PDA

View Full Version : 60 min robbertwevers swearing

Burning
2012-04-08, 14:06
Banned this guy for 60 min off server #1, i say perm bann him for swearing with cancer.

Proof:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21399956/Cheat.jpg

WhiteMoose
2012-04-08, 16:14
I don't think he even deserved a warning.

There was talk about cheaters before his comment and he expressed is hate towards cheaters calling them a cancer. (which they are tbh).
Calling cheaters a cancer is nothing to warn/kick/ban anyone for.

FluggerNO
2012-04-08, 16:27
Nice work Burning ÂÂ*:D
I also think its good with a perm ban here.

WhiteMoose
2012-04-08, 17:12
Nice work Burning Â*:D
I also think its good with a perm ban here.

Why?

iNco782
2012-04-08, 19:25
i think cancer has a much deeper meaning in the Dutch culture from what i understand.

Similar to p*ki being very racist in England but not that racist in other countries.

Burning
2012-04-08, 20:22
If somebody says 'Kanker cheaters' In dutch thats implying cheaters should get cancer (and most likely die from it) now even though cheating is wrong, wishing them cancer, which is arguably one of the worst diseases out there, is just unacceptable.

Its different from saying something like cancer ticketbooth, which whould mean the ticketbooth is just a piece of shit. But a cheater is an actual person behind a computer, doing stuff we all are not so very keen on. But there persons never the less. Now saying Kanker to a person in dutch is almost always wishing it up on them. Clearly this dude wishes all cheaters, or just the people in the server at the time, which he believes are cheating, to get cancer. Now these people might not even be cheating at all. Since false accusations happen all the time. So in a sense, he even could be wishing cancer up on some random dude in the server who has done nothing wrong. Now ofcourse i might be thinking a bit far here. But there is a point in profanity we should draw the line and say. Ok this is worse beyond a warning, this is a perm bann. I think cancer is definatly on or maybe even over that line.

After all, we bann people for saying nigger, or jew. Because that can be offensive to Black people or jews. So what to think of those who lost a family member to that disease. It can be very serious to them. This is also an argument used alot agian swearing with diseases in the netherlands. And to a certain point they are right.
And in my opinion, its less offensive to call somebody a nigger, or a jew, than wishing them one of the worst diseases possible.

Now thats my long rant about the topic. Personally i spend a good amount of time in Call of Duty 4, so i dont care anymore whatever people trow at me :P . But that doesnt mean we shouldnt punish people who do it.

After all we encourage mature play and no swearing. So people get killed by language filter for saying fuck shit damn or noob. But if somebody wishes cancer upon somebody or some group its ok?

WhiteMoose
2012-04-08, 20:40
Thank you for elaborating so excellent, Burning.

Vercetti
2012-04-10, 00:52
What she said, Kanker is the worst swearing word in the Netherlands.