PDA

View Full Version : Keybinding issue, need some advice

Macknetic
2012-05-16, 11:23
I've been setting up some keybinds for quick access to sec weapon and gadgets during combat. My Razer Naga mouse has two buttons for the index finger right next to mousebutton 1. I don't mean the big 12 button numpad on the side which doesn't register in BF3 at all for some reason. The two 'index' buttons register in BF3 as mousebuttons 3 and 4.

I'm using button 3 for Gadget 1 and button 4 for Gadget 2. The weird thing is that button 3 works fine when I play as medic or support and allows me to quickly throw down med or ammo packs. But when I play engineer or sniper and I try to use the same keybound button to grab the RPG or the TUG it doesn't work. It's the same gadget slot but now nothing happens.

All other keybinds work fine except for this issue. It shouldn't be a mouse issue because button 3 does register and I can bind it. It just doesn't work during play. Is there any difference between grabbing a medpack and grabbing a RPG for keybinding?

Anyone with a similar experience or any knowledge that can clear this up?

Thanks!

Champ
2012-05-16, 12:16
Not sur but as Medic / support it is an item you aim and throw, the two others are either a weapon or something you have to place.

If you see what i mean ?

Macknetic
2012-05-16, 12:48
Hmm indeed, there is a difference there. Thanks for pointing that out. Right now if I use button 3 for medpack/ammo I select it + throw it in one action. I guess the specific action I would like to assign to button 3 is selecting gadget 1 in each of the 4 roles, not necessarily selecting + using it. Selecting + using works for medpack/ammo but not for something like an RPG.

Macknetic
2012-05-16, 13:09
After some additional googling I solved the issue. Had to keybind both 'Select underslung weapon' AND 'Select gadget 1' to button 3 for it to work.

Gisse
2012-05-16, 14:04
I have some 6-7 nuttons on my mouse so i places like this: middle one is team speak, on thumb i have 3 more for primary and secondary weapon and knife. That is all what i have to use fast. Rest can be on keyboard on usual location.