin experience. Â*Here is not the place to debate this, please take the lack of 'spectate' and 'battle recorder' up with DICE/EA. Â*That said, mistakes are made so do please make an appeal, we are always willing to take another look at our decisions.
No Player Abuse; this is defined as; No racism, No Homophobia, No direct verbal abuse, No trolling. Â*There is currently about 7 words on a blacklist. Typing these words in chat may result in an automatic kick or temp ban. Â*Repeat offences may result in a perm ban. Please treat your fellow gamers with a baseline of respect.
No promoting of websites, clans or servers.
No Baserape; This rule pertains in particular to the Battlefield series. Â*Baserape defined as; Shooting directly into enemy base, Camping outside the base when flags are available, there are two exceptions to this rule 1. When a player is shooting from the spawn, this is 'drawing' enemy fire and thus permitted. 2. 'Spawntrap', this is not to be confused with 'Baserape'. Â*If one team hold all flags and have positioned themselves between the enemy base and the flags, then this is known as a 'spawntrap'. Â*It is a legitimate part of the game. Â*Please note that 'spawnkilling' is also different, you have a spawn screen please select your spawn carefully.
Play the Objective - we mainly play 'team based' games and thus want to run our servers in this manner. Â*If you want to improve your K/DR please play TDM. If an admin tells you to PTFO please follow the instruction or you may be kicked.
No Glitching - this will be defined by the active admin. There is guidance for admins on this subject as with the other rules.