PDA

View Full Version : Appealing a ban

Markan
2012-04-05, 12:12
Hi

I appear to be being banned from your servers as a result of you following @BFAntiRacism on Metabans. I have no idea what the root cause of this ban would be as I would not knowingly make any kind of racist comment. @BFAntiRacism has no contact details on Metabans so I can't get in touch with them to get to the bottom of this so I thought I would contact you folks directly.

Oddly the initial ban was issued 22 hours ago at a point where I wasn't in game anywhere; a fact that can be substantiated by examining Battlelog.

I have played on your servers for BF3 and BC2 and I would hate to lose access without understanding the logic behind a ban

My soldier name is Markan79

iNco782
2012-04-05, 12:33
Hi Markan79

After reviewing our logs it would appear you were incorrectly banned for Racism as you used a racist word but not in a dergatory context as per chat log below;

20111115_chat.log.txt:[18:58:37] markan79 > Is nigger really acceptable?

Your ban has been lifted and i apologise for any incovienience caused.

I hope you continue to enjoy our servers.

Champ
2012-04-05, 13:34
We appolgies for this, and is happy you enjoy our servers soo well.
We also appriciate the mature way you handled this and came and asked in a nicely way

Gisse
2012-04-05, 13:45
Damn, need to check for such thing. Sorry mate for ban , we had huge ban session. Unfortunately you went in :(

Markan
2012-04-05, 15:13
Ahhh ÂÂ*- I even remember typing that :) It further confused me because the ban appeared to be recent and I knew I hadn't said anything that could even be misinterpreted recently.

Thanks for handling it so politely and thoroughly :)

I am actually a site Admin for another large gaming community "The Older Gamers"; so I know first hand how easily this sort of thing can happen.