PDA

View Full Version : OG#3 !commands abused

SenateZ
2012-06-03, 22:39
It was in a "fun concept", nevertheless it was abused, a member was even banned for votekick command abuse.

Personally, I appreciate having the ability to know my overall stats on the server (!stats) because the P4F stats page on OG is outdated. Is there a way to limit the kick/ban commands to either staff or players that have more than 30 hours gameplay on that server? Just to control abuse.

When they kept votekicking, I said "Stop it! you'll get these commands disabled if they were abused.". Then they started a vote "votekick SenateZ for being grumpy" and some actually voted for the heck of it, to be honest, if this happens frequently it would turn into chaos.

In my opinion, such commands should be limited, if possible.

Apologies if I'm being too forward, only trying to see if there is a solution for this issue.

Screenshot: http://i47.tinypic.com/fdd55v.jpg

error.exe
2012-06-04, 09:08
Good point! Thank you for bringing it forward!

RPGforYOU
2012-06-04, 13:14
Every ban or votekick from it!

Is only a ban of 10 minutes! After 10m you can join again!

We are aware of the abuse! And I will punish all the abuse!
All those that votekick with not a good reason will be punished!
Will go to the logs and hand out some 3 kicks to the user + some warning messages ;)

This server help ability's are still very much in development so bare with it! ;)
It's more testing a bit how it would perform as well! :)

But thanks for the report, abuse images and feedback are always appreciated!

SenateZ
2012-06-04, 17:42
Definitely understandable, ÂÂ*the main reason I reported this issue is that I didn't want to have on "my record" a kick/ban just because a group of people thought it was fun.

I like the stats command, keeps the friendly competitive atmosphere alive, that's why I don't want these commands to be disabled due to abuse.

Thanks for the response, much appreciated.

Error, check your PM pl0x.

st0mpy
2012-06-04, 23:55
votes should be at *least* 10, not six thats far too low and is begging for abuse

leaving it at six means more abuse like this above and other stuff, eg people that pwn will get voted out, and we have a record of being skilled player friendly and that wont go down well if a bunch of noobs vote out our high skills guys, i certainly dont want to get six voted because i bombed the shit out of too many people

ten however would be better so that it would take reasonable people to vote too, eg to get rid of a known hacker or someone obviously shotgunning/nade boosting, six leaves it open for a handful of asshole kids to piss off players getting on with their game on our servers

SenateZ
2012-06-06, 09:44
I was wondering about something with the votekick command, it says "vote yes", meaning to type "yes", but that's a very common word. Can that be changed to "voting yes" instead of just "yes"?

The reason I'm asking is to avoid confusion, if a votekick was created and someone asks "Do recons use pistols?" lol, you'll have a couple of yes votes from players not realizing they're voting. Just brainstorming and thought I'd let you know.

RPGforYOU
2012-06-06, 10:15
Not really stompy I see around 25 votekicks on our 3 servers.
And they all failed because not enough votes. And then you wanna push it to 10? :p

Also there will be worked on a !exclude function. Where you can !exclude certain amount of people from the votekick.
Also as admin !stopvote is already here, will make the votekick stop.

It's still under change the little function! ;)

st0mpy
2012-06-13, 02:29
most votes SHOULD fail since voting often is for the wrong reason, is not supported by the crowd or is being used as a tool to bully another player.

6 yesses is far too low, alarm bells rung as soon as I saw it, and obviously we see its being abused already - and no some kind of punishment after, if anyone bothers to read the logs isnt enough, its too late, damage is already done, not everyones going to come and complain, many will just take the punishment and remember our servers as home to assholes in future.

this is not the first time im using voting on servers either, I used to have mapvote and kickvote in my script toolbag before when I ran a dozen servers. In BF2 is was set too high, but 6, thats handing control to idiots.

trust me the first time im kicked by a group of 6 whiners for pwning in a jet is the day ill change it myself, 6 opens the doors to exactly the wrong kind of people wheras 10 needs some sensible people to agree and vote too- and it would happen if there was a big enough problem, 10 would be easy to get if it was say, an aimbot cheater.

Its been on barely 2 weeks and already its obvious the numbers need changing up, 6 is just the default, what number would you suggest instead so we dont get more posts like the OPs?

SenateZ
2012-06-13, 22:47
I wasn't really complaining, was just concerned for the same exact reasons st0mpy mentioned. I used to play in specific hours when I'm free, but now I actually changed my "schedule" to a time where most or many players are unaware of the commands, which basically makes me enjoy the game without thinking of "I better not get a good kill streak, might get a black dot on my record"... not exactly, but you get my point.

Like I said in my first post, I really enjoy these commands and would hate for them to be disabled because of abuse, any limitation will help imho. Have you thought about changing "yes" to "voting yes" or anything similar? Just to ÂÂ*avoid tricking players into typing "yes" in chat when a vote is started.

At any rate, this is merely a concern, I know OG and how it's ran that is why I'm sticking around and not "abandoning" it easily, though, new players might not be as understanding.

error.exe
2012-06-14, 08:50
to just raise to 8, or 10 perhaps even.

RPGforYOU
2012-06-14, 11:06
The votekick has been raised yesterday from 6 to 8.