PDA

View Full Version : Need some Help on this Shizz (Headsets, Keyboard,SDD)

Burning
2012-04-10, 20:43
Eey guys!

Ok,now i got some serious $$$$ for my B-day ,so i want to buy something for my PC
Now i got my eye on these 2 Corsair product ( CORSAIR , WHOOW!!, yes im a fanboy, suck it down 8) テつ*)

The Corsair K90 keyboard, because i LOVE the look ,and a backlit keyboard + macro keys and a properly working spacebar whouldnt hurt (my current spacebar works not all the time if i press it) oo and the K90 is mechanical aswell.

And the other contender is a Corsair Force 3 90GB SSD. Which is obviously for a faster pc.

Now alot of people have told me SSD, since it speeds up my design work (AE, Vegas, C4D, PS) and my Windows and everything. Which is true, but a semi broken spacebar is a REAL pain in the ass, trust me. Especially with typing, but aswell with playing games, now i can do with it, but a new keyboard whould help. And i've been eye balling that Corsair one for last few months. Both are priced around a 110 euro's

On the Headset aspect, i currently have a Razer Charcarias, which works fine and doesnt need replacement. BUT, i go to (HBO) higher education next year, i'll call it college to make it better understandable to you non dutch guys. Now i get a Laptop to work on there, i will study IT and Media design. Now i need a headset to work with the Laptop. I dont know which laptop yet, but looking at a Headset wont hurt.

Now i want Headset not a headphone, because the mic can come in handy if i decide to record something at school or skype with somebody.
Now the dillema i ran into is Soundcards, buying a headset with build in soundcard might benefit me because of onboard sound on a laptop not being so great (like Corsair HS1's Headset) but then your looking into alot more pricy headsets compared to analog.

Not quite sure about the headset part so to speak, Now i need some help deciding what to get.

And anybody advice on headsets? I need one that can play proper sound, because i might have the need to work with audio. Also something that can be mobile (not huge heavy etc) whould be a must.

Thanks in advance guys ;)

~Burning

iNco782
2012-04-11, 06:32
Not trying to break up your love affair with Corsair (i know it rymes im a fkin poet) but have you considered the Razer Blackwidow Ultimate keyboard.

It ticks all your boxes with a mechanical keyboard, is backlit and has macro function. テつ*Also comes with a working spacebar :D

As far as SSDs go, yes they are awesome for speeding up games and editing programs. テつ*I hear COrsair or OCZ are the top brands.

For your headset unless you have an awesome sound card i think you can get away with headsets with a USB soundcard. テつ*If your negating playing games with headsets and are looking more for sound and recording quality you could expand your search to less game centric manafacturers such as Bose etc.

If you want a gaming headset, i hear good things about the Razer Tiamat with true 7.1 surround.

Burning
2012-04-11, 10:15
Thanks iNco

But if you look at the Razer Black Widow Ultimate, its made of shiny plastic (fingerprint magnet) and it has 6(?) macro keys across 3 profiles.
Now the Corsair K90 is made out of aluminium , has laser edged keys, means they will never wear off. and it has 18 macrokeys across 3 profiles. And they are both priced the same.
So easy choice for me haha.

As for the Tiamat, who do you think i am , a oil baron xD ,its for carrying around at my school with a laptop. Its too expensive and such.

Aswell i sorta have a hate agianst razer because there product are not so well build, some headsets as exceptions, i had to RMA my Deathadder 3 times because the firmware fucked up, entirely not my fault. since the 2nd time it crashed, it was on a brand new PC with a brand new windows install. But i'm sorta forced into using the Deathadder since its the only left handed gaming mouse.

So what whould you buy first, keyboard or SSD?

FluggerNO
2012-04-11, 10:44
Keyboard.

Shadowfox
2012-04-11, 10:50
I'd buy the SSD first and a cheap keyboard to fix the space problem (for now).

RPGforYOU
2012-04-11, 12:51
Well,

If you have somewhere an old fully working keyboard then go for SSD.

If not then take keyboard, I spilled coke on my keyboard killing 3 keys of my PC for 4 days.
After that it completely worked again ...

Trust me shift, left control and the letter 'd' are a pain to miss on a keyboard xD

So yeh, if you don't have any substitution for your broken one, buy a new one.
You can always make something better after you fixed the things that are broken. :)

Hidde
2012-04-11, 13:53
Neither of the two listed in TS. Get a Crucial M4 / Samsung 830 series 128GB, better. SandForce controller is unreliable.

About the keyboard, it's better than the Razer but take a look at the real quality (though more unknown) mechanical keyboards. Take a look at this (http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold) and this topic (http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/1492723). Beware though! Many of these keyboards have to be imported which oftens costs a small fortune.

Burning
2012-04-11, 14:31
Neither of the two listed in TS. Get a Crucial M4 / Samsung 830 series 128GB, better. SandForce controller is unreliable.

About the keyboard, it's better than the Razer but take a look at the real quality (though more unknown) mechanical keyboards. Take a look at this (http://elitekeyboards.com/products.php?sub=leopold) and this topic (http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/1492723). Beware though! Many of these keyboards have to be imported which oftens costs a small fortune.

Those SSD's are to expensive, i dont have money for a 120 gig one. Also i know sandforce is unreliable. Corsair are actually the only Sandforce SSD's i whould ever buy. Because i know alot of people with one, and i dont hear bad storys about them ,unlike OCZ Sandforce. Also Corsair has Excellent customer support if something goes wrong.

As for the Keyboard, thats not an opinion open to discuss, i dont care for "true" mechanical, its just a nice benefit if it happens to be mechanical in the first place. K90 uses Cherry red switches.
I whould buy that keyboard for the looks alone. It's the best looking keyboard ever. Also the "real" keyboard you lised are mostly just really expensive plain one, while i need macro keys, backlighting and anti ghosting etc aswell :)

Thanks for your feedback though. I was leaning more towards the keyboard side in the first place. After reading all your advice i think buying the keyboard first, will fix my playing problems (have been using a semi broken keyboard for like 2 months now xD you get used to mashing spacebar until it works :P) And it will give me some time to save up, and wait for maybe better SSD's to come out, or them dropping in price.

However its still a hard pick.

As for headsets, anybody suggestions? I just found out that the HS1 & HS1A are not sold anymore, and are replaced by the terribly ugly Vengeance headsets. :(

Hidde
2012-04-11, 15:20
Meh, I don't like those "features", it's only annoying in my opinion. I would prefer a ninja keyboard (without letters on the keys) over all. The K90 is so ugly :P

Again about the SSD's, save an extra 竄ャ25 and get the Crucial, it's simply the best, it's cheaper than 竄ャ1/GB and for that 竄ャ25 extra you'll get 38 GB more...

FluggerNO
2012-04-11, 17:19
Its all about what u feel is rigth for ya Burning.
Can u somehow try to clean ya old keyboard?. Maby its something under there that stop`s it from working ya know.
I say go for the ssd that U like テつ*:D

I have the Corsair SSD Force Series 3, 120GB.
In the start is was so unstable. But then I did an firmware update. Still running good.
In fact I was thinking of bulding a Corsair pc as my next project.
Corsair Carbide 500R
Corsair HX 1050W PSU
Corsair SSD Force Series GT 240GB 2.5
Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 2000MHz 12GB
Corsair H100 Hydro Series CPU cooler
Corsair Vengeance K60 Performance
Corsair Vengeance M60 Performance

I get about 3400 EU back on my tax so.. LOL.. why not..

Burning
2012-04-11, 17:51
Its all about what u feel is rigth for ya Burning.
Can u somehow try to clean ya old keyboard?. Maby its something under there that stop`s it from working ya know.
I say go for the ssd that U like ツ*:D

I have the Corsair SSD Force Series 3, 120GB.
In the start is was so unstable. But then I did an firmware update. Still running good.
In fact I was thinking of bulding a Corsair pc as my next project.
Corsair Carbide 500R
Corsair HX 1050W PSU
Corsair SSD Force Series GT 240GB 2.5
Corsair Dominator GT DDR3 2000MHz 12GB
Corsair H100 Hydro Series CPU cooler
Corsair Vengeance K60 Performance
Corsair Vengeance M60 Performance

I get about 3400 EU back on my tax so.. LOL.. why not..

Haha no hidde has a point there on the SSD, and keyboard, well thats personal taste :)

And Yea about Corsair PC, i've been thinking about something like that aswell, but i dont have the funds to make something like that, also Corsair makes speakers sets :P

i'd go for 650D over Carbide, because it looks alot better, IMO