PDA

View Full Version : Suggests smaller maps...

Jonostra
2012-06-24, 14:55
Since the new OG servers, the 'max players' were already cut in half at some maps, I liked it allot. However, I still think 32 players is too much, and that even goes for a map like Caspian.

I personally like smaller amount of players as I have allot more survivability when there are fewer players. Its easyer, and allot more fun to fight out duels with someone you just saw running around a corner. Thinking about where he'll go, if he saw you or not and deciding what action to perform next. If you ask me its allot more tactical when there are fewer players in the field, and it may even encourage the teamplay, and squads working together. Besides, and I mean it, what so fun about spawning, raping just one player, and get blown to bits one second later again?

So I hereby want to vouch for scrapping one or two 32 maps, and split em into four 8's and two 16's or something. There could be like several Metro 8's, one Caspian 16's and one Karkand 16's or whatever.

Who's with me here? And why, or why not?

Burning
2012-06-24, 14:58
8 amd 16 is way to low for me, nothing to shoot :) 24 will go though. Problem is, hard to fill such servers, not so many people play 24, let alone 16 or 8.

Jonostra
2012-06-24, 15:02
Maybe for a clan the size of OG it will attract players enjoying this type of play. :)

rnscotch
2012-06-24, 18:48
Have you tried playing Squad DM that usually has smaller servers 16's up to 32's and is usually more tactical.

verdigo
2012-06-25, 22:03
i usual play in caspian... and i like when max ppl is somewhere 30-40. over that my game goes laggy that 200 ping even i has 80 ping. you know what i mean.