PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Desktop.

jdgstyl
2012-07-31, 21:35
Hey all.

today ive spoken with some members about getting a gaming desktop since my laptop keeps going on fire.
They advised me to make this topic in this section so here it is.

Im looking for someone that can make me a very good desktop for around 5/6000 euro's EXCL mouse , keyboard , monitor. ( Cheaper is allways welcome ofcourse )

Is there anyone who couldt do this for me??( Preferably in the netherlands like me makes it a bit easier talking money and trust wise)

The desktop must be able to run bf3 on maximum settings and others game comparing to bf3 to.

I would to have a intel i7 Overclocked to around 4.2ghz in it.
Watercooling Preferable crycogentic ( might have misspelled that one ;p ) on CPU ,Motherboard and all GFX cards.
3/4 GFX cards PROPER ONES
32/64G ram

Dont care for the case aslong as i can see inside the clean and nice cables and tubes love that.

for those who think they can make me this please let me know a specification of prices including montage costs.

Shadowfox
2012-08-01, 00:56
All I can say is; What are you planning to do? Run BF3 in 3 monitor setup at 200 fps?

And I think that even to do that, your setup would still be overkill.
Anyway good luck finding someone.

Caveman
2012-08-01, 06:19
Moved your topic to the right place :wink:

If you need any help building just give me a yell.

Gisse
2012-08-01, 07:33
Cave, i was thinking about you when told him to post this topic ;)

Burning
2012-08-01, 13:20
Lol, Cryo cooling is only for overclockers, you cant use that on a normal CPU, you'd be pouring cans of liquid nitrogen all the time etc. Also Why do you want to spend 6000 bucks on a system thats just as old in 4 years as a 2000 euro one. Seems like waste to me, 2x680, 16gb ram, One of Ivy's i7's good CPU cooler, should do you fine, you run BF3 and all other games max settings max fps. CPu easily gets to 4.2ghz, and setup last your 4 years atleast.

Spending so much money on hardware is a stupid decision, its like cars, very bad investment, in 2 years it wont even be worth 50% of what you originally payed for it.

jdgstyl
2012-08-01, 14:31
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I dont know that much about computers otherwise id make them myself.
Thing is when i want to costumise them online i end up around 8000 so figured 5000 would be right +- .

Dont care much for overkill since this probably is the last gaming pc ill ever buy i just want it brutal...

Burning
2012-08-01, 14:38
Ha, online pre-made pc's are overpriced as hell.

You can buy a BF3 Max capable gaming rig for 1400 euro

there is a dutch shop called Azerty, they offer to assemble the parts you buy, it costs like 50 bucks, but it means you only have to open up the case to get the shipping foam out, plug it in ,and then your ready to go. Also , for PC gaming you need Â*new gpu's every 5 or so years. Thats just how it goes :).

List so far (http://azerty.nl/winkelmandje/winkelmandje/?legen=1&product%5B283170%5D=1&product%5B277222%5D=1&product%5B279720%5D=1&product%5B433238%5D=1&product%5B400619%5D=1&product%5B459332%5D=1&product%5B459149%5D=1&product%5B452185%5D=2&product%5B509479%5D=2&product%5B496343%5D=1)

This is what i quickly put together, everything you need, its very rough though, can do alot of tweaking etc for better parts. I'll make a post for you on Hardware.info, asking those Experts around there what they whould change. This runs everything you want it too easily. Never will need a better Powersupply. You got a SSD for fast boot etc etc. Not exactly sure how the Azerty Assemly works, you should mail them about that.

Case ofcourse is a bit personal so i just slapped one in :P Its good cooled one but there are plenty of options, aslong as its big enough for 2 beefy cards its ok.

So tell me what you think (Dont order it yet, its unchecked list i did in few min :P)
And its pretty pricey in my taste, but since its about half of what you expected to spent :)

jdgstyl
2012-08-01, 16:49
Not to bad in my opinion but this doesnt include liquid cooling does it?

Also i wouldnt know how good this is , last time i had knowledge about these parts was when the Nvidea GT 6800 came out LOL

So yeah.. any advice is very welcome ofcourse!

Lot less then what i wanted to spend wich is allways a good thing.

Burning
2012-08-01, 20:51
Well, Socket 2011 is the high end cpu socket of this moment, ivy bridge are latest cpu's around of which this is one of the fastest. Dominator Ram never fails to impress, goes for all Corsair products if you ask me, they make solid shit.

As for graphic cards, 680 is the fastest single GPU on the planet atm, you got 2, to give you an impression: 1 runs everything maxed out easily , 70-80 fps on bf3 on a single monitor.
Sabertooth motherboards always good quality ,previous generation has proven that, so these will be the same. 1000Watt gold PSU is both very effecient and economic, and is also plenty of power, you could run 3 680's with that. Yes it is true that isnt liquid cooling, but liquid cooling is , well expensive. But aside from that, i have 0 knowledge about it, its a big hassle having to clean it every so months , if it leaks your whole machine is fucked etc. While the new sandy & ivy bridge cpu's overclock to 4.4 ghz easily on just air cooling.

If you want something liquid i'd recommend one of those Airsealed kits, like the Corsair H100. There "Plug & Play"
No maintenance.

Gisse
2012-08-01, 20:55
About water cooling you should talk with Caveman ;)