PDA

View Full Version : Server #3 Balance Plugin

Shadowfox
2012-05-21, 12:56
Please remove it, 5v3+1afk, we have all flags and doesn't let me switch teams. Even using procon it still switches me back.
Please fix it or remove it.

C4b4nossi
2012-05-22, 00:49
adjusted it to the following settings:
Up to 8 players: max 1 playerdifference.
9 or more players: max 2 playerdifference.

Serverside autobalance (required for server to show up in "standard" battlelogfilter) does his job also, but afaik only on roundchange.

It' s a small path between full-server-balance and start-up-idling... maybe kick idlers. Other suggestions?

Shadowfox
2012-06-07, 23:51
I would like to follow up on this.

Tonight I found out that there is another problem. I was trying to balance the server out, but it refused to move players to the winning team (in order to make room in the losing team for better players). 'SHAME ON YOU!' plugin if it rings any bells.
So yeah, even though I could move players to the losing team I couldn't move others to the winning team.

Please kick that winning team plugin out, the balance plugin does the work anyway.

Also, with the auto voting, sometimes a map is twice in the vote options and I also noticed that suddenly we were playing with tanks on Tehran Highway. I guess theres something off with the maplist. If you can check that aswell.

On a positive note, the server stays alive once it gets started, it's a pretty popular server with just as much regulars as our metro server. I think we did a good job with introducing that one.

TenFPS
2012-06-08, 01:34
There seems to an issue lately - I think it was partly noted in a thread started by a dice employee in the PC section. Right now it's possible to be "ghosted" with no server recognizable GUID... well, here is a partial quote from DICE.

"..There are two known bugs in Server R24 (which is currently running on all servers).
The first, and biggest, is that players who enter via the join queue will not get GUIDs. Also, "player.onJoin" events are not sent. This confuses some third party admin tools. PunkBuster does not always display these players in the "pb_sv_plist" output either. So-called 'ghost players' are caused by this as well.."

What I have noticed is that sometimes, if the player you are trying to moved is "ghosted" you can't move them, kick them or ban them and as a side-note it is allowing pb globally banned players access to servers atm - and they know it. =p

TR1OX1N
2012-06-08, 01:38
Could this also explain a lot of these black pb screenshots?

TenFPS
2012-06-08, 01:47
Could this also explain a lot of these black pb screenshots?

Very possibly - I know that commands issued on such a player act funny. For example: last night on a TDM server a few of us OG guys were playing on we encountered a very blatant aimbotter. We tried to !votekick him ... but everytime we did the script would select some random other player and initiate the vote on the wrong person. Was baffling.

But luckily DICE says they are rolling out a fix for this next week.

C4b4nossi
2012-06-08, 02:40
I would like to follow up on this.

Tonight I found out that there is another problem. I was trying to balance the server out, but it refused to move players to the winning team (in order to make room in the losing team for better players). 'SHAME ON YOU!' plugin if it rings any bells.
So yeah, even though I could move players to the losing team I couldn't move others to the winning team.

Please kick that winning team plugin out, the balance plugin does the work anyway.

Also, with the auto voting, sometimes a map is twice in the vote options and I also noticed that suddenly we were playing with tanks on Tehran Highway. I guess theres something off with the maplist. If you can check that aswell.

On a positive note, the server stays alive once it gets started, it's a pretty popular server with just as much regulars as our metro server. I think we did a good job with introducing that one.

OK....the "shame on you" function is just a function within the balance plugin. Will turn it off. Too much false positives.
When the server refuses any playermovement, <<<look>>> (http://oldguys.eu/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5371). The server allows 2 switches per player per round. No matter if triggered by the player or by an admin/plugin.

Mapvotes: will have a look on that. Probalbly just more voteoptions given than maps in the list.
Vehicles: When the server is empty, It is supposed to set to Normal Mode Metro to fill up again. Once filled it swtiches to "No vehicles" with other maps... Â* fixed.
"Infantry only" results in the server not showing up as "normal" in battlelog but "custom" and wont be found by players running default filters.